Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Only Real Beef With Forma

DGwar

This screws up mastery hardcore and really interferes with the point of the mastery system (which is to distinguish players which have a lot of experience and ones that haven't used many of the weapons), although I saw a PM from Rebecca on a thread, and the message said they may add visual distinction to forma'd gear (maybe a different colored glow depending on how many times it has been formad, etc.

This screws up mastery hardcore and really interferes with the point of the mastery system (which is to distinguish players which have a lot of experience and ones that haven't used many of the weapons), although I saw a PM from Rebecca on a thread, and the message said they may add visual distinction to forma'd gear (maybe a different colored glow depending on how many times it has been formad, etc.

you already got little silver stars at the wepn

Edited by Depar

Silver starts in a menu is not a visual distinction. It's really funny how a lot of people who are for the forma system as is are those with higher ranks, or people who are just used to having to deal with the leveling system. I mean, I'm rank 5 already, with 2 unleveled frames and a couple guns to level still. That being said, all I'm trying to get across to you is that as it stands forma'ing a weapon or warframe is very unrewarding after the initial hey look a polarity swap.

I am one of those types that despite a lot of pointless utilisation of weapons I don't want or need, when I know my current setup could possible accelerate me into the game with more fun and potential of buying my forma's.

You know why I am hesistant on using my Forma? Because I know I won't get XP from it when I do so, I want those clan-tech weapons but then again that's a good 400+ hours of my life. Hell no.

indeed, polarizing a weapon has become unrewarding. so much more when they release a prime weapon version of the weapon you painstakingly forma'd. I know its almost equally hard to farm for those prime parts. Thats one of the reason i stopped forma'ing my weapons and farm for those prime parts and forma those prime weapons instead.

Forma'ing weapons should give a tangible reward and not just those stars. those stars IMO should:

1 star - increase base damage by so and so points

2 stars - increase crit base damage

3 stars - decrease reload time

4 stars so and so...

indeed, polarizing a weapon has become unrewarding. so much more when they release a prime weapon version of the weapon you painstakingly forma'd. I know its almost equally hard to farm for those prime parts. Thats one of the reason i stopped forma'ing my weapons and farm for those prime parts and forma those prime weapons instead.

Forma'ing weapons should give a tangible reward and not just those stars. those stars IMO should:

1 star - increase base damage by so and so points

2 stars - increase crit base damage

3 stars - decrease reload time

4 stars so and so...

tumblr_mjrg754N5v1s8czzko1_400.gif

Edited by PiotrGracz

I can see point from both sides of why/why not, there should be additional rewards for polarizing multiple times.

This is my stand point in trying to view the bigger picture....

Members that play warframe regularly (lets say 20 hours or more weekly), most likely would have no problem laboring mission after mission to reach that pinnacle potential of their weapons/frames.

It entices a renewed reasons to play more, give a satisfying feeling when finally re-ranking to 30, and provides the joys of wielding the new found power in gear.

Now for the more casual players (less then 20 hours a week.) that cant spend as much time due to obligations or even interest...may find it hard to be motivated to climb that hill for added power.

They may even just feel demoralized when finding out that they need to re-rank....... all over again.

That can cause drops of interest in playing warframe, which in turn hurts the whole player community in a way.

Maybe there should be an additional reward to draw in the more casual players to forma their gear...but me personally..it be hard to pin what sort of reward it should be...

I'm kinda on the fence on this one...sorry dude, best feedback i can provide is a broader perspective on the subject. ><

Warframe:

Forma 1 : 175 = 5250

Forma 2: 150 = 4500

Forma 3: 125 = 3750

Forma 4: 100 = 3000

Forma 5: 75 = 2250

Forma 6: 50 = 1500

Forma 7: 25 = 750

Forma 8: 0 = 0

Total = 21,000 Mastery for 8 Forma's Time consuming but it offers something more.

Weapon:

Forma 1: 75 = 2250

Forma 2: 50 = 1500

Forma 3: 25 = 750

Forma 4: 0 = 0

Total = 4,500 Master for 3 Forma's Time consuming but it offers something more. 

That's a total of 25,500 From just a weapon and a warframe and its time consuming exactly what they are looking for. 

Mastery refers to how many different weapons and warframes you've mastered.

Mastery rank is the only proof that a player has played lots of DIFFERENT playstyles and roles.

If you go to "Profile -> Leaderboard -> <Any stat> -> My Ranking" you'll see how much you've done.

I'd be nice if Missions Completed was also in the Leaderboard. And highest Defense Wave reached.

"Not permanent". You can change them, so they are not inherent advantages/disadvantages to the weapon, which means polarity can be ignored as a balance mechanism.

Ah I see what you mean now, but I don't think temporary is the right word. Temporary would indicate that the polarities provided by forma are removed at some point, either by a timer (forma'ing this weapon provides 7 days of this polarity slot, etc.) or some other effect that removes the polarity slot given by forma.

Edited by CJx101

I disagree.  I bet very few players buy the mats or rush the build times (except maybe for Warframes).  Forma is obtainable in-game, but not easily.  It only drops in the void and even then it only drops on 2 types of T2/T3 missions.  And what you will most likely get is a BP, which cost materials to make, which means more farming.  There is a LOT of incentive to buy Forma.  If you earned exp from Forma'd weapons I bet a lot more people would be buying Forma.

Buying Forma, and what else? A Forma costs what, 70 platinum if you buy all the materials and then rush it? Nobody is going to do that anyway when you can just buy a straight forma from the market for 20. A lot of the weapons cost five to ten times as much platinum as a Forma, and even rushing them usually costs at least 10-15 platinum more than buying a Forma.

Edited by gallowsCalibrator

I would love to Forma all of my favorite weapons, but the lack of any kind of reward has held me back. I don't care about a star on my rifle's stock or a cool color scheme. I want tangible, long term benefits. I want to see some Mastery, improvements in operation(Faster reload, fire rate, AP, damage; pick one) or both. Make it worth my time and potentially, money to use Forma.

This all comes back to that age old question, "Would you rather be a Jack-of-all-trades or a Master-of-one?"

The way I look at it, the choice should be yours. If I want to use the same kit until it rusts and crumbles, let me. For those who want to try everything, let them. All I ask is that there be a reward for both sides.

I would love to Forma all of my favorite weapons, but the lack of any kind of reward has held me back. I don't care about a star on my rifle's stock or a cool color scheme. I want tangible, long term benefits. I want to see some Mastery, improvements in operation(Faster reload, fire rate, AP, damage; pick one) or both. Make it worth my time and potentially, money to use Forma.

This all comes back to that age old question, "Would you rather be a Jack-of-all-trades or a Master-of-one?"

The way I look at it, the choice should be yours. If I want to use the same kit until it rusts and crumbles, let me. For those who want to try everything, let them. All I ask is that there be a reward for both sides.

I just think they should find a different way to provide a reward other than mastery points. How would they deal with all the people that have already used most of the weapons for mastery? Should they go up even MORE mastery rank than those that want points for forma as well? I have used about 85% of the weapons in this game up to rank 30 and have forma'd items in this game about 50 times. That would make me (even based on diminishing rewards) approximately mastery rank 16. That's ridiculous.

I just think they should find a different way to provide a reward other than mastery points. How would they deal with all the people that have already used most of the weapons for mastery? Should they go up even MORE mastery rank than those that want points for forma as well? I have used about 85% of the weapons in this game up to rank 30 and have forma'd items in this game about 50 times. That would make me (even based on diminishing rewards) approximately mastery rank 16. That's ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? You have worked, fought and crafted your way to Rank 16(hypothetically). You've earned it and if you don't have, your Forma has been for nothing. That's my point.

Why is it ridiculous? You have worked, fought and crafted your way to Rank 16(hypothetically). You've earned it and if you don't have, your Forma has been for nothing. That's my point.

the basic meaning of mastery is, you manged to master many weapons

gaining mastery for weapons you masterd, is just plain stupid to be honest.

and the only point why we discuss this here is because CoD started it with their stupid system

Edited by Depar