Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jumping

SteelMecha

If there is something that i hate about this game is the jumping.

Why?

Well because it's floaty as hell. If you run fast enough on stairs you detach yourself from the ground and when you land you roll for no @(*()$ reason, which breaks the momentum. Or if you stand still jump and shoot when you land you will roll forward for no reason which got me hit by moas  several times.

So could you tighten up the jumps? My suggestions are to cancel the automatic roll and let the player decide when to roll. And a faster flight speed kinda like the one from the front flip.

Jumping in a ninja game is very important in my opinion, and as a player i would like to not feel like i'm fighting against the game and like i got hit because of the clunckyness of the game.

I really hope that something can be done about this problem.

I can't imagine how you would react to the nightmare mode gravity effect if the normal gravity annoys you.

yea but that's zero gravity, poop like that it's supposed to happend in those conditions, but not in normal conditions.

Edited by SteelMecha

Only thing I agree with is that damned auto-roll when you go over a centimeter off the ground, that needs to be removed. I dunno how many times I'm doing a rush run and I slide down stairs only to switch into a roll and get shockwaved by a random heavy because the roll takes like 20 seconds to finish.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't "auto rolling" connected to sprinting? No sprint = no roll?

Nah, you auto-roll after you jump. There's also an animation wherein you land still, bending your knees to absorb the impact, but I think that animation is only triggered if you land from sufficient height.

Only thing I agree with is that damned auto-roll when you go over a centimeter off the ground, that needs to be removed. I dunno how many times I'm doing a rush run and I slide down stairs only to switch into a roll and get shockwaved by a random heavy because the roll takes like 20 seconds to finish.

This is somewhat annoying, but you should be used it to it and know how to prevent it. I see stairs, I tend to immediately slide down them out of ingrained habit. Speed boost and prevents the rolling.

To be fair though, I tend to run Trinity so I've usually got Redirect on when I'm even remotely close to an enemy so all it does is fling me backwards in the dive animation. xD

The floaty part is really what bothers me. Noticed it shortly after I started playing. Overall movement feels responsive but jumping in this game always gave me this vibe of something that was kinda rushed. It also feels like there's a lack of sound too. No type of impact felt when landing/etc. I guess you could pull the "ninjas are silent" card though u____u