The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[NOT FIXED]Need Help, game frame rates capped at random ammounts??

MrBanana20

Game is at 50 frames atm, not going higher nor lower, yesterday was at 24-27 frames , already reinstalled the game, drivers are updated, usually my game runs at ultra whit 120 fps or so.

GPU and CPU are working normally, all other games and programs are working well. Vsync is off both in game and nvidia configurations. Got no idea of what to do.

[used malwarebytes, was able to remove the problem, idk why it only affected warframe}

Edit: Now its glitching again ,help me, now malwarebytes isnt deteting anything but frames are stuck at 47 etc.

Edited by MrBanana20

I have fairly decent rig:

• GTX 1060 6GB @ 1900Mhz
  • Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.6Ghz
  • 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz RAM

And I have the same issue, GPU usage is usually below 50% and CPU usage is also relativelly low, RAM usage is normal for warframe, yet the game runs terrible. I sometimes hit low 40s and endurance runs demolish my fps to 20-30 fps. I believe it all started 3 weeks ago, before that warframe ran butter smooth 200+ fps for me. Looks like warframe is not utilizing given resources especially GPU. Lowering settings doesn't help at all.

My clanmate has serious overheating issues on a bit older machine because Warframe stresses his CPU way too much. Sounds like serious memory leaks.

Tried whole OS reinstall an no luck at all.

DE needs to fix it ASAP.

Edited by gicioks

On 2018-06-14 at 12:43 PM, MrBanana20 said:

Game is at 50 frames atm, not going higher nor lower, yesterday was at 24-27 frames , already reinstalled the game, drivers are updated, usually my game runs at ultra whit 120 fps or so.

GPU and CPU are working normally, all other games and programs are working well. Vsync is off both in game and nvidia configurations. Got no idea of what to do.

You should definitely try using 'Display Driver Uninstaller' to do a clean reinstall of your video drivers before anything else. I can't tell you how many times that has fixed my GPU issues with Warframe

• GTX 1060 6GB
  • 16GB RAM
  • Intel i7-7700K 4.20GHz
  • 72Hz Screen
  • Fullscreen Mode
  • Max Settings Except Particles (High)

I've been having a somewhat similar issue but it happens at complete random. Out of nowhere either in specific areas and/or waiting around, my game for some reason would drop to exactly half the frames (36fps) until I moved the camera or my frame. I have no idea why it happens, but it seems to be linked with VSync and maybe Direct X11. Turning it off along with setting your max frames seems to be the best temporary fix for now. I've also been noticing GPU spikes while playing Warframe, but nothing to the extreme of what you guys are saying.

Edited by Electro_the_Devolian