Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] The Sacrifice - My opinion

84773-RY

Just completed The Sacrifice, but felt I should post a topic given other people's talks going on. 

I enjoyed the quest, was interesting and fun (Aside from the operator/umbra fight). The lore was interesting, and I am glad we were able to put a hole in Ballas' smugness. 

There were a fair few things I enjoyed about the quest:

• Quest-crafting took virtually no time, and was cheap to boot! Very much appreciated there!
  • Lots of lore!
  • Shaking the boat, I was honestly worried of a more permanent change to Ordis after the uplink. 
  • Moral choices - Curious of their effect in the long run.
  • Interesting new tiles to explore.
  • Found myself worried for the characters involved, associated with the Umbra lore.

There were a couple things I was not so keen on also:

• Umbra v Operator fight, the last one. Mostly face-tanking the abilities he used that could one hit kill the operator, while blasting and chipping at a health pool. I think the ability to hit while in the void walk is a glitch however.
  • No damage bonus (that I could see) for attacking a mimic before it was revealed, reducing the incentive to spot them preemptively.
  • Needs more spacemum, really keen to bring her back but only saw a brief glimpse that served to make me feel more pessimistic of the prospect. 
  • Possible bug with the light/dark choices, "The cycle is broken" did not seem like a dark choice to me. 

Got a couple ideas, mostly from my own self-hype of the mission, that I wanted to throw DE's way.

• The choice between saving Ordis or the Lotus would be a tough choice for most. 
  • Likewise, I was half expecting having to choose between saving mum and loosing my most used warframe, or visa versa. This would have been quite a sacrifice to consider!
  • I hope there will be a way added in the future to allow Prime frames to fight while in operator mode, was awesome to see in the quest!

All in all, I'm looking forward to the next part of the story, and really hope we can save her next time!

That last point, it's not just in the quest.  He followed me into Onko's lair when I went to check out the new items he has for sale.

The moral choices have been around for a while now and they've yet to do anything except change Helmith's dialogue and the scenes that play out directly after making them.

It's interesting because I felt that while this quest did have the most lore and answered the most questions, they were all smaller questions and the conclusion wasn't very emotionally affecting compared to the previous two.