Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenades

Juper0

Sticky grenades for those annoying balls........

yes please! or even just some item you could drop like a landmine so those stupid rollers would roll to their doom. rollers totally ruin my day. every day. practically without fail. just one of those enemies i seem to have no aptitude of killing. 3 or 4 rollers = stunlocked till i die unless someone kills em for me.

I'm completely against that. All warframes has more than enough powers at their disposal for grenades to be unrequired for a skilled player. I don't want Warframe to become a grenade spamfest. "A lot of enemies? Throw a grenade! Enemies are behind cover? Throw a grenade! Out of energy? Throw a grenade!". This should not happen in Warframe.

Actually, traditional Japanese ninjas were often known for using grenade-like weaponry.

You just reminded of some game on PS1 I think, where you as ninja actualy did use grenades. That totally chagned my mind since I was coming to say we should have other throwables like ninja stars.

not that im for or against grenades but that problem can be solved with limiting to 1 or 2 granades per mission (per player ofc)

In that case yes, it wouldn't harm the gameplay. But will it be worth it? With multitudes of enemies thrown against you, having a grenade or two will not make any significant difference if grenades cannot be replenished during mission. If however player can pick up more grenades on the go, then even a carry limit of 1 or 2 per player will not mean that much and the grenade spam will ensue.

My concern here is that grenades are in the direct conflict with warframe abilities as a tool to overcome numerical advantage of the enemy forces. Warframe abilities are clearly riginal, way more interesting to use and generally require more skills on the player side. Giving grenades to the player will devalue warframe abilities, which is definitely not a good thing.

• 1 month later...

I think grenades should be a warframe mod

- start at power level 6

- max 3 upgrades

- upgrades add an additional grenade.

- grenades dose no damage, but the concussion blast can scatter/ flush out troops

my reasoning is more to give a tactical advantage over more fire power,

limiting the amount make them more of a strategic asset.

Nades existed and the devs didnt like them. i dont think we actually need them....

didnont need the cool planetoid copius base

or the awsome bow

or the Throwing knifes that are in the works for pistol grip

I say let us have the exact granades they use but only give us 1 when we enter a mission and have to find the rest like ammo and ammo boxes for them only give 1 nade and cost 1k

all the hp and damage reduction badguys have in this game at high levels the granade would only deplet the shield...

I would imagine we would start with a capacity of at least two grenades per mission, with the ability to increase that via mods and/or ammo pick-ups/boxes, as oppose to only starting with one.

I'm fine with increasing payloads thru mods but not the pickup, I believe a grenade could be uses tactically, but I don,t want them to overwelm the game play, in mission pickups should not happen. This should help against grenade spam fests happening. The plHayer should have to consider when to use such a limited resource.

Edited by Hawkfellow

didnont need the cool planetoid copius base

or the awsome bow

or the Throwing knifes that are in the works for pistol grip

I say let us have the exact granades they use but only give us 1 when we enter a mission and have to find the rest like ammo and ammo boxes for them only give 1 nade and cost 1k

all the hp and damage reduction badguys have in this game at high levels the granade would only deplet the shield...

I think the devs had a reason for not adding them again....

I think the devs had a reason for not adding them again....

Why can't people remember that this current version of WF is still beta and devs are constantly trying new things. Throwable weapons are going to make their appearance in the u8. That could mean introduction of grenades too. Who knows.

Why can't people remember that this current version of WF is still beta and devs are constantly trying new things. Throwable weapons are going to make their appearance in the u8. That could mean introduction of grenades too. Who knows.

I actually know that this is beta. Devs made nades at the beginning and didnt like them. What does that have to do with Beta? There was a reason for not adding them. And since the game didnt changed 360% to be a completely different game than it was in the beginning, I dont think they will re-appear....

Edited by Venarge

I actually know that this is beta. Devs made nades at the beginning and didnt like them. What does that have to do with Beta? There was a reason for not adding them. And since the game didnt changed 360% to be a completely different game than it was in the beginning, I dont think they will re-appear....

Well that changes everything. I didn't honestly know that they already tried having nades in the game.

I'd rather there not be grenade, rocket, or bomb-like weapons to level up. The noise from it and stuff would be annoying.

Imagine the screen shake.

And as someone said before,

"You are the grenade."

I'm fine with increasing payloads thru mods but not the pickup, I believe a grenade could be uses tactically, but I don,t want them to overwelm the game play, in mission pickups should not happen. This should help against grenade spam fests happening. The plHayer should have to consider when to use such a limited resource.

Oh, for sure. Any ammo pick-ups for grenades should only ever replenish one grenade, and said pick-ups should be rarer than sniper ammunition. I simply mean that the default "ammo" capacity for grenades (without mods) should be closer to two, not one. And even with mods, that capacity should probably never exceed four.