Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A suggestion for a PvP mode. Better clan wars?

CaptainPuff

I feel like the games PVP has to be expanded. The game has great movement mechanics, great shooting mechanics, yet no PVP to make use of them. Besides, PVP would give a bit more meaning to the never ending grind, as well

The game already has clan and building mechanics, so I think the best way to implement PVP would be to make clan dojos into a flat ground where you can put down your own walls and defences and then fight other clans for researched blueprints and resources.

You could make it a planned clan war kind-of-thing with either matchmaking based on level or with war-requests or you could make the dojo accessible at all times

Perhaps you could make it so you could chose a side: grineer/corpus/infected overlords and then add the ability to have NPC protect your dojo

The stealth mechanic could also find great use here: for example, the dojo is hosted either on the raiders PC or on PC of somebody who's already in the dojo. If the raider doesnt trigger any alarms, he can safely download a blueprint (the dropchance of a BP could depend on its rarity. For example the first level BPs like mutagen mass could have a 50% drop chance and jhin has 10% chance. If you get a duplicate, you either get some materials needed for the craft of said blueprint or some "research points stuffs") if the raider does trigger an alarm, all clan members get an alarm in their chat and the raider has to run to exit as fast as possible to not get screwed by bunch of people/npcs/(defence turrets?) coming to get him

Anyways, these are just some of my ideas, but I think having something like that would make Warframe make much more sense, attracting a bunch of people to the game

An answer to some people in advance: People mainly play Warframe for PvE mostly because PvE is all Warframe has. It doesnt mean that Warframe shouldnt have a decent PvP mode. If people dont come to Warframe for PvP, it doesnt mean they shouldnt.

Edit: Btw those flatgrounds could also be on eilodon fields so that you dont have to remake the dojos again.

Edited by CaptainPuff