Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hipo's Comprehensive Mod Feedback

Hipolipolopigus

This is everything that I can think of that currently irks me about the mod system as it is now.

Polarity Diversity

I understand that certain things will have certain places - Defence mods do make more sense on a Warframe than a Rifle - but when you're pushing out weapons that have preset polarities with only one or two possible mods to put in there, things go downhill.

• Warframes lack common and uncommon offense mods
  • Shotguns and Rifles lack common defence mods, and the total amount of defence mods is somewhat low
  • Melee is lacking defence, though the role of melee means that this is a non-issue.

Stun

Is seemingly undesirable next to raw damage output.

Cost Rounding

As we all know, matching a polarity will halve the mod cost and round it up. This is an issue with almost every mod which has an odd numbered cost at max rank. I'd love another rank for Continuity, Flow and Focus to get another 5, 25 and 5 percent respective boost; have it high-cost, high-reward.

Mod Packs and Transmutation

For the love of Lotus, remove the bloody abilities from these pools.

Auras

There are a handful of auras that are actually useful in the current endgame, this pool will inevitably decrease to health/energy regeneration as content becomes more difficult.

You fail to understand the ambiguity that the icons represent.

Defensive abilities protect you: Shields, Health, Heal, etc.

Ice damage is put on weapons to increase their damage output. The snare is a bi-product.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_control_(video_gaming)'>Learn. When I see D-slots on weapons giving you health, then you'll be correct.

Mod cost rounding is there to "make you think" of that last point. 

But it doesn't work that way, all it does is consume an otherwise unnecessary mod point.

Regarding the lack of V mods for warframes, please check this out too https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/95199-we-need-more-v-mods-for-warframes/

Melee weapons could actually have a couple of real D mods to affect blocking.

And yeah... stun mods are terrible and a big part of the problem is that electricity and fire stun too. The stun mods +% need to increase and elemental mods should only changed the animation of the stuns, while the quantity of stuns should depended solely on the weapon and stun mods.

Regarding cost rounding I got to disagree, it encourages the use more varied mod set ups even if just a little.

Transmutation needs some iron rules to make it reliable and allow players to narrow down the outcome, for example: if I mix 3 V mods and a D mod then the odds are 3 to 1 between those 2 polarities; if I mix 4 warframes mods then I'm guaranteed a warframe mod as result; ect with other aspect of mods like rarity and even effect. To make it fair the more narrowed down the outcome is the more it cost to transmute.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Regarding cost rounding I got to disagree, it encourages the use more varied mod set ups even if just a little.

This logic is rather flawed. A halved 13-cost mod has the same effective cost as a halved 14-cost mod, so there's nothing to think about besides the fact that you're being screwed out of a rank :P

This logic is rather flawed. A halved 13-cost mod has the same effective cost as a halved 14-cost mod, so there's nothing to think about besides the fact that you're being screwed out of a rank :P

That's exactly the point: if the mod maxes at 14 drain there would be not decision making at all weather to equip it with 13 or 14 drain because they both round to 7; if the mod maxes at 13 drain then I could choose to equip the 12 drain copy to make a bit more room for a different mod. It's subtle, but I think it's positive. 

Edited by CubedOobleck