Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mechanic: The Enemy's Weapons.

Xylia

So an idea hit me earlier today:

We kill these guys left-and-right, and there should be lots of guns laying around. What's stopping us from picking one up and using it, like in so many other games that have similar playstyle (LA Noire does this, for example).

The system I envison, would work something like this:

1). You kill an enemy that has a gun, said gun remains on the ground for, say, 60 seconds. Maybe 30 seconds? Something like that.

2). You crouch at the corpse and hit X (it only works while crouching so that opening lockers, interacting with computers, etc are not affected by this, you don't want to be picking up a gun when you really want to hack a computer etc).

3). Your Tenno grabs the weapon off of the fallen enemy.

4). You can use this gun (your Tenno places both his Primary and Secondary in their holsters/across his/her back) until it runs out of ammo. You cannot reload temporary weapons.

5). Ammo would be random between 50-99% of the weapon's normal Clip. For example, a Grakata has a 60-round clip. Picking one up would give you a random 30-59 rounds.

5). Said weapons could either be unranked versions of those weapons, or could maybe have random levels and mods depending on what level enemy dropped it, or whatever.

6). Any affinity earned with this weapon is wasted, just like if you were to use a Lv30 weapon to kill something.

What good would this do?

1). It'd give us an interesting gameplay mechanic.

2). It'd add realism.

3). It'd give Tenno a chance to try out weapons they've never used yet.

4). It'd let you save a little ammo on your own weapons.

5). It'd add some variety to gameplay.

6). In some situations, it could actually be nice (esp for newbies with MK1s, the Grakata is better than the MK1).

Edited by Xylia

So what's the point in crafting a Grakata if you can find it anywhere in Grineer's missions ?

Except putting mods on it and level it up. Yeah still useful though. But is a Grakata with no mods or lvls really better than a MK1 with mods and everything ? I see where you're going, but it is good for games that don't have leveling up possibilities, so you can pick weapons randomly in the game. Since we put mods and everything, once you put ameliorations on your weapon, there is no point in taking ennemies rifles. The advantages of your system last only a few levels, the first steps of the game noob.

Edited by matto

This doesn't seem like a necessary feature to me since most players are using better guns (or simply more modified guns) than the enemies use. However, if they wanted to throw this mechanic in, I suppose they could just do the same thing they did in dark sector and have the enemy dropped guns self destruct after a minute or so when you pick them up.

So what's the point in crafting a Grakata if you can find it anywhere in Grineer's missions ?

Except putting mods on it and level it up. Yeah still useful though. But is a Grakata with no mods or lvls really better than a MK1 with mods and everything ? I see where you're going, but it is good for games that don't have leveling up possibilities, so you can pick weapons randomly in the game. Since we put mods and everything, once you put ameliorations on your weapon, there is no point in taking ennemies rifles. The advantages of your system last only a few levels, the first steps of the game noob.

I don't think he meant you can take their weapons 'for keeps.' I think it was just until the ammo runs out and you drop it or something

No sure I got that point ! But you kill a Grineer, you take a Grakata. Then it vanished. So you kill another Grineer and you get a Grakata. Etc. So you get a Grakata during the whole mission right ? So you don't need to take a Grakata with you during this mission. Except if yours is better with mods and S#&$. But then, you don't need to take Grineer's grakata since you got your own.

Also, you'll pick a Grakata with 0 mods, 0 lvl, etc. Ok for first missions, but what is the point in higher level missions ? It will be unefficient on high level mobs right ? Except if you level the weapons dropped by ennemies according to the level of the mission. But still no mods on it, so still not interesting. Just "fun" for a few sec.

Edited by matto

No sure I got that point ! But you kill a Grineer, you take a Grakata. Then it vanished. So you kill another Grineer and you get a Grakata. Etc. So you get a Grakata during the whole mission right ? So you don't need to take a Grakata with you during this mission. Except if yours is better with mods and S#&$. But then, you don't need to take Grineer's grakata since you got your own.

Also, you'll pick a Grakata with 0 mods, 0 lvl, etc. Ok for first missions, but what is the point in higher level missions ? It will be unefficient on high level mobs right ? Except if you level the weapons dropped by ennemies according to the level of the mission. But still no mods on it, so still not interesting. Just "fun" for a few sec.

I dunno... I mean why do you think the higher level mobs are actually stronger than the lower level mobs? they gotta have SOME mods on those things. It'd make sense to be able to have the same attack power as the ones you stole it from

But yeah, the ammo conservation thing sounds pretty good. And really... I'd like to take revenge on those danged scorches using their own ig... ig... ignises? .-. I can't tell what the plural of ignis is

The point is to let people who do not own the weapon try it out. Quite a good idea in my opinion.

This is the only real point I see. But this would mean that DE should make all the mobs' weapons available ! We can't craft or buy them all, not available on the market.

How about MOA ? Can we take their heads on the ground ? :D

This is the only real point I see. But this would mean that DE should make all the mobs' weapons available ! We can't craft or buy them all, not available on the market.

How about MOA ? Can we take their heads on the ground ? :D

Other than MOAs, any humanoid enemy in the game that has a weapon has a version that you can buy or craft. All of the Corpus weapons are covered, MOAs are not humanoids, so you can't take their guns.

You suggested this idea with the express purpose of stealing an Eviscerator's Miter. Admit it.

Actually, I wasn't thinking of Miters. And I've heard that they are disappointing anyways.

I'm thinking more of some of the Corpus guns; it'd be cool to try one out for a bit to see if I really like how they look/feel before I go dumping 1250 plastids into one, lol.