Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Decorations Are Too Small-Minded

EatMorChiikin

Dojo decorations are meant for one thing, and are very good at it. If you want to spruce up your Dojo, add a few Tenno arches, make a nice Corpus platform, partition off a new room, decorations are there for you. The possibilities are almost limitless. Almost. My problem with them is this: Dojo decorations are entirely limited to the Dojos themselves, with no large open spaces (larger than the Grandest Hall) to build in. Creativity is limited by inconvenience. These next paragraphs will explain what I would like to see, and how it would be accomplished (assume I'm addressing DE directly).

What I would like to see:

I see a hangar, the size of the Dojo itself, filled with cargo transports, attack drones, dropships, and all manner of spacecraft from every faction. I see galleons docked along the length of the Dojo, Grineer, Corpus, Orokin, and Tenno side by side, fully furnished both inside and out. I see space battles suspended in frozen splendor, giant robots and attack drones tearing each other apart. I see enormous mechs blocking out the sky with their monstrous size, with entire rooms inside for their crews. I see halls and towers, new rooms for the Dojo, made entirely out of decorations. All this I see, and wish I could build, but I cannot.

How it would be accomplished:

More room to build is definitely the most important factor in all of this. When I look at the Dojo in the Star Chart, I see a space station surrounded by a force field bubble, presumably to protect it from the marauding enemy factions. There's a lot of unused room in that bubble. When I glitch out of the map in the Dojo (yes, I have a teleporter up there), all I see is blackness. If there were a starry background, a solid surface on the outside walls and ceilings, and a huge space in which I can build (normally when I go more than a few meters above the ceiling, It won't let me build anything), I could make anything. Anything at all.

More decorations would be amazingly helpful, even crucial. There are currently (as of 6/16/18) 39 Corpus decorations and 32 Grineer decorations, with very little variety. In the face of all the decoration-esque elements used in-game, in the tiles amde by DE, that's not very much. And tiny decorations like that aren't going to help much if I want to build a Corpus galleon, with realistic rooms and everything. I'll be happy when Dojo decorations exceed 100 decorations per faction.

Decoration funding efficiency is technically not crucial, but I highly reccomend it. It takes approximately five seconds to fund each decoration, three to four if you get into your groove while funding a whole bunch. If you're funding one hundred decorations, it would take a minimum of five minutes. However, if there was a "Contribute to all Decorations" menu, with all the materials needed for every unfunded decoration, it would take thirty seconds max to fund every decoration in the Dojo. There is yet one more problem with decoration funding. If more space and more decorations were added, I, and every Dojo decorator worth his/her salt, would be making a lot more. I know I would be making a ton of decorations, and my clanmates wouldn't fund a single one because "decorations are useless." At that point, it would get very expensive to fund it all by myself. Prices would have to be lowered.

General bugs relating to Dojo decorations, especially the one where a decoration that you pick would flip at least ninety degrees, would have to be fixed. They have to be fixed anyway, but if so many people are using decorations (and they would if you do everything I'm suggesting), it would have to be reprioritized.

That's all I can think of at the moment, though I'm sure I'm missing something. Thanks for reading and considering my thoughts, and have a great day!

Edit: This all started when you added those first Grineer and Corpus decorations. All I want is for you to finish what you started.

Edited by EatMorChiikin

The last few updates helped transform my empty Dojo into an amazing looking empty Dojo. Players rather spend their time in the landing craft because it has the foundry, the market, the relic refinement segment, etc. I recommend adding all the landing craft segments as decorations to put anywhere in the Dojo so we don't leave the Dojo and reenter everytime you want to put something in the foundry or refine a relic.

Edited by (PS4)THE-REIGEN
misspelling

If you glitch through the observatory you get the space background and whole lot of room. I've seen people build hangars and ships and pyramids out there. I am, however am for more decorations and more room. IKEAFRAME ENDGAME 

Edited by (PS4)goodboxgonebad