Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Two Main Reasons We Should Never Be Allowed To Shoot Through Teammates

Zakalwe

Currently, because teammates can block each other's shots, you need to think a little about your co-ordination. Add the ability to shoot through each other and the game would became even more of a spam fest.

And melee kills slower then guns, no matter how well modded you're not going to be able to keep up with a good sniper who can 1-2 shot everything in the room and hit targets before you even reach them. Imagine if that guy could also shoot right though you at the enemy you're engaged in melee with.

This is hardly a tactical game as it is, making combat more thoughtless is not the way to go.

Edited by Zakalwe

Obviously.

As puncture is rare and a choice that not everyone will take, it's a little beside the point.

Anyway, puncture shouldn't shoot through teammates, imo, it's just a silly mechanic and makes no real sense.

Edited by Zakalwe

Obviously.

As puncture is rare and a choice that not everyone will take, it's a little beside the point.

Anyway, puncture shouldn't shoot through teammates, imo.

So, a mod that shoots through walls doors and enemies should not shoot through teammates? How about we keep puncture as it is.

For the reasons explained above.

Plus it makes no sense that you can shoot through teammates without harming them.

On the second note, it makes perfect sense that you can shoot through your teammates without harming them. In a way that you can't harm your teammates in the first place, making them "walls".

Also, if you want to be better than a puncture modded Snipetron, then be fast, and be efficent. Half-&#! melee weapons versus topmodded Snipetron is a no-go. But if you have a fast killing melee, you will get the kill easily. Snieptron only has 10 shots before it has to reload. Reloading is a pain, without too good reload modifications.

Signature.png

Edited by Labcat

Telling someone to be fast and efficient doesn't cut it.

Simple fact: if the players are of equal skill and their items are equally levelled and modded, a melee user will never keep up with a gun. You can tell me you do all you like, but I guarantee you you won't be able to if you play with someone who's just as good as you are.

And while I'm aware melee is a secondary mechanic and it's not supposed to kill as fast as a primary, other mechanics that make it more inefficient or frustrating to use should be avoided.

I have no puncture mod on my sniper, or my braton, my gorgon, or my lex (Etc..) and I always have to hold back if there's a user levelling their melee weapon or there simply won't be enough for them to kill.

And as most aren't considerate, and "steal" kills regardless, being able to shoot through teammates makes melee even less effective.

It's a poor mechanic, and puncutre is only "balanced" due to its rarity.

Edited by Zakalwe

I have Puncture mod on my Snipetron. I allow people to melee, should they want to. But I also use my Furax a lot. My Furax has a very fast charge-speed and very high charge damage, making me oneshot everything with it. I run ahead in battle, and go up front against the enemies, swiftly taking them out one by one. And though I can admit that if someone with an auto with puncture, I would be less efficent, but Snipetron? No, when there's 20 enemies around the battlefield, he can't spam-instagib them all, as I can when I run into the midst of battle.

Hek is a monster when the enemies have grouped up. Snipetron is a monster when the enemies are scattered around hidingplaces.

And from what I've seen in my 116 hours of gameplay, enemies group up a lot.

Signature.png

Edited by Labcat

Na, it's a monster regardless. Willing to test it any way you like.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic...

Okay, use a shotgun puncture modification, and a fullmodificatied Hek, and go through a infested mission, Grineer mission, Corpus mission, then do the same with a Snipetron(Obviously with Puncture as well, preferably the same puncture.), and tell me what you though went smoothest.

Signature.png

Edited by Labcat

I will when i get them.

Equally levelled guns no puncture mods, the Snipetron is easily on top. If you can headshot, obviously.

Snipetron is better for Grineer and Corpus

Hek better for Infested

Edited by Zakalwe

Range doesn't increase though. And when a Snipetron with no puncture can one shot everything if you hit it in the head anyway, you're going to be able to kill stuff before a Hek user can make it into the range required for that puncture mod to matter.

Edited by Zakalwe

Range doesn't increase though. And when a Snipetron with no puncutre can one shot everything if you hit it in the head anyway, you're going to be able to kills stuff before a Hek user can make it into the range required for that puncture mod to matter.

Not every tile is a bridge.

Bicker bicker bicker. This started off as a logical thread then devolved into a slapping contest. I don't even remember what I was originally going to respond to here but I'm pretty sure the whole shooting through allies is fine the way it is.

Not sure why you felt the need to make that comment, lab and I were having a perfeclty resonable (although I'll admit, off-topic) discussion. We have opinions that differ, that doesn't mean we're bickering.

I'd more than happily remain on topic if anyone else would contribute to the topic at hand...