Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raaaaaaaaid Bosses

SaintSoLo

Hello there WF community. I've been playing for I think a month now(?), and have just about gotten to the point where I've got everything I want. (Volt, Ash, Frost, Excalibur, Mag [A.K.A. Crush], Gorgon and a Hek all supercharged)

I still play because they aren't going to level themselves.. But without a goal to drive for, the game just gets repetitive.. But with the addition of Raid Bosses that drop amazing mods/rare blueprints/abundance of materials/etc. All of that will rectify itself.

Something like Grand Chase's Hero Dungeons would work nicely:

• Players can run the Hero Dungeon as many times as they wish (so long as they fail) but can only complete it twice. The clock resets at 12:00 AM PST.
  • The difficulty of the dungeon is scaled by the entire party's statistics; party's Attack clearly relates enemies' HP (Vitality)/party's Defense and Vitality might relate enemies' Attack.
  • Secondary weapons don't contribute to the total stat count, so going in without a main weapon but with a secondary weapon makes dungeons easier.
  • Players are required to be a certain minimal level in order to enter.
  • There are Time Zones on when the Hero Dungeon opens and closes (see below for more information).
  • Hero's Bullion Fragment can be obtained if the dungeon is not cleared (this does not mean if the player leaves, however). They can be used to gain Hero's Bullion, used to purchase items in the shop.
  • Hero's Bullion can be obtained if the dungeon is cleared or by combining the fragments. They can be used to purchase Hero Items.

Now, forgetting some of the Grand Chase specific terms, each time you run 1 Hero Dungeon, you have a chance to get 1 fragment whether you clear it or not, and 1 bullion by clearing it. 10 fragments = 1 bullion.

A part I didn't list about the opening and closing of Dungeons, is that there are set times that the dungeons open and close that are never changed, much like alerts, except very reliable. They open for 30 minutes at a time, and then close for 30 minutes.

And that's about it.. With this, you add a new gameplay type/new layer of difficulty and if you add some kind of ticket system to bypass the daily completion limit (for a small platinum fee ofc.) a new source of revenue. Upon completion you get some credits, tons of XP and 1 (bullion) thing for a seperate section of the market place. There you could put anything you wanted, though it would be a good idea to put Orokin R/C there at the very least, and remove them from the random chance, random drop, at rare rate alert system and daily reward system.

With adding a challenging, albeit time-consuming, yet somewhat reliable way to access these items, WITHOUT removing them from the platinum shop, I believe you'd see your platinum revenue increase as people will pay a mint for convience as long as they can actively make the choice to do so.

All of that.. and I really just want some raid bosses. Also survival mode game type.. And time attacks.. And nightmare modes of current maps.. And a dragon pet, but those are different threads altogether.

Edited by SaintSoLo

0.o

No.. I've never even played Warcraft a day in my life..

What I was saying, was that it could offer increased chances on the stuff you can already get on Ceres right now. Not every drop would be a Blue +99.7 Rifle Multishot mod.. but they wouldn't all be rank 30 +19.5 Loot Radars either (CURSE YOU LOOT RADAR).. Combined with mods, the mobs could drop stacks of 34-55 of rare resources like Rubeo/Alloy plate instead of the 16-28 in the other levels, but with the same drop rate.

Not anything different than the current system.. Mercury will give you crappier stuff in general than Eris, which would give crappier stuff in general than Hero Dungeon.lvl

Edited by SaintSoLo

I'm with Labcat on this one. Every game I've played with Raidbosses has ended up being a damn chore just to keep up with other people, and it makes me want to punch holes through kittens because when you introduce stuff that massively outperforms things you can get just from playing casually, elitism inevitiably occours.

Plus 4 man fights are a pretty big clustermess as it stands, I can't imagine having 8 of us in a single level working out so well. Swirling vortexes of Chaos as we flail about like undulating octopuses caught in lava for all eternity seems an apt description for it.

Friendship collection seems like a good goal to focus on. See how many wonderful wild freaky deaky people you can meet in game and keep in touch with and have fun with. Then you won't be worried about drops, You'll be telling awful jokes and hanging out with your buddies.. Let the Love in, cause boy does it feel good.

Edited by BramBlackmon

...I'm scratching my head here.. I never mentioned increasing the group amount or better items, or anything like that.

You guys seem to be associating the fact that I called it "raid bosses" or "raiding" with the systems of that from other MMOs you've played. The system I described, (or any system that was implemented really.. It's only a name) would not have to follow any conventions of those other systems.

For example, Borderlands 2 has some raid bosses. Everything about them stays the same with the rest of the game.. No better loot than what you would find on other mobs that level, no increased party size, or kitten punching of any sort. The only thing is that they drop specialized boss unique equipment and weapons EVERY time you kill them, and have a small chance to drop a legendary weapon of any kind, that are usually restricted to specific bosses.

That's it, nothing too crazy, and the best stuff are still better farmed from the regular bosses that drop them because of the easier difficulty and less randomness.

What I described above follows that same vain.. There is not "better" drops with the system I described, just an increased chance/amount on the good stuff that's already out there. Say I run an Earth "Hero Dungeon", and I get 3 drops of Rubedo, 1 drop of morphics, 5 mods (Lato Mod, Pistol Mod, Pistol Mod, Warframe Mod, Rifle Mod), and the 1 coin for the shop.

That's about 90-150 rubeo, 1 Morphic, The Lato mod was great, but I don't have one.. So I sell it. The pistol mods were +24% Critical and +24.5 Puncture, the Rifle Mod was +47% ammo max, and the Warframe mod was +23 Loot Radar.

Same stuff you can find from doing Outer Terminus..

Edited by SaintSoLo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_(gaming)

The definition of "Raid".

"Everything about them stays the same with the rest of the game.. No better loot than what you would find on other mobs that level, no increased party size, or kitten punching of any sort. The only thing is that they drop specialized boss unique equipment and weapons EVERY time you kill them, and have a small chance to drop a legendary weapon of any kind, that are usually restricted to specific bosses."

Wrong definition of "Raid"

...I'm scratching my head here.. I never mentioned increasing the group amount or better items, or anything like that.

You guys seem to be associating the fact that I called it "raid bosses" or "raiding" with the systems of that from other MMOs you've played. The system I described, (or any system that was implemented really.. It's only a name) would not have to follow any conventions of those other systems.

For example, Borderlands 2 has some raid bosses. Everything about them stays the same with the rest of the game.. No better loot than what you would find on other mobs that level, no increased party size, or kitten punching of any sort. The only thing is that they drop specialized boss unique equipment and weapons EVERY time you kill them, and have a small chance to drop a legendary weapon of any kind, that are usually restricted to specific bosses.

That's it, nothing too crazy, and the best stuff are still better farmed from the regular bosses that drop them because of the easier difficulty and less randomness.

What I described above follows that same vain.. There is not "better" drops with the system I described, just an increased chance/amount on the good stuff that's already out there. Say I run an Earth "Hero Dungeon", and I get 3 drops of Rubedo, 1 drop of morphics, 5 mods (Lato Mod, Pistol Mod, Pistol Mod, Warframe Mod, Rifle Mod), and the 1 coin for the shop.

That's about 90-150 rubeo, 1 Morphic, The Lato mod was great, but I don't have one.. So I sell it. The pistol mods were +24% Critical and +24.5 Puncture, the Rifle Mod was +47% ammo max, and the Warframe mod was +23 Loot Radar.

Same stuff you can find from doing Outer Terminus..

.........That's the system that's already in place. Bosses drop unique loot you can't get from just any old mob, and assasination missions drop way more mods and resources than the missions elsewhere on a planet. That's why everyone farms them.

.........That's the system that's already in place. Bosses drop unique loot you can't get from just any old mob, and assasination missions drop way more mods and resources than the missions elsewhere on a planet. That's why everyone farms them.

Well to be honest everybody farms defense mission because they usually have the most enemies. "Bosses" in Warframe are just bullet sponges you have to take down in order to build a new warframe. I do hope they change all of the bosses to be more like the Jackal.

Vindictus's raids were great except for the part wehre you had to wait half an hour for a full-enough party to start. Theyre good ideas in theory but altogether too cumbersome. I'd rather we just had more big bosses like the jackal, Monster Hunter style.

Game doesn't really need raid bosses or raid dungeons as a sort of end game content IMO.

However what I think it could really use are more involved bosses. Jackal currently to me feels like the only boss that isn't just a steriod pumped elite or heavy unit with 1 or 2 extra "tricks" added to it.

Also since someone mentioned borderlands 2 raid bosses. The way these work.

Limited engagement. You can only kill Seraph Guardians once a day. They drop seraph crystals which you turn in to a vendor for gear. The thing that makes them fun really are that each one of them has some kind of unusual mechanic to battling them.