Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Clan and Alliance Management Suggestions

(PSN)Hikuro-93

Hi. 

I've been thinking about how to improve some aspects of the Clan/Alliance quality of life but these suggestions are a bit diverse so I'll just list them. Since this year is mainly meant to improve on Clan's it'd be good to at least put them out here.

Clan

Decorator Resource Usage: A problem I've found as someone with Decorator privileges is that I can't use my own resources to fund stuff in the dojo and I'm restricted to use the clan vault (I can only donate if the clan vault has 0 of a given resource). It'd be great if we could choose where to take the resources from since I want to experiment with the new materials but I am in a relatively big clan and everyone pitches in, so I can't bring myself to spend other people's hard earned resources to experiment.

Resource Tracking: I know we can see the total of donated resources per player (which is already pretty good) but sometimes that's not enough. Let's say a moon clan throws a contest in which players can donate resources to a certain amount of the new decorations and the ones who donated most get rewards at the end and we can only see their total contributions. This change alone would allow more motivation for each member to contribute for their clan, as well as more opportunities for clan events and transparency.

Moving resources between rooms: I don't know if this is a bug or not, and it happens on the Orbiter as well, but when in decorator mode if I'm in a room (let's say Operator room or Clan Barracks room) and I pick a decoration to take to another room the door won't open. There is a way to bypass this, which is to leave the warframe standing near said door to keep it open. It's not much of a problem but I just wanted to report this finding.

Clan Sky Landscape: As most have noticed clan's have certain areas (roofs, observatory, ecc) in which we can peek into the landscape outside. Another thing worth mentioning is how our Orbiter changes the view based on which place of the Origin System it's located in. It'd be cool to choose some landscapes (or have them random, like the Orbiter ones) for the dojo's windows. Doesn't need to be for each window; I.e. if I pick a void landscape all windows would show the void, as if the clan was there. This is also good in regard of the clan customization. Let's say I have my Dojo in white/white or white/gold colors. The void landscape would be a great fitting. Same thing for blue themes if the landscape was for example Europa.

----

Alliance

In regards to the alliance my only thought  is about the member management, so I'll use the chat moderator position as an example for easier understanding. Currently, and if I understood correctly, the alliance chat moderators must have two conditions to become such entities; Firstly they must be moderators in their own clan's, and secondly that specific clan must be granted alliance moderation privileges.

Due to those requirements a clan may be allowed alliance moderator privileges, but if not every member is fit for that role (clan internal rules and promotion system may differ from the alliance's rules) the alliance risks having bad moderators. Here the solution is as simple as just not allowing that clan in whole despite it having good moderators in it and even if that clan could operate in a different timezone from other operators (which sometimes is pretty needed).

My idea for this is creating a separate list for alliance roles, in which the alliance leaders can promote a person and no just an entire clan, if they see fit. As for if the moderator's clan leaves the alliance? He/she looses the moderator privileges by leaving the alliance (obviously).

----

That's all from me, and I hope DE at least thinks about it and if it's beneficial to the clan improvements, since I know you listen and give a thought to every idea since the goal is to make the game better, both for you and us players. As for fellow Tenno who might reply to this thread I ask for some civility. These are my opinions on how to improve the clan system, based on my experience and other people's complaints, so I'd just like you to think about these before commenting:

• Does DE have the human resources/material resources/time/priority/technology to make these suggestions work? 
    • I don't know, same for you. DE knows if it's possible or no, or if it'll ever will. And even if it's not viable now it's still worth to keep these ideas for a time they can be applied.
  • Will the changes affect you in any way?
    • So I know some like the clan resources to not be tracked since this allows taking advantage of doubt to make claims that can be untrue, or that you can be removed as an alliance moderator because you're the only one of your clan there who jumps the kick gun too quick despite all others being good moderators. On the other hand, you don't use the tracking system? I.e. You only promote friends on your clan? Good that you don't need it, but it sure would be helpful for others despite not affecting you in any way. This is about transparency, and that will never harm honest players in any world or alternate dimension.
    • That said I ask you; If you are honest, or even if it doesn't affect you at all, why shouldn't it become a reality for those who would actually be grateful for it happening?
  • Are there other, harder and unnecessary solutions and roundabouts to these issues?
    • Sure there are, but does that make them correct? Most of these solutions are just encountered by players as a way get by but that doesn't mean Quality of Life can't come to happen as a solution to said problems. Sure I can melt clan decorations to add resources to the clan vault but why should I do that when a simple "use your own resources" button can be added? That way I can also avoid using a calculator to count my own resources mixed in the vault and I don't lose time waiting for the decorations to be finished.

In short, do you want a great game or not? If any of these suggestions are bad feel free to disagree, but don't be that toxic player who disagrees with everything just 'because', or because these changes are not meant for him specifically. Warframe has evolved a lot in these past 5 years and for such a small game then we have top content nowadays, and game modes that were added gradually. When I see Warframe's record, I see DE saying:

"Is it there? No? Would it be good? Then we'll make reality out of it!" - And thus raids, PoE, cinematic quests and a lot more came to be. Please don't be that old man who hates change, as change is the core of this game.

Thank you all, and keep making this game great, be it DE or players! :clem:

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx