Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Attack

HalcyonDeity

Question

I thought this would be a common enough question, but a forum search didn't yield anything, so sorry if it's been asked before.

Two questions about stealth / sneak attacks with melee weapons:

1) Are they considered a charge or normal attack? i.e. Do they use a weapon's base damage or charge damage, and do they benefit from pressure point or killing blow?

2) Can heavy weapons not perform stealth attacks? I never seem to get the prompt when using my Orthos.

5 answers to this question

1. It is all Charge damage. Which is stupid, in my opinion, because it makes a normal attack build worthless in this regard.

2. You were probably trying to stealth attack a stationary Grineer. They are currently bugged and you can only stealth attack them when they are moving.

1- Charge attack... moreless. They do the damage of the charge attack with the critical bonus, so are benefit by the killing blow only, any other elemental damage mod don't affect stealth attack.

2- Weird, they should work. Mine Scindo and Fragor work. Corpus machines don't have the prompt from what i remember.

Okay, so if I wanted to maximize stealth attack damage, I'd need a weapon with high charge and crit damage, and mod it with killing blow and the crit damage one (organ shatter I think?), right? Nothing else (such as elementals) matter?

You just want as MUCH damage as possible.

Do note that as the level of the enemies increase as you advance through the game there will come a  point where no matter how much charge damage you have, you won't be able to one-hit enemies with Stealth attacks.

Another sad reality of this game...