Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Buddy Stalker

yuujisakakibara

I don't see anybody speaks about stalker much lately and i kinda miss the time when it was fun with him.

This is just my opinions but stalker used to be scary when you were newbies and doesn't have tons of mods and high level weapons. But when you manage to get a rather decent mods, and if you are traveling with someone, killing him is just a matter of moving around and let your friends keep shooting him.

As of right now, his AI is just keep looking for the target and shoot, if you are using a rather tanky frames, i.e. Rhino or  Trinity with Blessing, it's just standing toe to toe with him and start throwing anything that deal high damages to him. So, now stalker looks more like school bullies that just come visiting to get some beating when you grow up.

So here's some of my suggestion about improving stalker, some are taken from another thread though:

1. Make him less tanky but more agile, so instead of having him standing and soaking bullets, it would be better if he is less tanky but keep avoiding player attack, like jumping arround and utilizing some rather bothersome movement like sliding and running in the wall, of course since he is an AI, he would keep shooting with rather nice accuracy. This would be rather bothersome for DE to develop due to the nature of gameplay area but it would be nice to see stalker act more like Tenno than Grineer in Tenno's suit.

2. Give him some friends, sometimes i think he is rather lonely. The easiest way to improve the stalker would be to increase his size to match the player squads number. So a group of four will face four stalkers, and each stalker will stalk just one player, and when the player is killed, the stalker that kill the player would gone, leaving the player to revive (if he has one) and help his friends. It also would be kind of interesting if stalkers has many frames each mirroring the player squad, so a squad of Nova, Exca, Saryn and Rhino would face the same stalkers, or maybe another random stalkers. It also would be interesting if they can use the Tenno's skills, minus the 4th skills which would outright kills the player.

3. Endgame stalker. As of right now, stalker is kind of, constant from my perspective. He doesn't get stronger while we progress. Isn't he a Tenno? Maybe some upgrade like he can use certain weapon mods and warframe mods would make him more of an adversaries for higher level players. Myabe, the DE can use player's equiped mods rating to determine how strong the player's frame so the stalker can come with better preparations? I mean, he is the "Stalker", shouldn't he would be, more like, you know, informed about the one he stalk?

TL;DR, stalker needs to grow up too.

Again this is just my suggestion and opinions, so no hate, and give more suggestion if you have one.

Yeah i have a pretty drastic suggestion. One that nobody is going to like.

Let real people play the stalker.

His main issue is the AI....so take that out of the equation. DE could simply set up a small room with maybe 10 computers, And let people on break or whatever just come in any time and start pwning people.

Want an even more controversial idea i've had? Aiight.

Let PLAYERS play the stalker. Once a player hits Rank 11, let him buy (with plat) a key or something that lets him play the stalker a few times per day, for a week or so. That would not only make a new End-Game target, but it would also make them more money, and make the stalker harder by leaps and bounds.

Let the hate flow. (no pun intended)

You ever fought him in nightmare?

No?

Thought so.

Haven't, but that's the problem.

A random boss fight, the flickering lights, the smoke/dark color palette, even the name. It all indicates that the Stalker should be scary. Very scary. But he fails to be that once you get decent gear, or if you're in a group. I'm more than willing to see the stalker, even in his "nightmare" incarnation, show up even on regular missions. 

And I'm more than excited and hoping for a buff to his AI or weaponry.

His main issue is the AI....so take that out of the equation. DE could simply set up a small room with maybe 10 computers, And let people on break or whatever just come in any time and start pwning people.

Let PLAYERS play the stalker. Once a player hits Rank 11, let him buy (with plat) a key or something that lets him play the stalker a few times per day, for a week or so. That would not only make a new End-Game target, but it would also make them more money, and make the stalker harder by leaps and bounds.

Dark souls time! Would definitely be fun. And he would come more often.

std frost

:o

Edited by WildJuice

PvP and Dark Souls.

Please no.

PvP and Dark Souls.

Please no.

I know nothing about Dark Souls, ive only seen a few minutes of gameplay.

It almost wouldn't be PvP. You'd never know the Stalker's player, and they wouldnt get any points or anything for it, but it would make him more challenging. And by making them hit rank 11 first, you would both be absolutely sure they werent in this just to screw over players, And you would be sure that they would be veterans of Warframe Combat.

Whats wrong with that?

I know nothing about Dark Souls, ive only seen a few minutes of gameplay.

It almost wouldn't be PvP. You'd never know the Stalker's player, and they wouldnt get any points or anything for it, but it would make him more challenging. And by making them hit rank 11 first, you would both be absolutely sure they werent in this just to screw over players, And you would be sure that they would be veterans of Warframe Combat.

Whats wrong with that?

Here's what's wrong with PvP and Dark Souls. In Dark souls, other players with vastly better gear join your game and slaughter you for the lulz. This would be Dark Souls 2.0, complete with game-quitting rage and general unhappiness...

Here's what's wrong with PvP and Dark Souls. In Dark souls, other players with vastly better gear join your game and slaughter you for the lulz. This would be Dark Souls 2.0, complete with game-quitting rage and general unhappiness...

And thats fine, because this is totally different, Mostly because of the Gear. Stalker has his own set of gear already, the only thing we don't know is how they are modded. It would be impossible for these players to customize the Stalker anyway, he would have everything preset. Im not talking about letting people come in as their own frames, with their own weapons or powers.

Plus, you know how many Rank 11 players there are right now? In almost 700 hours of play, Ive seen two. And yes, I do check.

Totally agree, and it would be more problematic IF you can't choose whenever or not player can ruin your game.

I think stalker's encounter condition is good as it is. Beside, having AI playing the stalker would allow him to do something

that player would hard to do, like some acrobatic movement or stalker specific parkour maybe?

Totally agree, and it would be more problematic IF you can't choose whenever or not player can ruin your game.

I think stalker's encounter condition is good as it is. Beside, having AI playing the stalker would allow him to do something

that player would hard to do, like some acrobatic movement or stalker specific parkour maybe?

You can't choose to opt out of being hit by the stalker now...Whats the difference?

And yes, it would allow to do the one thing that would truly set him apart from the rest of the game....Think.

I honestly cant think of a downside to this. People want the stalker to be something scary again....this would take care of it, without the fear of a stalker becoming too powerful and unbeatable.

You ever fought him in nightmare?

No?

Thought so.

If you let me spool up my Gorgon it takes about 3 seconds or 40 bullets before he's gone again. Friend of mine had his Lvl5-Dera brought with him and got the Stalker - just evade the first SlashDash, then lemme unleash the Gorgon. After 90 bullets of maxed out Split Chamber + 1m Puncture, there will be _nothing_ left alive. Not even the Stalker - well, maybe Phorid and Lech Kril (and the new Vor with his part-time invincibility) - maybe.

Stalker IS too hard for newbies who simply have no clue (and get SlashDashed) but too easy for anyone else (unless they have totally useless weapons).

Last time Stalker was attacking me (in my Lvl30 Mag) I pogo stick'd him to death (with my pogo stick aka Prova).

His AI is as crappy as any other enemy, run around in circles while clubbing them and they can't catch you (the only guys that are capable of doing so is the CQC-attack of the Grineer (Elite) Lancers.)

Edited by PrivateAli

Players playing as a stalker?No,I don't think something like that will ever happen,at least not in the near future.Since DE is very secretive about his information, I can only guess that they are planning something big for him,lore-wise....So,if they are going to make us play as the stalker in the future then they will have to make the appropriate lore for him.

And by lore for him I mean something that will influence the "Warframe universe" quite a bit.

I guess all we have to do is wait and see what DE will decide to do.

Edited by GeoDP

I agree with the Stalker being quite underpowered, when I first started the game, the Stalker stalked me after I had killed Vor and leveled up a bit. I was so afraid of this random guy who kept talking about revenge when my random squad mate started shooting at this random black mist with his Gorgon, a few minutes later, he disappears. What I thought at that time:was that meant to be scary? I was a rank 11 Loki who had just equipped his basic skills, and this level 30 Stalker died....scary much?

1 and 3 are okay but 2 is quite a terrible idea, 1 Stalker is enough, why add more? It's like the Phobos boss(es), 2 heads are better than 1? not really....

edit: in the Stalker's case anyway. 2 Tennos are better than 1 but 2 Stalkers are not better than 1

Edited by mhyr1104

ad 2.: NOPE. Stalker is Stalker. One... Corrupted? Evil? Tenno (?). and he is so mysterious, because he is only one. So no, no more Stalkers, please.

We dont really know if there is only one. What if Stalker is a blanket term for this class of warframe? Like how we are all refered to Tenno.

I had my thoughts on the stalker. Basically this whole game has a side point of the Grinner trying to snatch up tenno in cryo-stasis. What if they actually succeeded and were able to convert/brainwash the tenno into serving their purposes? This would explain why he comes out to avenge the deaths of bosses. Why would he believe they are the right side unless he shares a connection? So just like there being multiple tenno, there are multiple stalkers. That would also help explain why you get to fight so many of them, reguardless if he runs away or gets killed.

The stalker has his own gear, which increases in power based on the level of the mission.

This suggestion would not change that.

How, then, does this end up equating to the dark souls gear system?

We dont really know if there is only one. What if Stalker is a blanket term for this class of warframe? Like how we are all refered to Tenno.

I had my thoughts on the stalker. Basically this whole game has a side point of the Grinner trying to snatch up tenno in cryo-stasis. What if they actually succeeded and were able to convert/brainwash the tenno into serving their purposes? This would explain why he comes out to avenge the deaths of bosses. Why would he believe they are the right side unless he shares a connection? So just like there being multiple tenno, there are multiple stalkers. That would also help explain why you get to fight so many of them, reguardless if he runs away or gets killed.

And if you do any math at all, there HAS to be more than one stalker, Even if the lore says otherwise (which it doesnt). At any time there are Thousands, even hundreds of thousands of people playing warframe....If there was only one stalker, it would be statistically impossible to see him more than a couple times in your whole warframe play time. So just by that, Your reasoning is right on the money..err..Credits.

The stalker has his own gear, which increases in power based on the level of the mission.

This suggestion would not change that.

How, then, does this end up equating to the dark souls gear system?

Exactly my point. This is not going to make it some PvP issue, because other than advanced tactics, you would never be able to tell if it was the Stalker's AI, or a Human. No Trash Talking, no Trolling...

1. Log In

2. Select Stalker Key (or whatever)

3. See a list of frames and levels that are up to be stalked. (No names, just Frame name and Planet/Mission name)

4. Select Mission.

5. Hunt that Tenno. If they are killed, then the stalker vanishes like normal. If the stalker dies, He may or may not drop a BP like normal, then he goes away, also like normal.

6. Rinse, Repeat.

Now does anyone have any real problems with that, Seriously?

it could just be a popup a random player gets: "you can now play the stalker". then you say yes/no and if you say yes you spawn into whatever mission was selected, you target gets highlighted and you can do your best to kill him/her.

your own gear wouldnt even come into the equation.

2. Give him some friends, sometimes i think he is rather lonely. The easiest way to improve the stalker would be to increase his size to match the player squads number. So a group of four will face four stalkers, and each stalker will stalk just one player, and when the player is killed, the stalker that kill the player would gone, leaving the player to revive (if he has one) and help his friends. It also would be kind of interesting if stalkers has many frames each mirroring the player squad, so a squad of Nova, Exca, Saryn and Rhino would face the same stalkers, or maybe another random stalkers. It also would be interesting if they can use the Tenno's skills, minus the 4th skills which would outright kills the player.

3. Endgame stalker. As of right now, stalker is kind of, constant from my perspective. He doesn't get stronger while we progress. Isn't he a Tenno? Maybe some upgrade like he can use certain weapon mods and warframe mods would make him more of an adversaries for higher level players. Myabe, the DE can use player's equiped mods rating to determine how strong the player's frame so the stalker can come with better preparations? I mean, he is the "Stalker", shouldn't he would be, more like, you know, informed about the one he stalk?

TL;DR, stalker needs to grow up too.

Again this is just my suggestion and opinions, so no hate, and give more suggestion if you have one.

2. Give him some friends…

So a group of four will face four stalkers...

(Whats not to like?) Do this DE. =D

3. Endgame stalker.

Or group of stalkers the four horsemen of the apocalypse…

4. New weapons… Loot

Tormenters : Twin repeating crossbows firing poisoned bolts… 

Affliction:  Hikou/Hira-shuriken like throwing stars, with poison/acid damage…   

Horror: Ether Greatsword lifesteal properties

Edited by StabbyTentacles