Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher stuck at "Cheking for updates"

julionani

Since yesterday whenever I open the game the launcher stays in "Cheking for updates" for a few minutes then its moves to "Downloading updates... 11.4MB" and continues like that without doanloading anythig for another few minutes until it says "Update failed! The contents servers are temporarily unavailable. ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT. The update will restarted shortly" nothing happens the game closes and when I open it again this process just restarts

EDIT: I was finally able to download the patch using a VPN but that's not a permanent fix and it doesn't helps me if I gonna spend money to able to play a game I would like to spend it on the game itself (Currently using a free trial on a VPN)

EDIT2: I also tried switching my DNS servers and that seens to have worked, using google DNS

Edited by julionani

12 minutes ago, HuskyTheMilo said:

try disabling 64 bit mode in the launcher options, that fixed it for me but now the launcher closes randomly. (will at least let you update)

I have tried it already but it didn't solve the problem for me

I have the same problem here. The launcher stays at checking update for a long time, then starts downloading an update and finally  I get the "The content servers are temporarily unavailable. ERROR_INTERNET_TIMEOUT" message. DE, any solution?

Already unstalled and downloaded the game twice, problem persists. I tried to delete the folder instead of just removing the files through steam, no avail. I tried disabling the 64 bits version, still nothing.

The funny thing is that some of my friends are having no problems, but some are. I have no idea what´s causing this.

Edited by M4GNUM-_-INN0MIN4NDUM

21 minutes ago, LucasKXVD said:

Same thing here. I read this post:

Not sure if it's the same problem though.

I was playing the game withou a problem until before yesterday when this conection problem started, please DE fix your game

Same problem, slow update (<10kbps), then stuck checking. Did some search about this problem, those idiots in the reply section are like, "UAAHHH, GET BETTER INTERNET!!!~~", "it'S YOUR PROBLEM, blablabla", when it's clearly not our end ==. 

On 2018-06-22 at 10:33 AM, julionani said:

EDIT: I was finally able to download the patch using a VPN but that's not a permanent fix and it doesn't helps me if I gonna spend money to able to play a game I would like to spend it on the game itself (Currently using a free trial on a VPN)

could you tell us how you did that?

2 hours ago, LucasKXVD said:

I downloaded the 'nordvpn' and registered for a free-trial, logged in the nordvpn and select to conect to Canada, then I just started Steam and launched warframe without problem. After that I disconnected for the vpn and was able to play normally

2 hours ago, LucasKXVD said:

If you want you could also try and set the DNS on your router for the google public DNS, my friend did that and it seens to work too, you just need to go to your router configurations and look for the DNS setting and set the primary as : 8.8.8.8 and the secudary as: 8.8.4.4, save and restart the router

Edited by julionani

33 minutes ago, Aoire said:

Is there a way to know if DE is working on a fix?

I have sent them the issue already but no response and I have seen alot of people with the same problem or a similar problem but none of them said anything about DE responding either

I'm having the same issue, I tried unchecking and checking all the settings in the launcher, tried the optimize option and nothing, same goes for the verify one and  now the launcher is stuck verifying download cache.

Btw I tried the google DNS and  it didn't work, same for the VPN...

2 hours ago, Nutoru said:

I'm having the same issue, I tried unchecking and checking all the settings in the launcher, tried the optimize option and nothing, same goes for the verify one and  now the launcher is stuck verifying download cache.

Btw I tried the google DNS and  it didn't work, same for the VPN...

That's unfortunate to hear, but as I said those things aren't real fixes the problem still remains and the only one who can solve them is DE but I haven't seen any response from them on this matter yet, just hope that they fix this soon

3 hours ago, julionani said:

That's unfortunate to hear, but as I said those things aren't real fixes the problem still remains and the only one who can solve them is DE but I haven't seen any response from them on this matter yet, just hope that they fix this soon

Yeah, I already sent a Support Ticket and now I'm waiting for tomorrow to get a response from them while I leave the launcher open hoping that it can patch the game before they answer, I don't think it will, but still.

If/when I get a solution that works, I'll post it here.

You know what pisses me off the most about this situation?

That DE isn't saying anything. 

I would forgive them for the problem itself (no system is perfect after all), but for some reason they are remaining quiet. Do you know what message that sends to me? That for all the praise they receive for communicating with the players, when the chips are down and only a minority is affected by a bug... they don't care.