Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

excavations-spawn behavior

Babellon

After my enjoyable survival runs the other day I decided to go to kiliken venus and run excavations for cryotic. At first it seemed pretty smooth and power came qiuckly. after about 5 excavators however I noticed a change. 

-Mobs pathing into cutoff areas trying to navigate to me from long distances clustering together in large groups in corners, stuck on static area items (crates,trees,corners, under stairs)

-NO SPAWNS of power carriers for long periods of time. 

-Ambush tactics and luring- the mobs do not run to the excavator and instead seem to pause until I move far from the excavator then spawns directly on top of the excavator destroying it instantly ( on one excavator I defended it for 5 solid minutes without a power supply and eventually had to let it be destroyed) I want to note that the spawns trickled at me one at a time until I eventually went looking for them, found them trapped in a hallway and once destroyed I noted that excavator was also destroyed where previously I could not get mobs to spawn or come to it. 

-Spawning a massive group immediately after excavator destruction. 

-after 10th extractor erratic placement of future spawned excavators- a will be on one side of the map and b will spawn completely opposite end of the map. 

Excavations are fun, but not when the mobs stop and I'm forced to extract not because of level extremes but because its empty or because I cannot power the excavator.

Thanks for your time and entertainment.

Edited by Babellon

• 1 month later...