Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Option For "join-Only" In The Lobby

Pekku

Warframe's matchmaking system is a bit strange right now. You click on a mission, it scans for games and if it doesn't find any suitable ones right away, you go into host mode and wait for players or start the mission first. This would be fine except that a lot of players don't meet the requirements needed. 

Warframe needs about a 2mbit (or was that 1mbit? Correct me if I'm wrong) upload rate to host properly right now and my connection just isn't up to snuff. So I'll join games I say. And to do that is currently a very awkward process. I click on a mission, wait about 2 seconds and if I don't join any games I quickly hit ESC and repeat the process. Sometimes doing it for up to several minutes before I manage to get into any games or give up. A join-only option would save a lot of trouble here.

There's also the issue with people not caring at all if they can host and just play online mode and those who join them can't even do a single thing throughout the mission. I usually just abort, but very often I just pop into the same game again if attempt to queue for the same mission.

EXTREME MODE: Warframe tests your system and connection speed and if it determines that you are unfit to host, you cannot host public online games, only private and invite-only games.

Warframe really needs a "Please For the Love of Sweet Baby Jesus Do Not Let Me Host" button.

If every member of the lobby has this button clicked, then it just randomly picks a host.

There are a lot of complicated solutions to the laggy host problem, but this solution would be pretty simple.

I would love to see this in the game, especially if it was combined with something else that is along the same lines:

Letting someone else host the lobby and use their void keys BUT someone else hosts the actual mission.

It shouldn't be too difficult to do, and DE would only need to make it so that if the person who used the void key leaves it also kicks out everyone else (which wouldn't be that hard).

Too many of my friends are sitting on a pile of T3 void keys without the ability to use them.