Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cronus Sword, Worth Replacing Skana?

nginferno

Question

So I've just gotten a blueprint and decided to start forging the sword cuz I'm curious as it is not in the market. Are the stats worth it to eventually replace the skana?

Also I'm actually an f2p that just started today and with me being an addicted gamer I've gotten to lvl 12 skana by the time this post is made.

18 answers to this question

Take if you aren't planning to get anything but sword. If you want to switch to Dual Skanas or Furax, better get them.

Other option if you already know what you want and feel confident enough with Skana, then you can leave it as it is and fight for future weapon.

dual skana very powerful?

dual skana have different move set, and able to slash more than 1 target (about 3 max ? maybe ?) dmg and rate are the same tho

even if Cronus and Skana have same charge dmg, Cronus have higher base dmg and rate, besides, it's quite cheap, and the materials are easy to get, so it would be wise to craft the Cronus however, i think.

Edited by Adagio

Versatile is relative, all of the melee weapons have particular strengths and fit different playstyles. For instance my Ember build is using melee damage mods and a heat sword, making it a wonderful infestation blender. Alternatively, against Grineer i prefer my plasma sword because I can generally take out any of them with a charge attack. It's base charge attack damage is higher making all charge attack damage bonuses that much more powerful and I've stacked charge speed and charge damage mods. Some prefer blunt weapons like Furax and Fragor to handle just about everything and they too have their particular strengths.

Just bear in mind that you'll have to score some rare blueprints from alerts, but thats why it's late game. Hopefully at some point you'll run across the blueprints you're after!

to answer OP

yes the cronus is better than the skana in almost every single stat

i did NOT think the cronus looked as cool as the skana however, but that's just my opinion

after the cronus there are many more different options for melee weapons that are not so black/white in being better/worse, but they are more a matter of taste/playstyle like furax/bo/fragor/scindo/duals/daggers/etc