The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS drops when playing squads

-Bega-

So I have a i5 760 2.8 GHz,AMD Radeon rx 560 4GB,8 gb ram,Warframe usually has about 150-160 fps when in the orbiter and in missions but lately when I play public and a squad joins or I join a squad my fps is 30-40,not all the time but most of if,sometimes in rooms gets to 60 but gets down to 30 fast.When i play solo i dont have this problem.I update my drivers and the game,verify and optimize game from the launcher.Most of the settings are turned up,gpu particles are off and particles are medium,everything else is high.I have been playing the game for 2 years and i stopped and came back and this is killing my experience.Please help and tell me that I am not the only one with this problem.

You aren't the only one. There's a few other threads about it.

If you read through that thread, DE Support identified the cause. There isn't much we can do till it's fixed it seems.

The error seems to be related to the enemies. There's more enemies in squads, thus lower FPS.

+1, i am having the exact same issue

Running in squads seems to really affect the stutter badly, perhaps because more enemies spawn. The fps (enabled from the options menu) on the bottom left says somewhere between 40 and 60 fps, but the game has so much stutter it is barely playable.

Even when using pretty much potato graphics, the issue still remains. My GPU is at 20% usage, and my CPU is at 34% usage.

My hardware:

CPU: 2600K@4GHz (hyperthreading enabled)
Graphics: MSI GTX1070 (with the latest driver, version  398.36, or listed in Windows as 24.21.13.9836)
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 (CAS latency 10)
Disk: Samsung 850 Evo SSD 

Edited by Koekiewollie
Added ram speed and OS