Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glast Gambit is an awful quest, but it doesn't have to be.

0x22b

Doing 3 minute rounds of an extremely easy version of the Index 16 times isn't fun and it ruined what honestly could have been an amazing quest.

My suggestion is simple: Each time you challenge Nef, you have to only beat one round. Just like the real Index.

That's all. Suddenly the quest is good! You only have to deal with 15 minutes of the index instead of 48 minutes of the index. You could even get rid of the 3 minute time limit and turn it into a semi-real Index match where you have to score a certain amount of points to win.

It was easily my worst experience with the game though, which is why I'm suggesting this. It could have been a really good quest if it didn't make you do so many rounds. 

Bah, i actually had a ton of fun shredding those poor ****** into pieces when i did that at day one. Don't really see the problem, fun is subjective, if that wasn't funny for you, doesn't mean that it has to change.

The only "boring" thing might be the fact that, as you said, for a player that hasn't mindlessly rushed the content, it's extremely easy and not challenging. But on the other hand, nothing is challenging in this game once you understand how to break it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what it is about Ergo Glast that has the most annoying parts of the game to me attached to him. The Glast Gambit brought about my first major break from Warframe, due to how repetitive and high risk for my level it was. It wasn't hard in the slightest, but really killed my hype on the game. And the worst part was you don't even get the parts from this drawn out questline. May we please get a Nidus part for each phase completed so that the credits I spent weren't to play a boring mission? Or don't actually use my own credits? This would make it a lot less frustrating in the long run. I completed this a while ago and have absolutely no interest in playing it, or anything like it ever again.

Honestly the worst part of the quest is the fact that DE introduced an awesome concept with the Mikonians, the Corpus outsiders living simbiotically with the Infestation, and did nothing with them... the initial quest with the outpost defense, the civilians awe at seeing a warframe in the flesh and so on was good, the repetitive grind of the index and the rigged matches that could cost you a lot of credits were crap... some of the ideas were good but the Index had too many interations and the Mikonians were sidelined too fast, a couple more missions interacting with them would have been good, like amonile defense and an hive mission to pacify the area were they dwelled, after the loss of their secret.

Khela de thaim arenas with her bosses were much more fun comparatively

I as well have a criticism about the quest resolution.

Spoiler

So according to the lore it's considered a great honor to bear the thing that keeps them safe. But this proves fatal. They're essentially passing a disease along, which is understandable. A vaccination that unfortunately proves fatal.

But neither solution makes sense when you consider what has been offered.

She passes the blood sample on, infects another kid, and then we cure her. We give them the ability to keep on passing it on and cure the disease after it's been passed on. Now it's still a 'burden', but it's not a fatal one, and their culture remains safe while we safeguard kids.

As it is the three choices make no goddamn sense. Cure her means we think we know better than others, send her back ignores her opinion, and asking her opinion means she's basically already been indoctrinated.

If we could offer them this cure, after she passes it on? Everybody wins. There is no given reason as for why this isn't feasible, so why isn't it an option?