The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Crashing

EbsterGlace

A few months ago I started to experience crashing in Warframe it was never really constant enough to be a problem but frequent enough for me to quit. Now with the new umbra update i came back thinking most of my problems would be fix, I was wrong. There are 2 kind of crashes i get and a few variations depending on what "Fix" I do and yes I painstakingly reported every one I could to the Devs, the first crash is repeatable in one case but also random. The repeatable part of this crash is the new umbra mission, When i enter the little floating ball in the new ship area, ether as soon as it touch it or withing a few second of being in the umbra mission my game shows me a solid color, mostly pink then minimize and sticking that way. A variation of this crash happens if you are in full screen the like 1-10 times it nearly freezes my computer making it stutter till you pull up the task manager, hit close program the fully locks my PC. another crash i fixed was a general game drivers crashing however the fix made the aforementioned minimize crash happen more, I solved the driver crashing glitch bu reinstalling my drivers (Nvidia drivers) and removing all the express content.

My computer specs (Lazy edition)

980ti

16Gb Ram

Installed on SSD and HD (at different times)

OS windows 8.1 (to stubborn to update to 10 because of older 980ti compatibility issues :p)

I can give you the rest if it helps

Some of the random fixes I've tested

Verifying game cache

reinstall game

install non steam version

disable overlay for G force experience

uninstalled all non important parts of G force

reinstalled GPU drivers

removed Razer Synapse

Turned off Direct X 10/11 (separate and together)

Turned off Multi-thread rendering

Turned off 64-Bit mode

running Warframe as only program

removing second monitor

running Warframe in nearly every non native resolution

Lowest settings test

turning off every setting individually and repeating the minimize crash (all crashed)

At this point i just assumed my computer was broken but nothing else is giving me problems and to be frank I'm not going to buy a new rig for this game. If anyone else has something to add that i can try feel free cuz im stumped.