The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Alternative Design

Djula

Truthfully the model itself looks more "organic" in its design to me than medival. Retexture that with something that looks less like molded steel and more like bone and that could very easily pass as a spike torn off of some huge creature and carved into a sword-like weapon. The number of features that can be used to create a sword's shape are finite before it is no longer a sword. In other words, just about any sword design you can see or think of, has already been done elsewhere. Skyrim, NWN, Darksiders, take your pick. You are going to see similarities in shapes for ANY weapons of similar types.

Creating a unique and interesting sword model will have to be done by texture/skin and special effects, not by pointing out that you've seen something that almost-maybe-remotely-reminds-you-of-a-weapon that you saw in a bad sequel to a game that wants to be as good as its predecessor, Morrowind.

Edited by Malikon

That is a pretty weapon, im not usually a fan of bulky swords but it kind of caught my eye. If i may suggest something; Lengthen it out a bit (looks a little stubby for a greatsword), and extend one plasma edge to match the length of other, have a "V" in the center of the blade's tip where the wiring meets the plasma chambers and move the orokin chamber into the center of the weapon's blade.

In my mind that would make the weapon seem a lot.. I dunno.. cleaner? Just thinking out loud.

Edited by Malikon

Hmm... for my opinion i like that it doesn't have the same lenght ^^ thats just what makes it a bit more special i think but the lenght of the sword at all is hard to make because we cant rly look how it would be for the Warframes (if we could see it then we could say longer or shorter ^^) but also if she would make the "V" then the chamber would rly fit more in the middle ^^ the Dev's could do that hehe.

Greetings Fata.

Your designs are pretty nice! :D

I agree that the Gram should probably look different from the plasma sword in some way.

xmnrqq6.jpg

rdSk3Ft.jpg

I was bored so I decided to make my own concept, it's not much but it's 4am, so I'm not all here right now, heh :D

Edit: Added slightly refined version

Edit2: Put old one in spoiler, added another

Edited by Sherbniz

It looks nice at all... but for my opinion it doesn't fit into the game as Greatsword, just like u said its more dagger than longsword like ^^ as dagger it would be nice but as Greatsword it wouldn't really fit because of the shape and the blade or better said blades are to small i think but as dagger or dual dagger it would be pretty nice ^^

Pretty much like the design would be awesome as Sword and Dagger (like the dual heat-swords) but still i dont like it that much as a Greatsword... looks too... hmm elegant and small but would rly be very nice as Sword and Dagger :P

Edited by Fatalityyy

Pretty much like the design would be awesome as Sword and Dagger (like the dual heat-swords) but still i dont like it that much as a Greatsword... looks too... hmm elegant and small but would rly be very nice as Sword and Dagger :P

Hmm, I guess you are right. I'll probably have to make it look longer/beefier and a bit more powerful to get that true heavy-weapon feel. :)

More like how Scindo and Fragor look!

Wouldn't mind seeing a shiny weapon like this in the game, they could maybe be called Phasic Sword / Phasic Dagger or something. :D

Edited by Sherbniz

Well, what a point of saying or explaining anything if my words goes to deaf ears?

I'd rather just say if it off or withing warframe lore and hope anyone atleast think - why.

Glowing &#! weapons doesn't fit warframe because Plasma sword, along with Furax and Fragor, can explain it, while on any concept in this thread it's - LOOK AT ALL THAT RAVE S#&$! LOOK!

From a technical part - ALL those concepts are grotesque. Putting dozen of the same things and not thinking about what is wrong with it, won't move thread in right direction.

Phasic (phalic) weaponry is concept of tron-like games. Warframe is gloomy, dark and overall organic look game. Plasma appears once (gram still a plasma atm) and it's self explainatory.

Edited by Juuza

Its not that organic... the only organic thing i can see are the Infested... and if there will be again the Boltor thing i dont see any organic thing on it... ITS METAL so where is that organic!? o.o

It would be organic if its more like... Nano-Technology or if the "spikes, claws or whatever you will call it" would move like a creepy hand or something like that.

Edited by Fatalityyy