Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Alternative Design

Djula

The last thing I want is for warframe's weapons to start looking like stupid over the top anime crap. Leave the 100 pound buster swords to the spikey haired RPG heroes.

If I wanted a big killy beam sword, I'd want something simple and functional looking. Like the current gram. Or like this.

2wgf4v4.png

Please... Pleeeeeeeeeeease NEVER! Doesn't even Fit a bit in my Opinion.

Edited by Fatalityyy

• 1 month later...

i'm afraid all of these look too anime inspired for me to ever use them. the proportions are really obscure. 

but i can't draw with a crap, so. 

personally, i want a futuristic greatsword looking skin. i like Gram as is, it looks silly. but i still want a future greatsword. 

something that has overly sharp edges to go with the cleaving power Gram has, with some technology to fit the lore, etc. 

Please... Pleeeeeeeeeeease NEVER! Doesn't even Fit a bit in my Opinion.

Ditto. Those look like Star Wars knock-offs

Djula I like the 2nd design of yours for a different Gram look. Similar enough to the original and space-y enough for Warframe.

Just so long as they're not short and fat. It's a sword, not a mace/axe.

Honestly I don't think you have an understanding of carrying a theme.

The second seems to fit somewhat okay but the others look all like they are from fantasy MMOs or a shounen anime.

If you want to recreate a concept you have to follow the existing ideas of said concept, such as the fact that the existing gram has a more refined technological design to it. Even if it is the same model as an existing sword there is a reason it has that model and you have to pay its dues respectively. 

You seem to add various spikes and unnecessary glowing parts to it as well as the fact that the gram is faster than most heavy weapons so giving it a thick blade contradicts that idea.

Please dont take this as an insult, critiques are vital for when someone want to improve their craft so I am merely trying to help you out

At any case I wanted to take a jab at recreating the gram too. :)

VD1U3sC.png

Honestly I don't think you have an understanding of carrying a theme.

The second seems to fit somewhat okay but the others look all like they are from fantasy MMOs or a shounen anime.

If you want to recreate a concept you have to follow the existing ideas of said concept, such as the fact that the existing gram has a more refined technological design to it. Even if it is the same model as an existing sword there is a reason it has that model and you have to pay its dues respectively. 

You seem to add various spikes and unnecessary glowing parts to it as well as the fact that the gram is faster than most heavy weapons so giving it a thick blade contradicts that idea.

Please dont take this as an insult, critiques are vital for when someone want to improve their craft so I am merely trying to help you out

At any case I wanted to take a jab at recreating the gram too. :)

VD1U3sC.png

That looks pretty neat, but it contradicts the purpose of having the laser thing on the front side of the blade in the original design, which I feel is essential for the gram. And I think you should have your own thread for this.

Edited by DesuEx

That looks pretty neat, but it contradicts the purpose of having the laser thing on the front side of the blade in the original design, which I feel is essential for the gram. And I think you should have your own thread for this.

well i was thinking in terms of one side for physical slash and other side for plasma slash, i know it wouldnt effect how it works in game but i just thought it can be cool as an idea, it still follows all the elements presented in the original gram

also i dont think i need a thread, i doubt anyone would show much interest, i just saw people posting what kind of grams they want so i thought i'd join in, im not planning on hi jacking the thread from OP or anything either; just wanted to throw in my 2 cents

• 2 months later...