Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Alternative Design

Djula

Well, what a point of saying or explaining anything if my words goes to deaf ears?

I'd rather just say if it off or withing warframe lore and hope anyone atleast think - why.

Lore does not equal aesthetic.

What you are talking about, is the general art direction of Warframe.

If you mean to tell me that this design would not work because it is not plausible: Nanobots.

I rest my case. ;)

Glowing &#! weapons doesn't fit warframe because Plasma sword, along with Furax and Fragor, can explain it, while on any concept in this thread it's - LOOK AT ALL THAT RAVE S#&$! LOOK!

From a technical part - ALL those concepts are grotesque. Putting dozen of the same things and not thinking about what is wrong with it, won't move thread in right direction.

Phasic (phalic) weaponry is concept of tron-like games. Warframe is gloomy, dark and overall organic look game. Plasma appears once (gram still a plasma atm) and it's self explainatory.

Woah man, step down a notch.

I never said I made a great suggestion, I just tried myself at a mix of ceramic and plasma weapons.

For a long weapon, I should have probably sticked to the Fragor/Scindo style.

But imagine the shining lines to be very slim, and possibly darker than I illustrated it, looking like there is something powerful glowing beneath the cracks of this weapon.

Ehhh, no. Any glowing can't be explained from technical part. Althought, if you'd make more rough design and put "punch" cores on sides (like on fragor) and overall design would be either - Organic flow or curved in "lotus", then it might work.

Ok, giving a credits to you, you are actually trying unlike others, Sherbniz. Let me explain it:

Organic look - weapon look alive by adding to it flow of nature. Handles look like a muscles with a proper curve, spikes look like barbers and blade (!) should look like something natural too - chronus look like lion fish's fins, skana look like a mix up with a claw.

Technical weapons - Fragor, Furax and Plasma have logic in it's design.

Fragor - "punch" core on edges and at it base, which explain it's power + coils, which ones is used to transfer energy to core, i guess.

Furax - spikes that generates devastating field around fist. Each spike have a glowing part. Same as Fragor - it's round glowing cores.

Plasma Sword - it have straight blades because it's a flow of energy, you can't make energy to go whatever you want direction and make it to the other side of blade. Plasma have wires, which is self explainatory. Each wire end with a small head, which i believe generates it's blade. The handle of the sword fit warframe design with it organic look.

Lotus - All axes in warframe got same curves as Lotus logo.

You should give up of all those fantasy looking weapons. They won't fit in. If you want to make technical weapon, why don't you make a straight blade with punch core at the tip with output on sides, power will be generated on swing and put extra speed into slash, or place Furax spikes on its gard so it will be like generation of the field which spread through blade on hit.

Edited by Juuza

Not really. It looks organic and alien, just like the warframes themselves. It fits the art style just fine. Swords that look like they're straight of of Final Fantasy do not.

OMG the last post on the page and you said what I was going to say exactly!!!! XD

Fuckin Plasma Buster Sword

gtfo lol

On another note I thought we would have alot of cheerleaders for our new purple spatula that came out, but I guess not.

To each their own. I think it loks fine, but I can also agree that it wouldn't hurt to somehow make it more unique and diff from the plasma sword then just changing the color of the energy.

Maybe they will someday who cares =)

Ehhh, no. Any glowing can't be explained from technical part. Althought, if you'd make more rough design and put "punch" cores on sides (like on fragor) and overall design would be either - Organic flow or curved in "lotus", then it might work.

I think you are looking too far into this. :)

It is preferable, and generally more interesting design when the function of an object can be determined by it's looks, but I dare say that Warframe is an overall rather stylized game that does not focus too much on "how" something works, but rather how amazing it should be. While there is plenty weapons that look like they "could work", many weapons are stylized beyond function and tailored towards amazing looks.

How do you explain the crackling electric bolts or flames created from elemental mods?

Where does the Bolto reload? How does one explain the shiny parts on the Dark Dagger, or the orange line on the Jaw Sword?

I quote Clarke's Third Law:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

But back on the topic of Gram redesigns, I really enjoy the creative flow of this thread!

However I should go to bed, its reeeally late. x)

I will return tomorrow to maybe draw some more concepts!

Edited by Sherbniz

I think you are looking too far into this. :)

It is preferable, and generally more interesting design when the function of an object can be determined by it's looks, but I dare say that Warframe is an overall rather stylized game that does not focus too much on "how" something works, but rather how amazing it should be. While there is plenty weapons that look like they "could work", many weapons are stylized beyond function and tailored towards amazing looks.

How do you explain the crackling electric bolts or flames created from elemental mods?

Where does the Bolto reload? How does one explain the shiny parts on the Dark Dagger, or the orange line on the Jaw Sword?

I quote Clarke's Third Law:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

But back on the topic of Gram redesigns, I really enjoy the creative flow of this thread!

However I should go to bed, its reeeally late. x)

I will return tomorrow to maybe draw some more concepts!

thx Sherbniz : DDD

gn8 :3

Shine inside is fine because it's not trying to Phaser\Plasma weapon. It's just a design tweak. They need something for bloom effect, isn't it?

One thing is when you finish your weapon with neon like glow, the other when you put it on the edge, where it probably will get malfunctioned after couple hits. Glowing edges without technical explanation is off the warframe current design. Question - why they didn't make heat dagger edge searing hot? Simple, it's off current game design. They could make just an iron lump with a searing edge, instead they made a glowing hot dagger.

You have great number of weapons to think of a good design. Use what game already have and try make something in same flow.

Edited by Juuza

Just look at the rest of that dA... It's self explainatory...

None of the design fit game. It's not just "Ur opinun woololololo".

I ain't comming to that thread anymore, i am tired of absolutely ignorance.

I just hope developers agree those designs are far off warframe universe.

Just look at the rest of that dA... It's self explainatory...

None of the design fit game. It's not just "Ur opinun woololololo".

I ain't comming to that thread anymore, i am tired of absolutely ignorance.

I just hope developers agree those designs are far off warframe universe.

looks like S#&$. a blade that wide would be useless.

"I quote Clarke's Third Law:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

one problem with that, clarke is overrated and doesn't seem to understand what the word magic means.

also, what's with bad artists signing their work?

woh, rly mad :3

i have ideas.. and u? :3

Edited by Djula

Alright you lot, turn down your flamers a bit. Let's get back on topic.

Speaking as a watcher of anime, I agree that these conceptual designs shouldn't "push the limit" as it were. I actually like the look of Gram as it is now. Sure, it's just an oversized plasma sword with a different color, but it fits the art style of the game. If it must be redesigned, take some hints from the scindor and fragor. They're massive weapons, but their designs (more or less) fit the sleek aesthetic of the game.

looks like S#&$. a blade that wide would be useless.

"I quote Clarke's Third Law:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

one problem with that, clarke is overrated and doesn't seem to understand what the word magic means.

also, what's with bad artists signing their work?

ya... just copying Sherbniz (who posted that quote before) *sarcasm on* your post is rly helpful dude pls more help and tips *sarcasm off* if you guys would give tips instead of flaming and hating like a bunch of .... then she could make it better but no u are just flaming around just be quiet if u have no idea or dont want to help.

btw. bad artists signing their work... ya right dude because u are the best and only who could sign an artwork.

Edited by Fatalityyy

if you guys would give tips instead of flaming and hating like a bunch of -blind *fanboys*- then she could make it better but no u are just flaming around just be quiet.

Fixed for ya. ;)

But seriously, I do like the way Gram looks as of now. But then, I wouldn't mind to see something different, not just resized Plasma Sword.

And second Djula's sword doesn't looks all that bad. Imho, it's quite fine, but can use some more work to make it more aestetically fit to Warframe.

Fixed for ya. ;)

But seriously, I do like the way Gram looks as of now. But then, I wouldn't mind to see something different, not just resized Plasma Sword.

And second Djula's sword doesn't looks all that bad. Imho, it's quite fine, but can use some more work to make it more aestetically fit to Warframe.

yay :3 thx

this r just ideas and i havent a perfect programm to make 1271983618736-D pictures :3

just scribbling :3 ma hobby

I'm all about changing the design of the Gram. I've been using it quite a bit since it was released and I find the design really boring, especially in comparison to other designs like the Cronus and all of the daggers especially. There's just a certain Tenno flare that's severely lacking. However, I've been looking at the concept designs people've been posting in this thread and I don't find them to "fit" the universe very well.

I'm hoping the Gram gets a face lift, and that they might turn down the volume on its horrible, constant energy pulsing noise. But for the time being, I think we should leave the designing up the designers, before this thread turns into an art critique instead of game feedback.