Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation and Endless Fissures

These two mission types/categories have some problems that arise from the fact that you are reliant on RNG to drop certain items from enemies in order to progress the mission. There have been many times when I have been playing an excavation mission, and been standing at the excavator killing enemy after enemy, but it's been out of power for over two minutes because the game simply refuses to spawn the enemies that carry power cells. But then other times you'll turn around and there are 5 of them standing in a row. I don't think simply increasing the spawn rates of power carriers is exactly the right solution. More like the game needs a better system of determining when and where to spawn them.

Endless fissure missions have a similar problem, but worse. Unlike a typical exterminate or capture or sabotage, endless fissures have a small window before the next reward drop in which you must obtain 10 reactant, or you don't get to open your relic. Now for survival, that's not so hard. Enemies spawn frequently enough that the drop rate is no issue. Excavations though? If the game actually spawns power carriers at a good rate, you can easily finish two excavations before collecting 10 reactant. Of course I can simply not put any power cells in until I have the reactant I need, but 1) that's a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place. and 2) excavation missions are unique in that delaying the objective actually makes it harder. I know going 20 or 30 minutes deep into an excavation is trivial for people who've been playing for years, but I'm still trying to level up and that stuff gets real old real quick. And interception? The balancing act I have to perform between capturing the towers enough to stay in the lead, but not so much that I decode the message too soon, while also making sure to run around and kill enough enemies to get 10 reactant to drop is ridiculous. Yes, I know, maybe this is more of a problem for me since I usually prefer to play solo or only with a friend. But I don't think it should be a problem regardless. The solution here seems pretty simple; the drop rate for reactant should be increased at least in endless fissures, if not in general for simplicity's sake.

And excavation fissures in particular seem to have a bug where, sometimes after opening a relic and mining 200 cryotic, extraction simply does not appear. I literally have no way to leave the mission other than aborting, even though I've already completed the objective. I can't say for certain, but if I had to guess I would say this could be due to never letting an extractor get to 100% completion (due to not being able to keep them alive because of problems previously stated).

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk

On 2018-07-07 at 11:15 AM, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

And interception? The balancing act I have to perform between capturing the towers enough to stay in the lead, but not so much that I decode the message too soon, while also making sure to run around and kill enough enemies to get 10 reactant to drop is ridiculous. Yes, I know, maybe this is more of a problem for me since I usually prefer to play solo

Even with 4 is annoying.

Everything is working as good as it needed, u basically ask "make it easier".

В 07.07.2018 в 19:15, (PS4)sister-hawk сказал:

I know going 20 or 30 minutes deep into an excavation is trivial for people who've been playing for years, but I'm still trying to level up and that stuff gets real old real quick.

This part is extreamly funny.
What wrong with this?
People with better gear and exp do things better. And? it's problem because what?

Your post exist only because of lack of skills, teammeates, gear and expirience. So do something about it. Do not ask DE do something for ya.
There is 0 problems with reactant now, there is 0 problems with battaries. 

3k cryotic and 15 opened relics take around 60-70 minutes. Its much faster than defend or surv mission can ever be. Same for interception. Yesterday i stayed 26 rounds un Uranus. For 1h 54m. 26 opened relics. And before u ask. We didn't use CC Banshee. Just 4 random frames.

I don't know about what u complaining. To me OP post is BS. 

If u playing solo in coop modes. That still on you. 
Some people don't realize what "solo mode" is a option. Not balancing point.

Edited by iKhaan

• 3 weeks later...

I just had to abandon an Excavation Fissure and lose both my relic rewards and drops from a syndicate assassination squad that I downed. I collected 200/200 cryotic simply by virtue of activating the extractors and letting them get destroyed, but I had the same issues as the OP: no extraction offered and no power-carriers spawning. I must have defended that first excavator for 5 minutes without a single power-carrier spawn. Very frustrating.

I solo a LOT because I'm a dad with limited play time; some of my times online are spent at times I could literally have to get up at any minute, so I tend not to PuG or group at all unless I'm with friends.  I'm sympathetic to the issues endless missions can have when running solo. That being said...

In Excavation you can determine whether or not you proceed over the limit for gathering 10 reactant either by not carrying power cores or by not activating excavators - if you don't have 10 reactant stop carrying or activating until you have 10 and your problem is solved.  That works while soloing and if you have a group it also works there if you are able to communicate enough to coordinate.

As to the spawn issue...that I will agree there is something funky about.  Most of the time when I run out of power carrier spawns I find they are all trapped somewhere halfway across the mission map from where I am.  Once I find and start killing them, like the next two or three fissures spawn right on top of my current excavator so that I'm lucky if I get back in time to stop the excavator from being destroyed.  I've run into that occasionally even in groups. Had one 4-man that it took us five minutes to find them...after that the excavator got swamped with spawns and then it reverted to normal for a while.