Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A "pre-Searing" Place In Warframe To Attract Newbies!

Hayden11121

A better tutorial sequence is needed. The game left many mechanics unexplained at the beginning and proceed to thrust player into missions.

DE should add an area solely for new players where they are introduced to other elements of the game. Mod system, mission type, panel hacking, parkour, melee normal/charge attack. The current iteration of tutorial is just a graphical update of the old matrix room. A simple mission where Lotus tell you to fight the Grineer, recover the datamass/cipher, and hijack a space craft to get out of the base. Grating access to basic mods like damage and AP for rifle/pistol to new player in the process.

I don't know why they haven't done it yet. Probably because they have something under their sleeves to be added later.

Another issue that has been derailing the topic is solo vs coop gameplay.

- Ideally, both should be equally doable but, personally, I think solo should be about harder since you're a lone space ninja braving a ship filled with hostiles. Things will go hairy quickly and fast unless you know what you're doing. To be honest, solo lv 50-60 map with no redirection/no vitality is lots of fun for me.

- In term of reward, I think solo player should be eligible for better credit reward than coop. It's similar to accept a contract and do it alone and you don't have to split the share with anyone. So more credit for solo play. Mods is another matter entirely, I think that if you can perform a job worthy of a 4-man team with a single person then you should be equally reward. Kill more, get more.

Why are people so against soloing the game? Or even having other people solo it? I agree, there needs to be a place for new players to learn the basics. 4 of my friends started out playing this game. I am the only one who still does (mainly because I'm used to grinding in games like world of tanks) and the main reasons they don't play anymore are what you listed. they don't like being carried (why would you even play at that point) and they don't like dying repeatedly in low levels because they didn't learn how to play from the tutorial (which isn't any better than the last one).

Because....

"OMG ITS A CO OP GAME OMG OMG OMG OMG YOU CAN'T SOLO THIS OMG! THE GAME WOULD BE BROKEN!!!"

I hate that mentality too.

1). There's a SOLO button. It should actually make the game more solo-able.

2). Sometimes there aren't any groups already at a node you need to do, FORCING you to either solo or not do the mission at all.

3). Sometimes your friends just aren't online for whatever reason.

And they never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever have an actual counterpoint for this, they always shut up as soon as you remind them of this, and ask them "What now? Are you supposed to not play at all?" .....they NEVER respond with anything good whatsoever.

That's the easiest way to win that argument I've found. Because THERE IS NO ANSWER, because the whole "IT IS A COOP GAME!" is a flawed argument, and one I'm really tired of hearing.

What's this nonsense about being able to solo missions?

I probably wouldn't solo a defense mission past wave 15, but I solo all the time & find it enjoyable.  The game is designed to be co-op, so it's not going to hold your hand & coddle you if you decide to solo.  If you choose to go it alone, you need to bring with you the badassitude of a squad full of Tenno.

So if you must solo, either solo the missions that fit your skill/equipment level, or raise your skill/equipment level to fit the more challenging missions.

That's the easiest way to win that argument I've found. Because THERE IS NO ANSWER, because the whole "IT IS A COOP GAME!" is a flawed argument, and one I'm really tired of hearing.

It's like they can't even read your posts sometimes isn't it?

So if you must solo, either solo the missions that fit your skill/equipment level, or raise your skill/equipment level to fit the more challenging missions.

The point is, unless you spend plat, you can't build anything except the Cronus until you get past Saturn, which leaves anyone who, for WHATEVER reason, is soloing the game, with crap weapons and no way besides real money buys to change this.

What's this nonsense about being able to solo missions?

I probably wouldn't solo a defense mission past wave 15, but I solo all the time & find it enjoyable.  The game is designed to be co-op, so it's not going to hold your hand & coddle you if you decide to solo.  If you choose to go it alone, you need to bring with you the badassitude of a squad full of Tenno.

Did you somehow miss the point where Rifle Mods are not dropping anymore and you are forced to take either an unmodded Strun or Braton clear to *Bleeep*ing Saturn if there's any reason why you must solo (NAT, no friends online, nobody at the nodes, etc)? Well, ok, there's Ammo Drum and Fast Hands... *sarcastic whistle* That'll help a lot, sure.

You can solo Mercury and Venus until you're blue in the face, but it won't help you if mods do not drop anymore. Well OK you could level Aklato to 30 and stick Convulsion on it.... meh. Still not very fun.

Edited by Xylia