Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gladiolus, the gladiator, master of melee.

This frame is about using melee weapons of all types with great finesse, to stun and overpower his opponents in melee combat

My other stuff: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/977109-the-bugle’s-warframe-concept-ideas/

Stats:

Base hp: 150

Base shields: 150

Armor: 200

Base energy: 100

Sprint speed: 1.0

Abilities:

Passive -Warrior’s Tact- “Gain improved attack speed with all melee weapons, in addition to buffs specific to the weapon type.

Gain increased melee attack speed on all weapons. With sword(s) equipped, deal critical damage. With a sword and shield equipped, gain increased block damage prevention. With dagger(s), gain critical hit chance. With machetes, deal increased damage. With whips, gain weapon range. With a staff weapon, gain increased status chance.

Attack speed on all melee: +8%

Crit Damage for swords: +1x

Block damage for sword % shields: -20%

Crit chance for dagger(s): +30% after mods

Damage for machetes: +12%

Range for whips: 1x, after mods

Status for staves: +10%, after mods

I think I got all melee weapon types, if not, please tell me!

Ability 1 -Earthquake- “Send a shockwave through the ground that stuns, knocks back, and damages nearby enemies.

Knock back, stun, and damage enemies in a small radius. Effects decrease linearly as you go further out in the radius.

Cost 25 energy.

Radius: 3/5/7/9m. Not moddable.

Knockback at center: 2/4/6/8m.

Stun duration at center: .3/.6/.9/.9s. Max 1.5s. 

Damage at center: 125/250/375/500 impact.

Ability 2 -Gladiator Strength- “Gain a surge of strength, overpowering enemies with melee weapons, and being able to combine your attacks into devastating combinations both faster and with greater power.

All melee attacks cause a brief stun. Combo multiplier scales faster. Combo multiplier increases attack speed.

Costs 50 energy. 

Stun duration: .3/.6/.9/1.2s. Not moddable.

Multiplier: +2/3/3/4x. Max 5x.

Attack speed: +2/5/7/10%*multiplier. Max 20%/ multiplier. Max 80% after multiplier.

Duration: 3/5/7/9s.

So if you hit 1 enemy with a melee weapon, your multiplier goes up by 1*3. If you hit 5 enemies, it goes up by 5*3.

Ability 3 -Brutality- “The best defense is a good offense. Utilize this to enhance your armor using damage dealt to enemies.

A % melee damage dealt is converted into stacks of brutality. Every stack of brutality increases your armor by 1. Brutality stacks decay after a certain amount of time, unless refreshed by further melee attacks during the abilities duration.

Costs 75 energy

Conversion: 2.5/5/7.5/10%. Max 20%

Decay time: 2/4/4/6s. Not moddable.

Duration: 3/6/9/12s.

Ability 4 -Gladiator’s Might- “Unleash Bloodlust and Ravager against enemies, slaughtering through their ranks with ease, while shielding yourself.

Equip your sword Bloodlust, and your shield Ravager, to deal high melee damage, and offer good block damage reduction

Cost: 25 on cast, 8/s while active.

Weapon stats:

Attack speed: .5s per hit.

CC: 15% 

CD: 2.5x 

Reach: 1m

Impact: 100

Puncture: 75

Slash: 225

Block damage prevention: 70%

Channeling: 3 energy/sec

Channeling: +40% damage

Blocking while channeling uses 3 energy per hit but mitigates all damage.

Edited by (XB1)FlawlessBugle68

Not a bad idea, but excalibur is technically already "The Master of Melee" (after all he is named after a sword of legend). Giving him another title is a good idea.

Suggestions I have are: (I did some research about gladiators)

Passive (your idea is broken) - Earn 50% more credits in missions. (this means getting more credits in the mission reward instead of the credits acquired through killing enemies)

Design - Similar to one of the greatest gladiators in the old times : Spartacus

Roman-Gladiator-Spartacus.jpg

Ability tweaks - Gladiators were well known in using different fighting styles, not only using a sword, shield, and armor. Adding abilities that describes a gladiator would be a good thing. (abilities with hand to hand combat, using your knowledge and wisdom, etc.)

Really wish DE would make a Gladiator Warframe, it would be cool as all hell.

Edited by NirutiHunter

I see where you’re going. Love the feedback!

15 minutes ago, NirutiHunter said:

Not a bad idea, but excalibur is technically already "The Master of Melee" (after all he is named after a sword of legend). Giving him another title is a good idea.

Gladiators were well known in using different fighting styles,

Excal is better defined as “master of swords.” He is, as you said, based off a famous sword. This frame takes more of a “brute-like” approach, almost like rhino but built for pure melee instead. 

Passive (your idea is broken) -

Okay, again as you said yourself, gladiators are good at all types of weapons. It’s meant to create a more diverse gameplay, rather than just giving one flat buff to all melee. However, I’ll decrease the stats a bit to balance it more. I’ll decrease the base attack speed buff, and replace staves with status chance. Also note, that only the speed buff and one other is applied to weapons, not all of the stats. It’s meant to provide diverse gameplay across different weapons. It’s meant to be strong at melee, to be hand-to-hand rather than do more damage just firing your Tigris at enemies. The abilities are also built to be melee and survivable, but still keep a warframe feel as well.

Specifics on Passive changes:

Attack speed: +8%

Crit Damage: +1x

Block damage: -20%

Crit chance: +15% after mods

Damage: +6%

Range: 1x, after mods

Status buff for staves: +10%.

Ill clarify that only the first speed and one of the other buffs is applied, based on weapon type.

Edited by (XB1)FlawlessBugle68