The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Surface Book 2 GPU Ejection

Tainted_Catfish

First off, I know this is really specific. I don't expect the developers to spend a ton of energy and time, if any to fix this issue. I am only writing this to make it aware. So hopefully you read this before I get a bunch of comments telling me how less than 1 percent of the players will be using this hardware and I should stop complaining. 

I am running Warframe of a Microsoft Surface Book 2, running a Core i7 processor and a Nvidia GTX 1060. Now, when it works, the laptop is a powerhouse. It's kind of unique in that the keyboard, which houses the GPU, can be pulled off while the system is on. This means the GPU can be disconnected and reconnected at will. Now, I know there are issues with Microsoft's hardware, but Warframe specifically loves to cause my GPU or components of my Surface Dock to disconnect at regular intervals. No other games I've played do this.

If my GPU disconnects, its always right when Evolution Engine starts. I don't know why, but it does this pretty consistently until I do a hard reset of the computer, and hopefully it sticks around for awhile. I don't know if this is hardware-specific, or if it could cause problems for anyone else at all, but I just wanted to make this aware. If anyone has a fix, let me know!