Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mandachord wishlist July-2018

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

• Double/Quadruple/infinite song save slots.... (we cant even save a song for each instrument pack...)
  • Our Songs in Our Orbiter Mandichord song list.......... (hmm I guess the problem here is that these tracks have no playtime lengths??  Make it something Arbitrary like 3 minutes, or let us set a playtime in our mandichord as we make the songs and save them)
  • List all songs in a vertical list with a simple on/off button next to them (including our songs) (get rid of the horizontal menu with huge track icons)
  • Let us customize how many bars to use.  2,3, 4,6, 8,12
  • Let us stretch notes out.  Instead of playing a drum on 4 different beats you could just pick a start and end time and it would stretch a single drum beat over that time period.

Lastly......New Instrument packs I would like to see would be string instruments like violin/Koto and some wind instruments

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN
Cuz the awesome sound crew already did this crap!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not only would more creation options be amazing, like adding in a full octave worth of notes to work with per instrument, not just the scale currently provided, more subdivision, syncopation, and rhythm options, and tempo control would be amazing.

Also, I haven't found it anywhere (haven't really looked too hard), but the ability to control how loud your music is vs how loud in game music is.  I find if I turn off my in game music in the options, I can't hear my Octavia's music.  But squad mate's Octavia music has it's own separate slider for volume.  And the in game music volume control in options controls both in game music and my Octavia's music at the same time.  On top of that, the inconsistent sound volumes of everything else going on in the game makes it hard to hear what my own music is doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I cant wait for consoles to get the mandachord update PC got!!!  Not sure how good or bad 80 second loops will be... I really love some of my tracks lol,  Hmm maybe we can still loop the track. 

The Echolure seems interesting.  We can change the pitch and tone of the call to call different animals/species..  theres gottta be a way to adapt it to music/sounds.  I think Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time has the best musical instrument in a game.  It had cool preset songs but you could also just play your own melodies on it.  I definately love the idea of my operator S#&$ting in her Orbiter/RAILJACK and just zenning out on a flute or other simple instrument.  Mandachord is more complete music and made for battle.   

Hmm maybe there could be some cross-over between mandachord and echolure.  Like having lure sounds on the mandachord or mandachord instrument packs on the echolure that you can use to distort the pitch and tone of the sounds.

Whatever the case Sound Crew gets a solid round of applause from me for their latest efforts.  Tell Steve you deserve a rest before being put back to work on Fortuna/Railjack/War!!  And I hope you guys get inspired to come back and do even more amazing stuff with the musical instruments/tools in warframe.

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see a Mandachord instrument pack with a distinctly japanese feel! Perhaps the Adau instruments are a little in this direction, but I feel a great alternative Tenno-aligned instrument set would be:

Percussion - Taiko Drums (or similar/derived instrument)

Bass - Shawzin (appears to be derived from Shamisen/Sanshin or similar instrument, used in the closing theme of The Sacrifice and mentioned during the quest's cinematics)

Melody - Shakuhachi Flute (or similar/derived instrument)

These instruments are, in my mind, both pleasing to the ear and emblematic of Japan's warring states (Sengoku) era, from which ninja, samurai and their varied weaponry all hail. (Well, ninja traditions originate elsewhere as I understand it, but the japanese ninja tradition was prominently active in this age, at least.)

Wouldn't it be awesome to compose soulful ninja/samurai anthems to accompany the flourish of a Nikana as it whips through the air to cut one's foes in half?:smile:

• 3 weeks later...