Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Steel Fiber.

TwiceDead

From what I could tell so far, the general opinion of steel fiber is that it is useless UNLESS used in very specific conjunctions with other mods. One of the main reasons it is regarded as inferior compared to redirection+fast-something(slipped my mind), is that it doesn't affect shields. . .  

I also heard they were re-working the armor system, or something like that, but my point is should steel fiber be buffed? 

tl;dr:
Should steel fiber be buffed? 

I believe it was mentioned on a livestream (I could be wrong here, though) that they were thinking of adding a mod that allowed a certain percentage of your armor value to affect your shield, since Scott found the 'shield armor' glitch from a few months ago quite interesting, but didn't like how it made everyone totally invincible.

tl;dr: Yes.

Edited by UnearthedArcana

You're probably right, Aureus. When the shield armor glitch was in effect, I was able to run T3 Void raid/extermination with Rhino with only one cast of Iron Skin.

Something definitely needs to change, though - right now, if something gets through your shield, you're pretty boned unless you can find somewhere to chill for a moment.

Running Fast Deflection, Redirection, Fortitude, and a wimpy Vigor mod (inb4 I couldn't get it), I have 1110 shields currently, and the recharge time is insanely fast due to speed stacking. Using just these 4 mods is probably enough to survive anything not toxic ancients. Armor really isn't a neccesary thing imo.

Running Fast Deflection, Redirection, Fortitude, and a wimpy Vigor mod (inb4 I couldn't get it), I have 1110 shields currently, and the recharge time is insanely fast due to speed stacking. Using just these 4 mods is probably enough to survive anything not toxic ancients. Armor really isn't a neccesary thing imo.

I went for the middle ground, having over 300 armor ~500+ health and ~800+ shields i am immune to any kind of damage.

I also run with rejuvenation so i am not afraid of grineer/corpus or toxic ancients.

Even somebody somehow burns through my shields, gg mate, 70% damage reduction.

I believe it was mentioned on a livestream (I could be wrong here, though) that they were thinking of adding a mod that allowed a certain percentage of your armor value to affect your shield, since Scott found the 'shield armor' glitch from a few months ago quite interesting, but didn't like how it made everyone totally invincible.

tl;dr: Yes.

Really? I remember Steve being opposed to the idea, calling it "just adding more shields". Maybe I missed something...

I went for the middle ground, having over 300 armor ~500+ health and ~800+ shields i am immune to any kind of damage.

I also run with rejuvenation so i am not afraid of grineer/corpus or toxic ancients.

Just as a quick approximation/reference, 75% damage reduction upon HP damage is equivalent to giving yourself 300% more effective health. That's why Steel Fiber goes below Redirection, Vigor, and Vitality. Shields take priority over health because they can regenerate, you should prioritize in this order:

Redirection > Vigor (if you have it) > Vitality > Steel Fiber

EDIT: Buffing the value of the armor percentage increase in Steel Fiber won't change gameplay significantly because the more armor you add, the less of a boost in damage reduction you'll gain.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

You're probably right, Aureus. When the shield armor glitch was in effect, I was able to run T3 Void raid/extermination with Rhino with only one cast of Iron Skin.

Something definitely needs to change, though - right now, if something gets through your shield, you're pretty boned unless you can find somewhere to chill for a moment.

I can still do that now with one cast of Iron Skin and no steel fiber.

Are you Rhino or Frost? Can you share with your loadout for warframe? Very, very interesting!

Are you Rhino or Frost? Can you share with your loadout for warframe? Very, very interesting!

Frost Prime

Generally i don't have to worry about getting downed on non-endgame tier levels, so i can freely do things like, recording hud-less.

i'll make a loadout pic later.

Edited by SkacikPLz

Frost Prime

Generally i don't have to worry about getting downed on non-endgame tier levels, so i can freely do things like, recording hud-less.

i'll make a loadout pic later.

Looks like i can't see any videos on this forum :|

Edited by Skynin

On my Frost, when I feel like being unkillable, I bring the Aurora helm, maxed Redirection, and maxed Vigor. 1290 shields, 399 health, 187.5 armor. Bring a sentinel with Guardian, and even if enemies can get your shield down, it comes right back up.

Adding Steel Fiber makes it even more ridiculous, but is completely unnecessary. Fast Deflection and Fortitude both increase the rate of your shield recharge, which is entertaining to watch, but also unnecessary.