The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Project Vulcan: Technomancer Guardian (and a list of other militaristic frames by other users!)

SirSovereign

20 hours ago, SirSovereign said:

Made a few changes to the exalted form. Still don't know how to balance effective HP with the fact that he will have zero evasion and will be moving slow

Did folks ask you to plug their concepts in around here?

As for your question as I work. . . hm. . . wouldn't having higher health and armor be enough? Even our most unique frames all function with sprinting, wall-jumping, and the like. Don't think anything really needs to be done there.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Did folks ask you to plug their concepts in around here?

Nope, just helps other people see concepts that also have a militaristic/tactical approach to their warframe concepts.. to show that there is a pretty decent crowd who want something like this

1 hour ago, Unus said:

As for your question as I work. . . hm. . . wouldn't having higher health and armor be enough? Even our most unique frames all function with sprinting, wall-jumping, and the like. Don't think anything really needs to be done there.

yes, having higher hp and armor is enough, but the amount is what I'm questioning.. I guess it's fine where it's at now since armor is pretty dang high

2 hours ago, SirSovereign said:

Nope, just helps other people see concepts that also have a militaristic/tactical approach to their warframe concepts.. to show that there is a pretty decent crowd who want something like this

yes, having higher hp and armor is enough, but the amount is what I'm questioning.. I guess it's fine where it's at now since armor is pretty dang high

Eh. . . I dunno. . . seems a little unsavory to just plonk other folks work down without their consent to advertise your own. I fully understand that there aren't any copyrights in place for most of our designs, but. . . something about this just rubs me the wrong way. If you gathered them together, sure, but, this? Eh. . .

Have you tried putting the stats alongside what we already have wikiwise? Figure that some hard data stirred into the recipe may help your Vulcan gestate better.

4 minutes ago, Unus said:

Eh. . . I dunno. . . seems a little unsavory to just plonk other folks work down without their consent to advertise your own. I fully understand that there aren't any copyrights in place for most of our designs, but. . . something about this just rubs me the wrong way. If you gathered them together, sure, but, this? Eh. . .

I don't mind though..... lol

idk bout the others.....

21 minutes ago, Unus said:

Have you tried putting the stats alongside what we already have wikiwise? Figure that some hard data stirred into the recipe may help your Vulcan gestate better.

nothing else is like Vulcan so what would I have to compare him to? Besides maybe Nova and Mesa's abilities that slows them..

And people don't usually mind free advertising... and this is my thread, so how is me advertising other people's work going to help me "advertise"? lol

4 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

I don't mind though..... lol

idk bout the others.....

And that is good to hear then sir/mam.

3 hours ago, SirSovereign said:

nothing else is like Vulcan so what would I have to compare him to? Besides maybe Nova and Mesa's abilities that slows them..

And people don't usually mind free advertising... and this is my thread, so how is me advertising other people's work going to help me "advertise"? lol

Eh, just wasn't thinking you'd really need to compare the suit to anything, let it stand on it's own two legs and let your words paint the picture.

I'm just sayin suh, I've met some real picky people in my time trapseing about the creative content section, folks who get miffed the moment even mentions something they worked on without getting them or their name involved.

13 hours ago, Unus said:

I'm just sayin suh, I've met some real picky people in my time trapseing about the creative content section, folks who get miffed the moment even mentions something they worked on without getting them or their name involved.

Oh, I know what you mean, but I've got the links to their original threads up with their names so I'm not taking credit for anything of theirs lol.. if someone had an issue it's not hard for me to just delete their link 🙂

Havoc daddy here XD I don't mind in the slightest. It's free advertising. And helps to show DE that there is an active market for this type of frame. I'm probably going to be adding a linked concepts section to my own post when I get a chance. Mobile browser doesn't let me do fancy formatting so gotta wait till I'm on desktop 

Some feedback since I got a chance to go over it a bit closer.

-Base turret duration is too high. Lower to maybe 25 at most. 

-Technological advantage is too long of a name. 

-Crouching within its range for a bonus is fine, but having to sit completely still may be a bit much.

-Ability says it gives 1000 overshields, but shortly after it says it gives 500 overshields?

-Perhaps standing in the ring gives increased damage output, while crouching gives the defensive bonuses. This would line up with a cover shooter style where people stand to fire over cover.

-Duration mods need to affect guardian armor duration. Initial cost should be lowered. 

-First part says he cant sprint while using guardian armor but later it says he can? 

-Which firing mode is his sentry gun using when it is equipped for guardian armor? 

-Does the roll replacement shield charge have any effect on enemies or deal damage?

-Perhaps range mods could affect the distance of the dodge/shield charge?

6 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Some feedback since I got a chance to go over it a bit closer.

-Base turret duration is too high. Lower to maybe 25 at most. 

-Technological advantage is too long of a name. 

-Crouching within its range for a bonus is fine, but having to sit completely still may be a bit much.

-Ability says it gives 1000 overshields, but shortly after it says it gives 500 overshields?

-Perhaps standing in the ring gives increased damage output, while crouching gives the defensive bonuses. This would line up with a cover shooter style where people stand to fire over cover.

-Duration mods need to affect guardian armor duration. Initial cost should be lowered. 

-First part says he cant sprint while using guardian armor but later it says he can? 

-Which firing mode is his sentry gun using when it is equipped for guardian armor? 

-Does the roll replacement shield charge have any effect on enemies or deal damage?

-Perhaps range mods could affect the distance of the dodge/shield charge?

Updated most of this.. most of the mix matches were my fault.. making quick changes to numbers and not paying attention to the descriptions lol

Put the energy tick back on guardian armor instead of a duration since most skills like this have a tick

Added descriptions as to how shield charge works a little better and the exalted weapon.. Hope that's at least a little more clear.

I also used your ideas for the backpack ability, but again, not sure what would be too much of a damage boost additively

On 2018-07-22 at 5:18 PM, SirSovereign said:

Oh, I know what you mean, but I've got the links to their original threads up with their names so I'm not taking credit for anything of theirs lol.. if someone had an issue it's not hard for me to just delete their link 🙂

Fair enough, suppose i'm just not willing to take such a risk.

10 hours ago, (PS4)warhero229 said:

Havoc daddy here XD I don't mind in the slightest. It's free advertising. And helps to show DE that there is an active market for this type of frame. I'm probably going to be adding a linked concepts section to my own post when I get a chance. Mobile browser doesn't let me do fancy formatting so gotta wait till I'm on desktop 

And another confirmation. Splendid.

1 hour ago, SirSovereign said:

What's there to risk by helping others?

The risk comes if/when one of the others in question comes at you digitally berserk for """appropriating their work to use for your own gain""".

So far, several folks have come forward and have been more then happy that you show the world their work from here, that is where you help. 

I just dislike the thought that, someone who hasn't been informed like those two who showed their consent, would show up and verbally get in a row about it.

If he was posting our work and claiming it as his own I could see the issue. Or even if he posted links to our work but then ranted about how bad they were or how he had the idea first or whatever that would be cause for an issue as well. 

But just saying "hey, if you like my work, check these others out too" cant possibly be reasons for concern. It's basically the Related Videos section on YouTube lol

On 2018-07-26 at 11:56 PM, (PS4)warhero229 said:

If he was posting our work and claiming it as his own I could see the issue. Or even if he posted links to our work but then ranted about how bad they were or how he had the idea first or whatever that would be cause for an issue as well. 

But just saying "hey, if you like my work, check these others out too" cant possibly be reasons for concern. It's basically the Related Videos section on YouTube lol

Exactly my thoughts... it helps us.. not just me.

I tried sketching a bit of what an orokin heavy gun may look like with an underbarrel launcher, but apparently it didn't save.. so I've felt less motivated to do much haha

8 hours ago, SirSovereign said:

Exactly my thoughts... it helps us.. not just me.

I tried sketching a bit of what an orokin heavy gun may look like with an underbarrel launcher, but apparently it didn't save.. so I've felt less motivated to do much haha

I'm just running low on ideas at the moment. In talks with someone to commission artwork for Havoc and his exalted guns hopefully soon