Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laser Wall Behind Doors Needs To Go.

Raningwind

Greetings!

I post here in hope that the development team will reconsider having lasergrid walls behind doors, as i have died recently alot and allmost exclusivly due to sprinting headfirst into a door seemingly safe just to get killed from the lasergrid hiding behind it.

I feel that it causes unnecessary deaths and having these "Cheap" deaths in a game where revives is bought with Real money unless you wait can cause some discomfort to those who are serious and make some question the design choice as it could seem inappropriate to the right person.

Anyhow, the game itself is great so far, except the lack for multi target swipes for swords i have nothing at all that comes to mind that might need to be reconsidered or fixed.

I might post again should i find something that feels Wrong or odd.

Toodles!

> Raningwind

It's probably the only thing in game that poses any sort of possible deterrant to blindly rushing a mission atm and I think it's fine. IMO the game could use more level mechanics like these to either discourage excessive blind rushes or atleast hinder them so players aren't as able to easily run far ahead of everyone with little to no concequence or threat/danger to themselves.

It's probably the only thing in game that poses any sort of possible deterrant to blindly rushing a mission atm and I think it's fine. IMO the game could use more level mechanics like these to either discourage excessive blind rushes or atleast hinder them so players aren't as able to easily run far ahead of everyone with little to no concequence or threat/danger to themselves.

Pretty much this right here. Makes you stop and think a little.

Its because statistically people that are unhappy with something are far more likely to be vocal about it. Just because more people complain about the doors on here than support having them and wanting more level based hazards and mechanics in game doesn't mean a majority of the community want's the doors removed which would result in making the game easier.

I mean if you eat somewhere and the food is horrible and the service terrible you'll tell your friends about it first chance you get.

However you eat someplace and the food is great and the service was awesome you'll make a mental note to eat there more often. You won't go running around telling your friends that the place you just ate at was amazing.

Its because statistically people that are unhappy with something are far more likely to be vocal about it. Just because more people complain about the doors on here than support having them and wanting more level based hazards and mechanics in game doesn't mean a majority of the community want's the doors removed which would result in making the game easier.

I mean if you eat somewhere and the food is horrible and the service terrible you'll tell your friends about it first chance you get.

However you eat someplace and the food is great and the service was awesome you'll make a mental note to eat there more often. You won't go running around telling your friends that the place you just ate at was amazing.

No, I mean the people who are adamantly against are just as vocal as those in favor of taking it out, and are more numerous.

The only problem I find with the lasers is that cameras on other parts of the map turn on all of the lasers. So if, say, you lag behind your squadmates slightly and they are fighting in the room in front of you while in view of a camera, you are unable to join them until the camera is shot.

This may be a way to promote team play, however, I think it would be better if cameras were localized to doors in their immediate vicinity.

The only problem I find with the lasers is that cameras on other parts of the map turn on all of the lasers. So if, say, you lag behind your squadmates slightly and they are fighting in the room in front of you while in view of a camera, you are unable to join them until the camera is shot.

This may be a way to promote team play, however, I think it would be better if cameras were localized to doors in their immediate vicinity.

you know you can slide/roll/backflip through right?

No, I mean the people who are adamantly against are just as vocal as those in favor of taking it out, and are more numerous.

Not really because a great deal of players that see no problem with the laser doors or like them being in game probably don't even see these topics. By observation a small amount of the current user base is actually using the forums here.

The most common sources of getting people to visit these forums being the following no no particular order.

Encountered bug or game error.

Question over something not found in the Wiki

Desire to share ideas that could contribute to the game

Complaint or voicing displeasure over gameplay elements.

Displeasure over laser doors for example will lead someone to come to the forum to voice their issues or displeasure over it that most likely wouldnt have visited the forum in the first place.

Enjoying what the laser doors add to the game as an element will not do this with people.

Edited by UkyoSonoda

I feel sad that some relate my post here with my personal gaming "skill" i feel it is totaly uncalled for and is just there to prove ignorance.

Having that said, not only cameras keep some lasergrids up and sometimes siderooms have them (rooms that usually house no enemies and have loot), since doors only react to a player standing in the direct square that is outside the door you can "sneak" up to it and get some severely reduced reaction time causing some serious hits to your total health if you dont have enough shields and possibly end you if you are unlucky.

Im not saying the only option is to remove Lasergrids behind doors, announcing them would work just as great and would do nothing then to allow players to know they are there and still have that deterring effect discussed.

Edited by Raningwind

The walls are fine.

Too many people are just, pardon my french, downright douchebags who can't seem to stop and kill a cam.

I've had so many jerks just run past, activate a cam in the other room, and lock me out because they don't know how to shoot a friggin red light on the ceiling. The cams are announced well enough, it's the players that need to gain some basic awareness. You can see the cams with enemy radar, hear them rotating and spotting you, and see the giant green and red light.

Why some chose not to shoot em is well beyond me.

The walls are fine.

Too many people are just, pardon my french, downright douchebags who can't seem to stop and kill a cam.

I've had so many jerks just run past, activate a cam in the other room, and lock me out because they don't know how to shoot a friggin red light on the ceiling. The cams are announced well enough, it's the players that need to gain some basic awareness. You can see the cams with enemy radar, hear them rotating and spotting you, and see the giant green and red light.

Why some chose not to shoot em is well beyond me.

i can see quite well this scenario in my head as i 98% of the time solo missions due to how parties have treated me so far, however its the lasergrids hidden behind doors i tend to get hurt by as i dont walk in a straight line to the next room. and sometime loot rooms have them. last time i checked there could be more then 1 camera causing the same lasers to activate having a long time before they shut down, im simply trying to pitch the idea of marking Lasergrids behind doors as i am sure i cant be the only one that have died just before extraction because i wanted to check the last Side room only to walk straight into a lasergrid with no hope of reacting in time because i approached the room in a non-straight or hurried fashion.

also making the area that opens set door a bit to the sides could also work.

Sorry if I came off as mean, long day, and I'm not targeting anyone specifically, mostly because it's not worth the effort, people who do this won't generally acknowledge they are being jerks.

All the cams are in specific spots. If you pay attention and shoot them, it should become second nature, they will always be in the same spot, unless they have been removed.

I'm not saying the laser doors couldnt do with some improvements. Personally I would make their detection speed and coverage much better on the cameras but position the cameras to watch a specific door and only activate that grid. This removes some annoyance factor with the current setup while improving their danger or threat to people that blind rush levels as they'd be more likely to catch them before they got through the doorway. Though this would also add more cameras as well to have atleast 1 on each side of the door. I wouldn't mind more of those ceiling turrets around the cameras and doors either.

im propbliby an idiot for pressing this any further, but i still feel that this kind of accidental lasergrid damage/death is easy to reduce to a problem only to those who would ability sprint into a door.

Sorry if im upsetting you by still standing on what ive said and thus making this day even worse for you.

Good night.

im propbliby an idiot for pressing this any further, but i still feel that this kind of accidental lasergrid damage/death is easy to reduce to a problem only to those who would ability sprint into a door.

Sorry if im upsetting you by still standing on what ive said and thus making this day even worse for you.

Good night.

If you play solo almost all the time like you said earlier then all you need to do is note on common camera locations in rooms on corpus missions. Inactive they have a greenish light to them. When you set one off it turns red and activates the laser grids and ceiling turrets. All of these cameras are placed in locations that make them shootable even on the other side of the grid. The only times I take damage from the grids are playing with other people on corpus missions as currently the cameras and grids do a poor job of actually catching the person running full speed ahead of everyone else however that person running or rushing ahead causes them to go off in everyone else's face.

I used to have problems with them as well but now when when I play solo I shoot all the cameras as a habit. They can only be found in specific locations in rooms and once you're familiar with them and used to listening to the sound they make, you'll rarely be surprised by a laser wall suddenly popping up.

Of course it also means you shouldn't run head first into new rooms on Corpus levels.

There can be issues when playing in groups though because many people rush ahead triggering the cameras for those behind them and there's little that can be done about it.

Solo mission with corpus - no problem with laser door since player should be able to remember spawn location of the camera.

Co-op mission is entirely something else - idiotic teammate(s) can ruin your day with laser door. I just accept that it's my job to clear all cameras that I can find.

The Camera are very easy to spot and notice. First all they glow red if they spotted you and thus laser appear. Second they make 2 different kinds of sound that you only hear when you're near them. One is for when they're green the other is when they're red. You gotta be either blind, deaf, or $&*&*#(%& to not be able to spot them.