Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Open World Areas Server Hosted

Iamnotanoob

As the title says , i would like DE to consider making Open world maps such as Plains Of Eidolon and Fortuna Sever hosted on Dedicated Servers as trasitioning and playing on these maps tends to make it laggy/delayed depending on Host/Squad Members Have a bad connection . Other Non-open world map dont lag or have delayed movement/reactions on the same connection and PC as i have seen myself ,at least not as much.

Again ,I'm only requesting to DE to consider it and not Demanding as it would let Co-op experience in these bigger maps a much smoother and better experience for the whole squad in a session , It'll make the Transition from Base(Cetus) to plains more smoother as well. 

The problem is not technological here, but financial. Basing the open maps on servers would cost a huge amount of money, and it is unlikely that DE would be able to sustain it--certainly not manage it for PoE, Venus, and future areas.

The other maps lag/delay the same as PoE, if you get away from the host. It's more that you are able to get much farther from the host on the plains, so that will make the lag greater.

I don't think DE should start spending resources on dedicated servers but they do have a system in place for allowing players to run their own dedicated servers for conclave so I'm sure it's not a far leap for that to apply to all mission types.

But for sure some enhancements that gave players more control over who hosts games would be a nice QOL change.