Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Dojo and building

pizza1138

Hello

I have some problems with how the Dojo currently works as well as construction. As it stands now the Dojo is in a weird place with rooms such as the observatory that serves as a mission hub for your clan, but if you want to modify mods or begin/check on construction you have to go back to you ship. This disrupts the flow of the Dojo leaving people flipping between loading screens as well as being a general inconvenience.

The second issue I have with the Dojo is construction or more specifically the placing down of them. I believe that building could benefit very much from some simple quality of life improvements, like a better grid system (visual display of grid), duplication, showing what angle your item is at when rotating it so you can get a object at a perfect angle and mirroring. I know some of these options can be a bit daunting to new players but I believe a compromise can be reached by having two separate building modes; simple(the current system) and advanced(more definitive with more options and more info). Another problem is with building rooms, you have functionality with have walls but lack some of the essential items of a room; floors and ceilings.

I think that some of these changes could really draw more life into the clan Dojo and make the building system less fickle to deal with.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this, I just want to say love your game been on and of it for awhile now but I am really getting into it.

Edited by pizza1138
Formatting

7 hours ago, pizza1138 said:

As it stands now the Dojo is in a weird place with rooms such as the observatory that serves as a mission hub for your clan, but if you want to modify mods or begin/check on construction you have to go back to you ship.

You can construct an arsenal spot in your observatory to change mods. You can also improve mods anywhere without it, just open your inventory. It is annoying however that you cannot change focus trees in the Dojo.

The second issue I have with the Dojo is construction or more specifically the placing down of them. I believe that building could benefit very much from some simple quality of life improvements, like a better grid system (visual display of grid), duplication, showing what angle your item is at when rotating it so you can get a object at a perfect angle and mirroring.

I had similar points in my thread here. 

I believe a compromise can be reached by having two separate building modes; simple(the current system) and advanced(more definitive with more options and more info).

So like captura? I like it.

Another problem is with building rooms, you have functionality with have walls but lack some of the essential items of a room; floors and ceilings.

I believe what you mean here is specific tileset floors and ceilings. It's been a gripe of mine for a while now (first as a clan member and now as a leader) and I hope that they give more options in the future.There is an expansion of Dojo items incoming, but I don't know if that will be part of it.

Good post, with editing to spread out your points I think you could get more readers.

Edited by Teoarrk
missing qualifier