Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A theory about the cinematic trilogy so far. (The New War)

KelsierSurvivor

So I was thinking... I personally consider these quests to be a part of the story we have so far. 

Spoiler

Vor's Prize

Stolen Dreams

The New Strange

Natah (Originally called "Tombs of the Sentient")

The Second Dream

The War Within

Octavia's Anthem

Chains of Harrow

The Apostasy Prologue

The Sacrifice

The New War is not included because that is said to be starting a new trilogy. 

Now, the reason I choose all of these is because they are all crucial to the story. Stolen Dreams and The New Strange, well, not so much, but they still contribute. I have reason to believe that the voice in the Arcane Codices is either Hunhow or the Sentient seen in the trailer for The New War.

Now, here's my theory. Odds are it won't contribute to the plot a whole lot, but it's still cool to think about. 

In Natah, Hunhow says this;

"As I awaken, so will they. They will say you are riven and will want to reclaim you. I will not be able to stop them." 

Seeing as Hunhow seems to have played little to no role in The Sacrifice or the Apostasy Prologue, I am willing to bet that what he said here happened. The other Sentients awoke and wanted to get Natah back by force, and thus crafted the masterful plan that unfolded in The Apostasy Prologue and The Sacrifice. I have a smaller theory that Ballas is actually a Sentient Mimic, which would kinda make sense since he was originally very against the Sentients in The Old War. It's kinda fishy that all of a sudden the Sentients trust him...

Anyway, Hunhow was obviously left in a crippled position after the events of The Second Dream and Octavia's Anthem. I refuse to believe he is dead, however, since a Syndicate quest is not at all a respectful way to get rid of such a good villain. But since Hunhow is in no position to act, he couldn't have even tried to help the Lotus with the whole situation that's unfolded over the last few months. The Sentients are known for making complex plans, hence Hunhow's plan with the destruction of the Tenno. (Which backfired when Natah betrayed him to take the Tenno as her own children.) It isn't terribly hard to believe that the Sentient just hatched a huge plot to capture Lotus and make her remember who she was. 

I know it doesn't really explain much, but that's my thought. 

I refuse to accept Hunhow's dead. I love him as a villain, I think DE made such a great character with him.

That being said, I agree with him being severely crippled and not being able to just show up and crash the party. Like he did in Octavia's Anthem. But who ever said this guy never worked in the shadows before? Honestly it wouldn't surprise me ONE BIT to find out that Hunhow had some big role to play with the whole Ballas X Lotus triangle we saw occur, and then her seemingly leaving the Tenno after exposing them to her TRUE Sentient form.

I know she didn't attack us, but damn she had a lot of Sentients backing her up after saving Ballas. YES SAVING BALLAS. I also refuse to accept that guys dead. If those codex entry's taught me anything, it is basically impossible to truly kill an Orokin of Ballas' standing.

But doesn't this all sound like something the great and powerful Hunhow would do from the shadows? slowly but surely drain his daughter away from the Tenno, maybe with the boyfriend of Margulis' memories. She had no way of fighting that. Ballas hated the Sentients, but also hated the Tenno and the whole project. In the Sacrifice, he's very clearly WORKING with the Sentients. Would it really have taken much to recruit this guy to Hunhow's cause after all we've seen him do and possibly regret?

Thinking it over, if it really is Hunhow the Puppetmaster pulling the strings, he is directly abusing Lotus (Margulis) and Ballas' relationship to finally get back at the Tenno. That's really... Dang Hungow's a good villain. I hope that's what ends up happening.

And with the New War, isn't there evidence that the Sentient speaking to Lotus is her mother or something? Warframes story just goes deeper and deeper..

On 2018-07-11 at 10:37 PM, KelsierSurvivor said:

So I was thinking... I personally consider these quests to be a part of the story we have so far. 

Hide contents

Vor's Prize

Stolen Dreams

The New Strange

Natah (Originally called "Tombs of the Sentient")

The Second Dream

The War Within

Octavia's Anthem

Chains of Harrow

The Apostasy Prologue

The Sacrifice

The New War is not included because that is said to be starting a new trilogy. 

Now, the reason I choose all of these is because they are all crucial to the story. Stolen Dreams and The New Strange, well, not so much, but they still contribute. I have reason to believe that the voice in the Arcane Codices is either Hunhow or the Sentient seen in the trailer for The New War.

Now, here's my theory. Odds are it won't contribute to the plot a whole lot, but it's still cool to think about. 

In Natah, Hunhow says this;

"As I awaken, so will they. They will say you are riven and will want to reclaim you. I will not be able to stop them." 

Seeing as Hunhow seems to have played little to no role in The Sacrifice or the Apostasy Prologue, I am willing to bet that what he said here happened. The other Sentients awoke and wanted to get Natah back by force, and thus crafted the masterful plan that unfolded in The Apostasy Prologue and The Sacrifice. I have a smaller theory that Ballas is actually a Sentient Mimic, which would kinda make sense since he was originally very against the Sentients in The Old War. It's kinda fishy that all of a sudden the Sentients trust him...

Anyway, Hunhow was obviously left in a crippled position after the events of The Second Dream and Octavia's Anthem. I refuse to believe he is dead, however, since a Syndicate quest is not at all a respectful way to get rid of such a good villain. But since Hunhow is in no position to act, he couldn't have even tried to help the Lotus with the whole situation that's unfolded over the last few months. The Sentients are known for making complex plans, hence Hunhow's plan with the destruction of the Tenno. (Which backfired when Natah betrayed him to take the Tenno as her own children.) It isn't terribly hard to believe that the Sentient just hatched a huge plot to capture Lotus and make her remember who she was. 

I know it doesn't really explain much, but that's my thought. 

Last time I checked Sentients don’t have blood. Ballas being stabbed by Umbra then succumbing to his wound should be enough proof that he is not a sentient.

On 2018-07-18 at 3:21 AM, (PS4)Deuce_Cartel333 said:

Last time I checked Sentients don’t have blood. Ballas being stabbed by Umbra then succumbing to his wound should be enough proof that he is not a sentient.

Ooh... a very good point. Thank you for the confirmation. The only thing that I think could possibly debunk this theory would be that Mimics can mimic, well, most anything. Granted they probably just manipulate the light around them to make them appear as if they are something that they are not. Odds are your theory is still correct. It doesn't make sense that the Mimic that would be impersonating Ballas would stop fighting just because it's stabbed. It would adapt to the damage anyways.