Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constructive Suggestion For The Orokin Item/alert Problem.

ColdSpyder

Heyyyyyyy folks. I know a lot of people are frustrated with the nature of alerts... One thing I saw a mod of some sort mention was "giving intel on upcoming alerts so we don't need to be ever-vigilant." I think that's brilliant. It gives us some time for planning, etc.

Another suggestion I have:

Make these rare drops a good deal more popular, but make them take a good deal longer to craft in the foundry. I'm talking maybe 3 days to craft a catalyst and maybe another 2 (For 5 total) for reactors. Then, as a super-rare alert that has no early notification, you can offer items to decrease "cooking" times on a recipe of your choice in the foundry. Perhaps even an instant-complete type item, if you want. This ensures people can acquire their items at a pace you, the creators, dictate while still rewarding those who are more vigilant (Or even just lucky).

Win-win?

Note: You could, should you elect to, make every alert drop an item to decrease a pattern's cook time by a very small amount, thus encouraging players to partake in EVERY alert so as to generate as much of this as possible. That way players who want to grind to get their items/players who play a lot can get their items faster through hard work. Players who want to invest in the game with money or can't invest time due to obligations can elect to speed the process up.

Mind you, this idea would probably require some serious balancing of platinum prices for market items and "cooking" times for other foundry items. I still think it'd be a nice way to pace your game if you're willing to invest into doing the math.

The use of consumables for reduced production time idea is an interesting flip. Just not sure how a balanced implementation would look. One counterproductive player reaction would be people just logging in once every X days to collect and restart the production of orokin stuff.

Ohhh Ukyo could you link your thread? I will post a link to yours in mine if you wanna put mine in yours? =P

Link up all the different ideas... Would be neat hehe.

@Cakes: Yes, any player who has stockpiled them COULD just wait every X number of days, however I'm assuming A) there will be enough content to keep the game engaging that players will want to play as much as they can and B) those players will mostly be casuals who don't have time to log in anyway, so they're not missing out on alerts all too much since they don't need the speed-ups anyway.

It is true that it would require some delicate balancing, but it IS only beta and now would be the best time to work out such balancing.

not bad ideas CS

i dont really think we need items to reduce foundry build time though

that incentive already exists through buying plat if you want to rush things (or just buying plat and buying instead of crafting, even though those two systems are overlapping there)

and while some have complained about the long build times, I agree that the build times could be longer, to thus futher incentivize the buying of plat

giving the players the option to play for free and wait, or pay a little and play immediately

i also would like the alert system to be overhauled in many ways, of course if there was an advance warning system it would need to be structured in a way that there would still be occasional no-warning alerts that gave really great rewards, but then other advance warning alerts that gave something less, but still valuable