Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Newbie Questions

GerdFrentzen

Question

Hi there , I have some questions for you , I'm sorry for my bad english I'm french :/

So , I started with Mag , I found her cool first but then I've got a LOT of difficulty playing alone , I have a Grakata with piercing damage+hellfire+serration lvl 3 , Hikou with Hornet trike lvl 3 + deep freeze lvl 2 and trick mag lvl max , and I'm planing to build a Scindo with the mod reach lvl 3 + pressure point lvl 5 and fury.

Well first : the grakata do absolutely no damage , he don't even shoot down a basic shield with a full magazine so I'll go for a Paris , the hikou is really cool and powerful , I like it , really. What do you think about the Scindo ?

But....I can't reach europa alone , monster is too damn strong for me here , I have no problem with infested , I 2 shot them , grineer is easy too and Corpus are just a big joke , but my shield , 625 , can't resist 12 shot and I only have 325 life , it wouldn't be a problem If I have flow , but I don't have it , Wiki don't say where I can have it , and even with a hard farming on defence mission of the three type ennemy the next 3 days , I NEVER found it , never ! Same for the Ember parts , I've done 13 time Tethys the next 2 hours , not a single part of ember , so any tips for them please ?

Mag really do no damage , her shield is cool for bosses , her attract well I never use it , except to make some guys fell when they are annoying , the 2 is absolutelly useless , really , maxed he hardly shoot down a shield , and her ult is week versus grineer , usefull for the infected and powerful when it comes to corpus (4K damage) but I can only do it once because I don't have energy :/ I want a strong Waframe , by strong I mean a damage dealer , like Volt or Ember , I'll go for shade for the sentry , any idea for a Warframe who go well with it ? I really like Nova and Ember , but the Banshee look good too so I don't know :x

I'm really sorry for my bad english , and I thank you for your answers =)

8 answers to this question

mag is awesome on low levels but you need somebody else for higher levels. Grakata is just bad sorry you wasted your time on it I hope they fix it soon get a boltor or a shotgun. Volt isn't remotly good at dealing damage lol ember is hot and awesome but nova is the awesome op damage dealer. I would suggest you find a clan or some people to farm regularly with. As for flow I don't know where to get and drop rates are being adjusted so good luck

Mag really do no damage , her shield is cool for bosses , her attract well I never use it , except to make some guys fell when they are annoying ,

There's your problem. Pull is her best ability when you use it right. Mag is a crowd control goddess. Give her a shotgun (ideally Sobek) and melee with a wide arc/low swing. Pull also does a little bit of damage. Shield polarize will actually do you good when you are playing with a group or are surrounded by either Elite Lancers, Sawmen (after the shield update), or Flameblades. Crush is underpowered when you get past level 30-40 enemies.

Well my pull is maxed , I take 4-5 ennemy at once , but I don't do enough damage for now with my blade (Scindo is being build) with my ground attack , I can hardly kill someone with it while they're grounded by my pull so I have to run. When I'm surrounded by low health ennemy or else I just crush , everyone die , the sawmen is not a problem , even the 60 ones , 1 hikou their shield go bye , the second they die , Elite lancers are annoying and Flameblades...well I Magnetize them , they kill themselves and everyones around them in something like 4 second ? I know that my Crush don't kill the elite one , the generals , and other strong ennemy , so I use it when i'm surrounded by a swarm or else. The real problem I have with her is that I can only do 1 crush or 2-3 Magnetize before I go out of energy , I can't rely on my skill with such a low energy :/

Pull can be used on far more than 5 enemies. It pulls every enemy that you can see. Hence why I say a shotgun like Sobek is a perfect match for her. And try not to do the ground attack, it's too slow. Look out over the enemies, not at them, when you swing. That is why I said you need a wide arc/low swing weapon, like Orthos. Scindo should work as well, but it is pretty slow, even with a decent Fury mod.

Mag is one of my favorite frames. You just need to know how to use her to her maximum potential.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

Oh , I didn't know that , so I'll take a shotgun =) Well I don't like Orthos infact , I already tested it , scindo seems to be more my style , I don't really care about being slow with my attack , plus , I love her Jump attack and her really long basic range =)

Thanks for this little advice , I didn't think of the shotgun thing :o

But , you seems strong , do you know where we find the Flow mod ? :o

Edited by GerdFrentzen