Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacking cancel? Maybe?

SkyeMors

Tl;dr: Tried hacking in a Depressurized locked-down room, hacking menu didn't pop up, player appeared to be locked to the console (pov of other players).

I don't know what the exact bug is (I can usually figure it out), so here's what happened.
During a normal match (co-op PvE, extract the data, spy-stuff), I hit a window and broke it, and the room started depressurizing, like I expected it would. My teammate was in the same room, as well as two Access Panels (the ones used to deactivate alarms and so on). The room went on lockdown (like I expected it should), and naturally I went to go hack the terminal. For some reason, when I activated it, my character did the animation, moved into the correct position, and the camera did what it's supposed to- but the Hacking minigame didn't pop up. Figuring it was a small bug, I hit Esc to exit it and pull up my menu for a moment. The my partner asked if I was ok, because I had been at the terminal for thirty seconds (hacking time limit's something like 15 seconds), but I wasn't at the terminal. It appeared to my teammate that I was still over at the terminal, and I was unable to activate anything, but normal actions (moving, attacking, weapon switching, reloading, etc.) were performing like they should. To resolve, I told him to hack the other console (since he couldn't activate the one I was "using"), and everything went as it should from there out; the lockdown was lifted, doors opened, the window was sealed, and we went on our merry way to the Evac.

You can cancel the hacks with ESC, I've done it when I accidentally activated an alarm panel that I meant to leave alone for more spawns and instead was meaning to open a locker or pick up an ayatan star that was right next to it. There must have been a data drop somewhere between the host and the rest of the squad that got sorted out after your friend got the hack done. Luckily you had more than one panel available.

Edited by Hobie-wan