Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parasite Warframe, Filarial

Helios1414

I've always wanted a pure parasite based warframe, not one with just a couple parasitic abilities but one based off a real parasite and their characteristics, this is what the clan came up with

Name: Filarial.

she would have high energy with moderate health and shields but below average armor.

1st Ability: Filarial infests an enemy or ally, infesting an enemy will cause her to stay hidden from enemies who have not seen her enter the host and healing herself slowly, entering an ally would allow her to slowly regenerate energy and heal the ally by expending additional energy. 

While inside an enemy you cannot use your normal weapons or movements, firing your weapon or attacking enemies while inside your host will cause you to become noticed by other enemies, remaining unnoticed will allow you to bypass defenses such as Corpus/Grineer laser walls and cameras/Grineer drones.

2nd Ability: Filarial increases her mobility allowing her to freely walk on walls and ceilings, she is capable of being knocked off with blast damage.

3rd Ability: Filarial adapts to the first type of damage she takes giving her greater damage reduction to that specific damage type, taking more damage of a different damage type can change the resistance similar to zephyr's elemental tornadoes.

4th Ability: Filarial infects an enemy with parasites reducing their max health and resistances, when the host dies a number of the parasites travel to find a new host, if the parasite cannot find a host within 5 seconds then it dies. 

the 4th ability can be used while inside an enemy or placed on the ground, if placed on the ground the parasites will infect the first enemy to touch it.

we thought it would be fun to build the abilities around some of the most important  parts of a parasite's life, hosting, migrating, adapting and reproduction, let us know what you think about this.

Edited by Helios1414

I really like the first ability. I think she should be immune to damage while infesting something and should slowly drain the health of the enemy target shes infesting. She should also be able to control an infested enemy target and use any of its abilities/weapons (attacking any other enemies would provoke them into attacking her target). Infesting an ally should allow her to regenerate energy while healing both her and the ally.

The second ability is really cool, i think that she should be able to walk on any surfaces but fall off if she jumps or is otherwise disconnected from the surface (including blast damage). It would be neat to use an extra set of limbs while transitioning perpendicular surfaces.

I like the idea of a damage reduction ability but this could use a little more fleshing out. Perhaps while this ability is active she gets damage reduction dependent on power strength to the type of damage that shes received most of. So like if she recieves 500 magnetic damage and 300 puncture damage then she'd have the damage reduction for magnetic but if she receives another 300 puncture damage then the damage reduction would change to puncture. She could also have dynamic body elements to reflect her current resistance which would look super cool.

The 4th ability is also interesting, it should probably do viral damage or a mix of viral and toxin, I think perhaps an augment could shift damage to viral/corrosive. The parasites should also multiply in each host depending on how long they were inside.

This warframe makes me think of if nidus and saryn had a baby lol but overall i like her concept, especially her 1, I think it's a lot better that the theme and 1 for the soon to be released vampire frame.

edit: She also needs a passive, perhaps enemies she kills have a chance to spawn 1-3 parasites that seek out and and attack enemies similar to nidus's. 

Edited by JarodDempsey

oh we completely forgot about a passive, what if we do something with the bullet jump, like if your bullet jump damages an enemy then it can have a % chance of infecting that enemy with a larva that can slowly damage the enemy but will leave it with atleast 15% of its max health,

this is just a thought off the top of my head, im not sure if it would be too powerfull or not usefull enough.

im wondering if it might be able to have a reduction for her 1st ability on drones and MOAs, as a parasite it might be hard to host into a pure mechanical enemy and I didn't want it to be too much like the infestead mutalyst strain and more like a realistic parasite.

Edited by Helios1414