Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I Noticed When Playing With Friends, And Just Wanted To Say...

unmog

I APPROVE! Woohoo~

For the rest of you wondering what the heck is wrong with me, just figured I'd come on the forum since I haven't been here in a bit to find out if this is intentional or if anyone was complaining about it. Anyway I couldn't find it mentioned in any of the patch notes and didn't see any mention of it in the last couple pages here in the feedback forum, but...

MODS THAT DROP ARE THE SAME MODS FOR EVERYONE NOW!

WEEEEEEE~

I know some disagree with this, and I hope this isn't an bug because it's something I've been advocating for awhile now. It made no sense why a fury for someone else might be a multi shot mod for me. And now if split chamber DOES drop I can always tell my friends "OMG THERES A SPLIT CHAMBER HERE!" and spam the mark button and it'll be a split chamber for everyone. :) I dislike RNG for the sake of RNG. >.>

So DE, I just wanted to tell you that I approve, love you to death, and give a thousand thanks. OH AND I LOVE YOU AND WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES! Keep up the good work :D

PS~ Don't change it back or I'll be mad. >:(

PPS~ Im mastery 9 and have pretty much every mod so it doesn't really effect me anymore, but I hated it before and made many posts about how the old system was stupid.

it is intentional, only mods that drop from crates are randomized and that's really only in the void. Enjoy it :P

Edit: i realized that what i said was somewhat vague.  Enemies that you kill will drop the same mod for all tenno.  IE grineer lancer drops slash dash, everyone will get slash dash when they run over it.

Crate dropped mods in the void will be randomized for players.  IE destroy crate you get slash dash, and your friend gets ravage.  need to still retain rng rage!!

Edited by r3dzer0

it is intentional, only mods that drop from crates are randomized and that's really only in the void. Enjoy it :P

You sure its intentional? Maybe I missed when they mentioned it in the patch notes but can you point it out to me? Im kind of wondering how long ago the change was made.

I absolutely love it, but i do have one issue. Apparently it doesnt work in the Void. In the Void, it seems to give different mods from the same pickup. I at first thought it was a glitch, when my clanmate got Eagle Eye, and i got Ammo Drum.....i wasnt happy about it. Buta fter posting on the forums, several people told me it was different in the void. I so far havn't found any mention of this anywhere, but this is the information i've been given.

I believe it was from DE_Steve's post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94177-drop-tables-20/ about the drop tables. Can't recall if they specifically mentioned that all drops are the same. But yes, the drop system has be re hauled. 

Well I saw that post, but yea thats what I mean, if they said it specifically or not. Steve didnt say it specifically, and none of the patch notes mentioned it specifically when they usually DO mention specifics. So Im really hopping it isn't a bug and doesn't get changed back to the way it was. I really do enjoy this, Im just afraid its going to be patched back in some hotfix around the corner. :(

I absolutely love it, but i do have one issue. Apparently it doesnt work in the Void. In the Void, it seems to give different mods from the same pickup. I at first thought it was a glitch, when my clanmate got Eagle Eye, and i got Ammo Drum.....i wasnt happy about it. Buta fter posting on the forums, several people told me it was different in the void. I so far havn't found any mention of this anywhere, but this is the information i've been given.

Weird that the void still is the old way, who knows why what bugs occur with warframe though. Honestly I didnt know about it myself, its been ages since Ive been in the void. I really need to try getting the new void weapons...

i really hope they change it, i personally dont like the mods being all the same because now we cant have post game trading and rather a stupid market in its place.

We could still have trading, I just think limiting it to post game trading is kinda stupid myself. Plus they mentioned in a live stream the ability to sell/trade high level mods, you wouldnt be able to do that with just post game trading.

All in all I think this is one of the hopefully many steps they plan to take in the right direction for an actualy useful trading system.

Inside the Void drops from enemies are the same for everybody, drops from containers are different, having a REALY slim chance at being the same, cause well, you still can have the same drop...

And inside the Void containers have a higher chance at dropping rare mods, thus why people love em parkours.