Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa, The Gunslinger. Ballistic Battery Rework Idea.

Nubcrawler

So, i enjoyed doing my Atlas post so much that i decided to try the same thing with one of my more favored warframes Mesa. Mesa to me is an extremely strong frame who can dish out an insane amount of damage almost effortlessly however she does have ability that i almost never use which is Ballistic Battery. Now this ability i'm not going to lie is pretty freaking cool? I love what it does, and i love the way it sounds and feels. It's just that because of Mesa's other abilities being so strong there is no real reason to actually use it? Especially since it only amplifies 1 shot. So the changes i have made sadly changes the ability pretty much in a whole but the main idea behind it would be to force Mesa players like myself to be a bit more active and it would also promote gun play while using Mesa which i personally would welcome? But everyone has their own opinions. Now to the change(s).

Ballistic Battery

Mesa converts 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% of the total damage inflicted by her primary and secondary weapons into raw energy.  Once you reach 100% stored energy with this ability you may activate the ability again to Enhance the effects of Mesa's other abilites. Only one ability can be enhanced at any given time and you must wait until the first enhanced abilities duration is up to enhance another ability. Augment mod effects are also enhanced slightly. 
(Effects listed below)

Change to Ballistic Bullseye Augment mod. 
Rank 0 Increases Energy storage rate by 5%
Rank 1 Increases Energy storage rate by 10%
Rank 2 Increases Energy storage rage by 15%
Rank 3 Increases Energy Storage rate by 20% and allows for a two abilities to be enhanced at any given time.

Ballistic Enhanced Shooting Gallery

When playing alone, this abilities weapon damage increased from 25% to 30%

While playing in a party, three instances of the buff will spawn instead of two. One on Mesa for the full duration of the ability, while the two others will periodically shift between allied players. 

If you're using the Augment mod Muzzle Flash.  Duration of blind increased from 9 to 10 seconds, Radius incresed from 8m to 9m.

Ballistic Enhanced Shatter Shield

When enhanced, this ability can be recast while active, cast while moving.

If you're using the Augment mod Staggering Shield. Increases stagger from 50% to 65%

Ballistic Enhanced Peacemaker

Range increases from 50 meters to 65 meters, Makes minimum focus ring 20° instead of 15°, and increases damage per shot from 50 to 65.

If you're using the Augment mod Mesa Waltz, increased movement speed by an additional 25% (Maybe add the ability to perform a Basic Jump instead. Not sure. No Bullet jumping though.)

Obviously i feel like this would require a lot of balance testing, I think the idea of giving us Mesa players incentive to use our Primary and Secondary weapons more would be awesome and this would definetly be a way to do this. Feel free to leave any constructive critisism. 

Edited by Nubcrawler

Hm... Interesting to say th least. It'd improve synergy between abilities. As another person who also uses Mesa a lot this would be so much better than the current Ballistic Battery.

I'd just remove the "no knockdown" from her 3rd synergized ability, as that would make her even more immune than she already is. Otherwise seems pretty good.

Having different ideas for frames sure is great but Mesa doesn't really need a buff or a nerf if we come to that, mesa is in a pretty good spot if you ask me(in my opinion) even when one of the abilities is almost never used.

One way i see Mesa's 1 could be changed is making it a charged shot or holding mechanic (this would be appropriate as a augment i think) in which you shoot an aoe with small radius with whatever weapon you have equipped or if Mesa's 4 is activated it will shoot with the regulators, having 2-3 seconds of charge time and making it possible to reduce it with natural talent for example.

Just my two cents.

Edited by SoulKing009

1 hour ago, Nubcrawler said:

If you're using the Augment mod Mesa Waltz, increased movement speed by an additional 25% (Maybe add the ability to Roll instead. Not sure.)

Mesa can already roll with Mesa's Waltz, maybe allowing her to jump would be a good change.

1 hour ago, SoulKing009 said:

Having different ideas for frames sure is great but Mesa doesn't really need a buff or a nerf if we come to that, mesa is in a pretty good spot if you ask me(in my opinion) even when one of the abilities is almost never used.

Yes, i agree that Mesa is in a really good spot right now. IMHO she is one of the strongest frames in the game when it comes to straight murdering fools. I however do believe that no ability on ANY warframe should be thought of as "Well, it's here but there is no point to use it?" I would like to see all warframe abilities be usuable or at least have varying uses. 

1 hour ago, SoulKing009 said:

One way i see Mesa's 1 could be changed is making it a charged shot or holding mechanic (this would be appropriate as a augment i think) in which you shoot an aoe with small radius with whatever weapon you have equipped or if Mesa's 4 is activated it will shoot with the regulators, having 2-3 seconds of charge time and making it possible to reduce it with natural talent for example.

This was something else i thought of, having the abilities be a charged shot that does damage in a line. I do like the idea of adding that to her Peacemakers. My only thing is i would like to see less play from Mesa's Peacemaker ability. I think that is one of the key points to Mesa's Ballistic Battery ability. To promote gunplay. Again, not a bad idea though and would definetly be worth looking into/brainstorming about. ^^

24 minutes ago, metaldog564 said:

Mesa can already roll with Mesa's Waltz, maybe allowing her to jump would be a good change.

I had no idea, i didn't even try i just assumed you could not. Then i would probably change this to the Basic jump. No bullet jumping.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I'd just remove the "no knockdown" from her 3rd synergized ability, as that would make her even more immune than she already is. Otherwise seems pretty good.

Yeah, i was thinking about that. There are very few things that CAN actually knock her down though so i didn't think it was too big of a deal. Do you feel that removing that would still make the ability worth enhancing? Another thought i had was having the reflected damage be increased by 25%.