Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher Keeps Crashing After Update [Resolved]

Sithers

Was on Warframe less than an hour ago. Made no system changes, there was no Windows updates that just happened in that time span in fact, I was able to play just fine like normally a few minutes after the update and I was allowed to download the update just fine and launch and play the game like normally but, the second time I tried to open the launcher post update, it now crashes every single time. I tried to verify the game files but, the launcher keeps crashing before it has a chance to verify.

I looked at the topic that the mods here posted but that is back from 2013 and I'm pretty sure is incredibly outdated and even the link they posted no longer exists to help me troubleshoot this sudden turn of events.

Is anyone else suddenly having this problem so I know if it's a bunch of other people and they'll just iron it out if I wait a few hours? If not, anyone have any tips on how to make it stop doing this? This was so sudden despite absolutely no changes being made to my PC as well as me not making any changes at all to Warframe itself.

I've tried restarting my PC, fiddling around with launcher settings, setting my launcher and Warframe to be run as administrator and even verifying integrity failed me so, I'm at a loss here. Now, I've heard rumors that the Discord overlay may cause it to crash but I have that turned off so it has never been a problem and the launcher still crashes even with Discord off.

Dunno what to do now besides hope it's just a bug that a bunch of people are having. Guess my last ditch effort is going to be a reinstall as grueling as this will be with this post to help me if even that doesn't do the trick.

Fix - Reinstalling the game seemed to have done it for me. It sucked but it's times like these I'm glad my internet is incredibly quick. The launcher breaking felt so random.

Edited by Sithers

23 hours ago, Rogue.Runner said:

My launcher doens't crash, but I do crash to desktop upon successfully logging in and appearing on orbiter.  😓

im having the same issue and my game was working perfectly before the update, people say uninstalling razer sdk core components and anything razer from the control panel thing fixes he problem but its not doing anything for me.

I'm having this issue as well. No idea what I can do. Hope a fix comes about (also how is the title of this thread stating that the issue is resolved????)

I've tried re-installing the game but I still insta-crash to desktop the moment I login 😞

Edited by Robscallion