Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secret Room Reward Increase

SirNerdsAlot5

I was doing a T2 Mobile Defense Run and we ran into that one room that has all these power conduits and large cylinders. My clan-mate pointed out that there was a grate up above that was open. Needless to say it was difficult to get to. This grate led to a room that had about 9 crates in it. We got pretty excited! However, not ONE crate dropped a mod.

DE if you're going to make a room that is soooo difficult to get to, make sure there is a reward for that. I absolutely cannot stand that we climbed to the highest room in the tallest tower just for energy and credits. My suggestion for a fix:

Rooms like this that are either difficult to get to, or spawn very little need to have 1-3 golden crates that have 100% of dropping an Uncommon or Rare mod. Obviously Uncommon would pop up more, but it'd be quite the reward for working so hard.

This could also be said for those grand vaults that you are starting to design to be more difficult.

Members I'd like to see your thought on this.

The new version of the vault (the one with a pit) has more crates and i usually get even more mods than the old vault with only a laser pit, pretty noob proof to wallrun and do without any effort.

Same with the parkour course, where there are three rooms in the end, each with a wall that close faster than the previous one. A hell lot of mods there.

So i don't see absolutely any problem with those, that can also be performed by any frame. The secret room you talk about it's like the elevator one.... it's a neat secret and it would be cool they do... but since frames like nova and loki can cheap it away with no effort, i'd rather it stays like this for the time being.

The new version of the vault (the one with a pit) has more crates and i usually get even more mods than the old vault with only a laser pit, pretty noob proof to wallrun and do without any effort.

Same with the parkour course, where there are three rooms in the end, each with a wall that close faster than the previous one. A hell lot of mods there.

So i don't see absolutely any problem with those, that can also be performed by any frame. The secret room you talk about it's like the elevator one.... it's a neat secret and it would be cool they do... but since frames like nova and loki can cheap it away with no effort, i'd rather it stays like this for the time being.

Uh wrong.....the room I speak of is near the ceiling of the tallest room in the tileset. Even with mobile frames it's difficult to spot and get to. The point is, we worked hard to get there and got 0 mods. And even when you DO get mods in Void, they're usually crap, even on T3.

It's actually not at all difficult to get to the one your speaking about in particular, did a video of it - takes no more than 1:46 doing it an unreliable way, since then I've found it can be done in about 60 seconds without any real chance of making any mistakes. I kind of like it how it is, semi chance of getting mods for going through the extra effort, chance of getting nothing.

Uh wrong.....the room I speak of is near the ceiling of the tallest room in the tileset. Even with mobile frames it's difficult to spot and get to. The point is, we worked hard to get there and got 0 mods. And even when you DO get mods in Void, they're usually crap, even on T3.

Lol, you are the one who's wrong... i made it there with rhino and frost prime... you just need to know how to wallrun decently.

And nova and loki can reach it with skills without lifting a finger, so i don't know what the hell you are talking about when you say it's wrong.

Also, best mods come from vaults and other treasure boxes in void.... continuity, focus, flow, etc..... in fact, since the new droptable... i practically haven't seen any rare mod in anything other than the void

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC5NJAB_CPg

Both to verify we're talking about the same room and point out why it's not hard enough to warrant 100% mod chance, I mean at most it warrants the same % the obstacle course and such go on, which I think it already does.

Doing it the easy way is about the same, except you jump toward the nearest wall and land on the edge, and just walk around the room rather than risking the jump across & jump down portion. 

Edited by Azraill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC5NJAB_CPg

Both to verify we're talking about the same room and point out why it's not hard enough to warrant 100% of mods.

That's doing it the hard way, but easily. about a minute to get up there.

Doing it the easy way is about the same, except you jump toward the nearest wall and land on the edge, and just walk around the room rather than risking the jump across & jump down portion.

Try getting 4 ppl up there with different frames.

Try getting 4 ppl up there with different frames.

Frames don't really matter, as someone else has said - he used Rhino; and I don't have Rush/ect on that Volt in the video, nor did I ever use speed, it's just a matter of player skill being able to spin the camera and keep the wall run going; if someone in the team can't do it they need to take ten minutes to practice it out. I've gotten up there with Frost Prime reliably, easily, no different than Volt.

Been up there with a full team before, had one person struggle for thirty minutes at it and even he admitted he needed to practice wall running more as he just never used wall running to go back and forth up a wall before. Once he got the hang of it, was easy. 

Frames don't really matter, as someone else has said - he used Rhino; and I don't have Rush/ect on that Volt in the video, nor did I ever use speed, it's just a matter of player skill being able to spin the camera and keep the wall run going; if someone in the team can't do it they need to take ten minutes to practice it out. I've gotten up there with Frost Prime reliably, easily, no different than Volt.

Been up there with a full team before, had one person struggle for thirty minutes at it and even he admitted he needed to practice wall running more as he just never used wall running to go back and forth up a wall before. Once he got the hang of it, was easy. 

But you're still missing the point. It's not the difficulty alone. It's that you have to know about it in the first place and then get up there. To discover it climb up there all excited and get 0 mods is a bit ridiculous.

The issue is you got unlucky enough for 0 mods, the first time I found .. at least I believe it was that vent room - got two mods out of the deal. Then I went after the obstacle course - risked my life and wallran above the beams and when I got into the main chamber.. got jack squat from all the pots, that - was disappointing - but then would do it again and nail 4-5 mods. 

I don't think 100% mod chance is ever a viable solution, or I'll feel required to go up there every damn void mission I do, instead of just doing it when I feel like doing a parkour run for the 50/50 I might get something out of it. 

Not trying to be a buzz kill ;3 I just don't like the idea of it.

I don't think 100% mod chance is ever a viable solution, or I'll feel required to go up there every damn void mission I do, instead of just doing it when I feel like doing a parkour run for the 50/50 I might get something out of it. 

Not trying to be a buzz kill ;3 I just don't like the idea of it.

100% only on 1-3 crates out of the say 10 in the room. It's viable.

Edited by Grandmaster-Builder5

100% only on 1-3 crates out of the say 10 in the room. It's viable.

Last post I'm making regarding this, but 1-3 crates @ 100% = I am required to go there everytime I see the room, because I know there is 100% I'll grab 1-3 mods up there, why the hell wouldn't I, now it's just an easy task that's repetitive with no threat, just a time sink. At least the time trials have points in which you can fail and even get killed.

This room is just like the chest-room filled with what, 10 boxes and 10 crates? Sometimes you get a mod, more often than not you don't; but your welcome to check in on it, and welcome to just ignore it because odds are pretty 50 / 50. I prefer that over everytime I see these parkour rooms (which I'm fairly certain I know them all at this point) feeling required to do them because I know there is a "100%" if I do.

I'm not saying anyone else should agree with me, nor would I keel'over and be pissed if DE agreed with you and did this; I'm just stating my opinion on it ;D take it or leave it; will just be annoying for me personally.

Edited by Azraill

Last post I'm making regarding this, but 1-3 crates @ 100% = I am required to go there everytime I see the room, because I know there is 100% I'll grab 1-3 mods up there, why the hell wouldn't I, now it's just an easy task that's repetitive with no threat, just a time sink. At least the time trials have points in which you can fail and even get killed.

This room is just like the chest-room filled with what, 10 boxes and 10 crates? Sometimes you get a mod, more often than not you don't; but your welcome to check in on it, and welcome to just ignore it because odds are pretty 50 / 50. I prefer that over everytime I see these parkour rooms (which I'm fairly certain I know them all at this point) feeling required to do them because I know there is a "100%" if I do.

I'm not saying anyone else should agree with me, nor would I keel'over and be &!$$ed if DE agreed with you and did this; I'm just stating my opinion on it ;D take it or leave it; will just be annoying for me personally.

One last detail to point out. This is not for every treasure room. This is only for the gauntlet type rooms and harder to reach areas. Pakour room would not be one of those.

Everyone and their mother seems to know about this 'secret' room (probably thanks to youtube videos bragging about it incessantly).  The only 'secret' about it is that it's not worth going to.  And it's easily the most tedious secret room of them all, if you're not a Loki or Nova.

What might be interesting is if it (and certain other worthless supply rooms) only dropped Common mods.

Thus, it would always give you something special, but you could still skip it without missing anything great.

Everytime ive set foot in this room no mods.

Every vault room/run ive been to always mods, even if its just one.

Effort > Reward I think we can all agree on that.

i dont even think its worth wasted energy with 4 energy siphons =D

Edited by Big_Ed

Everyone and their mother seems to know about this 'secret' room (probably thanks to youtube videos bragging about it incessantly). The only 'secret' about it is that it's not worth going to. And it's easily the most tedious secret room of them all, if you're not a Loki or Nova.

Actually, I tried to get a Decoy in the vent and ledge, but no matter how close I stand, the Decoy ability doesn't have the range to get to the vent.

The only thing Loki does is allow you to skip the easy parts.

Edited by Jefftiffy