Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

E.M.P.O.W.R - Precision Marksman Rifle (Corpus Theme - Rifle Concept)(Art Included)

(PSN)TwistedInstincts

vvwimYd.png=========================================================================

System Capabilities - Experiment #23, Field Report.

‘E.M.P.O.W.R’ - "Electro-Magnetic Propulsion Ordinance, Weapon-model: Rifle.”

Subject: (Project E.M.P.O.W.R) Prototype #Mk1.01.0

Class: Semi-Auto Ballistic Rifle system, built in Mag-Launch rail system.

Model: Prototype Test Item: Designation #Mk.1.01.0 (Prototype)

• Schematic files not found in database. Prototype not found; recreation incomplete.

Build: High caliber ballistic rifle capable of alternate firing models. Primary fire is a Semi-Auto function powered by Magnetic Blast propulsion resulting in a rapid fire, high power ordinance discharge. Built in weaponry systems adjust to environmental and enemy influence and increase damage accordingly. Improvements in ordinance fusion technology has allowed the introduction of an alternate firing mode utilizing multiple shots of ammunition for a single large payload. Powered by a full rail-launch system, this heavy caliber ballistic shot allows removal of high armor targets in minimum time frames. Rail-launch system requires a mandatory charge time to accelerate the payload to maximum velocity.

Report: Field crews report testing grounds show signs of combat. Void energy signatures detected, Tenno interference deemed highest possibility. Prototype #Mk.1.01.0 not retrieved.

Risk Assessment: Security Class 5 cleared. E.M.P.O.W.R prototype believed to be in enemy hands. Risk Levels exceed acceptable margins; retaliation and retrieval are of the highest priority. Failure will not be tolerated.

=========================================================================

Concept Art:

Spoiler

mtNOaxo.png

All art including the concept sketches:   https://imgur.com/a/OYvlGII

Weapon Stats:

Spoiler

Base Weapon Stats:

Spoiler

Type: Primary Rifle

Trigger Type: Semi-auto / Charge Shot

Mastery: MR 9

Noise Level: Alarming

Magazine: 14

Max Ammo: 550

Reload: 2.2 seconds.

Polarities: Madurai

Damage Stats - Semi-Auto (Primary):

Spoiler

| Slash: 10  / Puncture: 35  / Impact: 15 |   Total: 60

Critical Chance: 20%

Critical Damage: 2.0x

Accuracy: 27.6

Fire Rate: 4.00 /sec

Passive - Combat Adaptation: Landing 3 consecutive headshots will increase this weapons damage for a short time. Landing a headshot with every bullet in the magazine will double the speed of this weapons next reload.

• Headshots: Must be consecutive. Successive headshots must be within 5 seconds of the previous to count towards the total.

• Damage bonus: +10% per Stack. Max of 3 stacks (+30%).

• Duration: 8 seconds. Getting another 3 headshots will add a stack and reset the timer, or reset the timer at 3 stacks.

Damage - Charge Shot (Alternate Fire)

Spoiler

| Slash: 35  / Puncture: 50  / Impact: 35 |   Total: 120

Critical Chance: 30%

Accuracy: 19.8

Charge Rate: 1.80 sec

Charge Shot - Mag-Rail Launcher: Consumes all the ammunition remaining in the magazine and fires a high caliber shot. The larger the percentage of the magazine consumed, the higher the damage of the shot.

Damage Bonus: Bonus is based on the percentage of the magazine capacity consumed. +70% bonus damage maximum.

Eg: 100% (14 Shots default) = +70% damage, 50% (7 Shots default) = +35% damage etc.

The 30% damage bonus gained from the 'Combat Adaptation' passive is additive to this damage bonus. This makes it possible to achieve a charged shot that deals an extra 100% (70% + 30%) damage should all the requirements be met.

Landing a headshot will only count as one shot towards the Combat Adaptation damage bonus, however landing headshot that was charged with a full magazine will activate the reload speed bonus.

Designer Notes:

Spoiler

Well would you look at that, not only did I get around to doing a weapon concept after like 5 warframes but I also finished the art for it. Miracles are real. Anyway, welcome to the E.M.P.O.W.R. Tactical Rifle. This concept started off as a wish to design a semi-auto rifle that wasn't immediately sectioned off into the unused set of weapons like most of the ones present in game. The problem with the current SA Rifles is that the damage they do per shot doesn't make up for the power that a fully automatic weapon can dish out in the same time, whether it be straight up damage or status inflicting. This weapon attempts to fix one of these issues by rewarding great damage to those with the marksmanship to use it. 

Now, the first thing I had to address with the design was how to award a damage buff to a player without making it a broken as hell weapon that you can run and gun with. Headshots, whilst easy to get after a little practice, are still a consistent method of rewarding and maintaining the buffs. The need to keep the buff active in order to maintain a high damage output means that this gun requires players to take some more time to get the headshots if they wish for the best results. As for the alternate Charge Shot, I just wanted an Alternate fire mode that wasn't lackluster or outshined the primary fire. I find the easiest way to do that is make the two of them rely on each other for the best results. Players who could master the management of the weapons mechanics could attain a high amount of DPS and be capable of a burst down kill on stronger targets should it be needed. 

Now should anyone question the power of the Charge Shot, I openly accept all criticism should you feel it is too powerful. However I would like to note that in order to achieve the +100% damage on the charged shot you would need to achieve 3 consecutive headshots 3 seperate times and then use 14 ammo on a single shot. I find this cost a good balance for the reward, however feel free to talk about that in the comments. 

I'd like to finish off by saying thanks for reading my Concept. I hope you enjoyed it and look forward to hearing any feedback. Thanks.

Edit 1: Grammar issues and Post Clean up.

Edit 2: Changed the title to be 'Precision Marksman Rifle'.

Edited by (PS4)TwistedInstincts

2 hours ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

vvwimYd.png=========================================================================

System Capabilities - Experiment #23, Field Report.

‘E.M.P.O.W.R’ - "Electro-Magnetic Propulsion Ordinance, Weapon-model: Rifle.”

Subject: (Project E.M.P.O.W.R) Prototype #Mk1.01.0

Class: Semi-Auto Ballistic Rifle system, built in Mag-Launch rail system.

Model: Prototype Test Item: Designation #Mk.1.01.0 (Prototype)

• Schematic files not found in database. Prototype not found; recreation incomplete.

Build: High caliber ballistic rifle capable of alternate firing models. Primary fire is a Semi-Auto function powered by Magnetic Blast propulsion resulting in a rapid fire, high power ordinance discharge. Built in weaponry systems adjust to environmental and enemy influence and increase damage accordingly. Improvements in ordinance fusion technology has allowed the introduction of an alternate firing mode utilizing multiple shots of ammunition for a single large payload. Powered by a full rail-launch system, this heavy caliber ballistic shot allows removal of high armor targets in minimum time frames. Rail-launch system requires a mandatory charge time to accelerate the payload to maximum velocity.

Report: Field crews report testing grounds show signs of combat. Void energy signatures detected, Tenno interference deemed highest possibility. Prototype #Mk.1.01.0 not retrieved.

Risk Assessment: Security Class 5 cleared. E.M.P.O.W.R prototype believed to be in enemy hands. Risk Levels exceed acceptable margins; retaliation and retrieval are of the highest priority. Failure will not be tolerated.

=========================================================================

Concept Art:

Hide contents

mtNOaxo.png

All art including the concept sketches:   https://imgur.com/a/OYvlGII

Weapon Stats:

Hide contents

Base Weapon Stats:

Reveal hidden contents

Type: Primary Rifle

Trigger Type: Semi-auto / Charge Shot

Mastery: MR 9

Noise Level: Alarming

Magazine: 14

Max Ammo: 550

Reload: 2.2 seconds.

Polarities: Madurai

Damage Stats - Semi-Auto (Primary):

Reveal hidden contents

| Slash: 10  / Puncture: 35  / Impact: 15 |   Total: 60

Critical Chance: 20%

Accuracy: 27.6

Fire Rate: 4.00 /sec

Passive - Combat Adaptation: Landing 3 consecutive headshots will increase this weapons damage for a short time. Landing a headshot with every bullet in the magazine will double the speed of this weapons next reload.

• Headshots: Must be consecutive. Successive headshots must be within 5 seconds of the previous to count towards the total.

• Damage bonus: +10% per Stack. Max of 3 stacks (+30%).

• Duration: 8 seconds. Getting another 3 headshots will add a stack and reset the timer, or reset the timer at 3 stacks.

Damage - Charge Shot (Alternate Fire)

Reveal hidden contents

| Slash: 35  / Puncture: 50  / Impact: 35 |   Total: 120

Critical Chance: 30%

Accuracy: 19.8

Charge Rate: 1.80 sec

Charge Shot - Mag-Rail Launcher: Consumes all the ammunition remaining in the magazine and fires a high caliber shot. The larger the percentage of the magazine consumed, the higher the damage of the shot.

Damage Bonus: Bonus is based on the percentage of the magazine capacity consumed. +70% bonus damage maximum.

Eg: 100% (14 Shots default) = +70% damage, 50% (7 Shots default) = +35% damage etc.

The 30% damage bonus gained from the 'Combat Adaptation' passive is additive to this damage bonus. This makes it possible to achieve a charged shot that deals an extra 100% (70% + 30%) damage should all the requirements be met.

Landing a headshot will only count as one shot towards the Combat Adaptation damage bonus, however landing headshot that was charged with a full magazine will activate the reload speed bonus.

Designer Notes:

Hide contents

Well would you look at that, not only did I get around to doing a weapon concept after like 5 warframes but I also finished the art for it. Miracles are real. Anyway, welcome to the E.M.P.O.W.R. Tactical Rifle. This concept started off as a wish to design a semi-auto rifle that wasn't immediately sectioned off into the unused set of weapons like most of the ones present in game. The problem with the current SA Rifles is that the damage they do per shot doesn't make up for the power that a fully automatic weapon can dish out in the same time, whether it be straight up damage or status inflicting. This weapon attempts to fix one of these issues by rewarding great damage to those with the marksmanship to use it. 

Now, the first thing I had to address with the design was how to award a damage buff to a player without making it a broken as hell weapon that you can run and gun with. Headshots, whilst easy to get after a little practice, are still a consistent method of rewarding and maintaining the buffs. The need to keep the buff active in order to maintain a high damage output means that this gun requires players to take some more time to get the headshots if they wish for the best results. As for the alternate Charge Shot, I just wanted an Alternate fire mode that wasn't lackluster or outshined the primary fire. I find the easiest way to do that is make the two of them rely on each other for the best results. Players who could master the management of the weapons mechanics could attain a high amount of DPS and be capable of a burst down kill on stronger targets should it be needed. 

Now should anyone question the power of the Charge Shot, I openly accept all criticism should you feel it is too powerful. However I would like to note that in order to achieve the +100% damage on the charged shot you would need to achieve 3 consecutive headshots 3 seperate times and then use 14 ammo on a single shot. I find this cost a good balance for the reward, however feel free to talk about that in the comments. 

I'd like to finish off by saying thanks for reading my Concept. I hope you enjoyed it and look forward to hearing any feedback. Thanks.

Edit 1: Grammar issues and Post Clean up.

I want it and seems like a great idea.  We don't have a corpus-like AR.  So I'd like to add that when you change fire modes the sight changes as well.  Your drawing seems as the scope is animated.  That'd be a nice touch.  I have other ideas on how it could look cool, but that's all I'm going to say for now. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)BabyBoi6769 said:

I want it and seems like a great idea.  We don't have a corpus-like AR.  So I'd like to add that when you change fire modes the sight changes as well.  Your drawing seems as the scope is animated.  That'd be a nice touch.  I have other ideas on how it could look cool, but that's all I'm going to say for now

I think you are mistaken, the drawing depicts the magazine that slots into the top of the gun. That's on me, I didn't have any labels or markers. Although the idea of an animated sight still sounds good. Although personally I only like to scope in with snipers in game. Personal preference though.

And with the alternate fire, it wouldn't be a separate fire mode like switching between semi and full auto, but more like the operators amp wherein pressing the alternate fire immediately fires it.

Edited by (PS4)TwistedInstincts

16 hours ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

I think you are mistaken, the drawing depicts the magazine that slots into the top of the gun. That's on me, I didn't have any labels or markers. Although the idea of an animated sight still sounds good. Although personally I only like to scope in with snipers in game. Personal preference though.

And with the alternate fire, it wouldn't be a separate fire mode like switching between semi and full auto, but more like the operators amp wherein pressing the alternate fire immediately fires it.

All good man.  We're here to make each other better. I see what you mean by the mag goes in on the top. It slides in like a battery with charges on it indicated by the lights or something like on the sides.  So are you saying you like the animated scopes on the snipers we have in game right now? Well I could certainly see that for this gun in particular again if you were to integrate my idea of an animated scope/sight that changes with the firing mode. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)BabyBoi6769 said:

All good man.  We're here to make each other better. I see what you mean by the mag goes in on the top. It slides in like a battery with charges on it indicated by the lights or something like on the sides.  So are you saying you like the animated scopes on the snipers we have in game right now? Well I could certainly see that for this gun in particular again if you were to integrate my idea of an animated scope/sight that changes with the firing mode. 

I did think about it after replying before actually, It's intended to be a high precision rifle so a scope actually makes sense. Not a high zoom scope, but maybe 1.5x - 2.5x zoom. Might have the scope be toggle-able with the usual firing mode switch button so that you can switch between the scope type you want on the fly.