Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for making so many timed missions

Asdryu

And I'm obvsiouly being completely sarcastic on that title of mine, because how could someone love a game that plays with you instead?
Tried to do the catalyst conflict in time, but no, once again the game played with me. Did 2 mobile defenses and before the last mission, the conflict ended. As a mocking, the other reward had a simple sabotage.

Could've done the kuva flood before the change of hour, but no, I decided that maybe it was a better idea for a catalyst. And no, it wasn't because "timed missions".

What's so thrilling on keeping this theme? Onsalught is timed too and that's the biggest let down of it.
Please, make more of those in Fortuna, so you can kill the last remaining bit of joy I gain from playing this game, so that I can ditch it and don't come back again.

What's so wrong instead of keep making missions that  relies on our efficiency to accomplish them?
Defense is the last pinnacle of it: it's not timed and it's an endless mission, but its waves are determined on how fast we manage to dispose of the incoming threat.

This is where Railjack instead feels smart and smug above everything else: instead of having us to wait for a stupid timer to run out, for once, it seems that we actually won't have time to sit around (it's the opposite way).
That's good: the game is throwing me a solid obstacle. Maybe I'll want to take an appropriate arsenal that people have spent their time on making it. I see nothing wrong with it.

"Isn't Onslaught like that after a while?"
No. "Onslaught" could've well been us needing to kill enough enemies as fast as possible in order to not make Simaris sick of us and stop creating portals. It's a very thin line of a difference, but it's tangible. It would go even better against the method of spamming abilities. Think that I would spam Saryn's molt to kill enemies quicker with an efficient build: I wouldn't be able to do that because Simaris would block me. Simaris already blocks me, yes, but it feels more like a forced cooldown rather than a problem I'll have to face and plan my actions around it.

Edited by Asdryu

19 minutes ago, Lannen said:

Invasions aren't timed, they are finished when one side has more completed missions than the other. So other people playing the mission are what made it end, not some timer.

That's not entirely accurate. If an Invasion has been active for a very long time the faction in the lead at that time will slowly gain until it finishes.

Of course this wouldn't apply to a Catalyst Invasion though.

8 hours ago, Lannen said:

Invasions aren't timed, they are finished when one side has more completed missions than the other. So other people playing the mission are what made it end, not some timer.

Aaand you just read the title and replied, didn't you?
I was talking about the mission I had to do in the invasion, not the invasion itself. If I had to do the sabotage I would have done it without a problem because I could count on my speed, not waiting for a console (oh yeah, actually 3) to be done by itself

Edited by Asdryu

42 minutes ago, Asdryu said:

Aaand you just read the title and replied, didn't you?
I was talking about the mission I had to do in the invasion, not the invasion itself. If I had to do the sabotage I would have done it without a problem because I could count on my speed, not waiting for a console (oh yeah, actually 3) to be done by itself

No I read it before replying, I would have had to as you didn't mention invasions in your title. It just sounded like you were upset that the invasion ended and thought it had run out of time. You went off on a bit of a rant that wandered from the point I think, so I misunderstood I suppose, and that's my fault. 

With that context, I do think invasions could benefit not so much from removing missions with timers (as quite a few modes use them) but at least forcing mirroring. If the attacking faction is doing mobile defense to take certain data points, should the defending team not also being launching a team to take back those data points? Keeps everybody moving through missions at a similar pacing instead of the all too often sight of: one side Defense for 5min/10min whatever they are at these days vs the other side Capture which is done in less than a minute.