Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physics Impact Damage On Melee - Can We Look Into This?

Fundance

Recently I've been using the Amphis, leveling it for Mastery. Like the Bo and other physics type melee weapons, attacks send enemies flying about on death, which is a neat aesthetic touch and all.

However, projectiles that use physics damage such as bows, bolts and kunai have the additional property of damaging enemies hit by the flying bodies. I'm curious as to whether it's intentional that this applies to projectiles, but not melee?

Thinking it over, it would make a lot of sense if physics impact weapons like the bo staff, Amphis, and fists would damage enemies with flying bodies in the same way that projectiles do. It would give the Bo and Amphis a much needed buff to their crowd control properties. It would also relieve the fist weapons of being single-target only, provided that they kill their target. Furax would be able to charge punch through mobs of enemies and kogake's rapid fire punches would spread damage around it as the bodies fly, compensating for its inability to hit multiple targets and further amplifying its role as a weapon that balances crowd control and damage in exchange for range.

And even more importantly, a change like this would make these weapons a whole lot more fun on top of making them more viable over other armor-ignore weapons like fang prime and ethers.

So what do we think? Allow melee weapons that deal physics impact damage to inflict damage with flying bodies?

Kestrel ragdolling people into more people? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

To the topic, I think the projectile weapons are doing damage more to the tune of already impaled enemies falling backwards into more enemies, with the tip of that arrow/bolt/needle stick out of the back of them, which stabs the guy they hit.

Well, Kestrel ragdolls is forcefield type damage rather than physics impact. But anyway, while I guess I can understand the 'pinning' argument from PI projectiles, surely a body sent flying from a Furax's falcon punch is going to at least knock some fools over.

Recently I've been using the Amphis, leveling it for Mastery. Like the Bo and other physics type melee weapons, attacks send enemies flying about on death, which is a neat aesthetic touch and all.

However, projectiles that use physics damage such as bows, bolts and kunai have the additional property of damaging enemies hit by the flying bodies. I'm curious as to whether it's intentional that this applies to projectiles, but not melee?

That's because the arrows and knives go through the enemy.  Enemies don't impact into each other for damage.  With my Paris I could take the head off one Grineer and the arrow would keep going and hit the guy behind.  It just looks like ragdolls do damage, when it's still the projectile.

It's easier to see with Dread because it tears targets apart more than penetrates, so you'll have a guy split in two why the guy behind impales into the wall.

Edited by Nagisawa

That's because the arrows and knives go through the enemy.  Enemies don't impact into each other for damage.  With my Paris I could take the head off one Grineer and the arrow would keep going and hit the guy behind.  It just looks like ragdolls do damage, when it's still the projectile.

It's easier to see with Dread because it tears targets apart more than penetrates, so you'll have a guy split in two why the guy behind impales into the wall.

So projectiles with physics impact damage have something like an innate puncture rather than causing damage by flying bodies?

Because the way it's currently explained on the wiki, bodies sent flying by weapons like this take on the damage of the projectile itself when they impact into other enemies.

Edited by Fundance

also adding some weight to the bodies...grineers looks like they weight a ton with all that armor and just flies away like a baloon when hit by a kestrel or kogake, that would make the body-to-body impact a little more "real"

Doesn't matter, this is warframe, we can swing swords fast enough to cut through vehicle platings.