The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

warframe completly shuts down my PC

misternoxx

After playing for less than an hour, my computer just shuts off, no warning, no blue screen. I've tried reinstalling, optimising the game, playing on low graphics. I sent crash logs to the warframe support. nothing was helping.

Computer specs are: 

-windows 7 64 bits

-z370 aorus gaming 5 motherboard

-intel i7-8700 3.70 GHz processor

-nvidea gtx 970 video card

-16 g of ram

-650w power supply

Warframe has been randomly restarting my computer exactly since the 23.1.1 update.

I've checked my temps, I've checked my power draw, I've checked my drivers, I've played with settings, I've tried to replicate the problem on other games (it's only Warframe), nothing has helped.

Win10 64bit

i7 4790k

GTX 1080

8GB RAM

750W PSU

Same deal...except my computer doesn't shut down but warframe is constantly crashing and never did before.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz    53 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1200MHz (11-13-13-31)
Motherboard
    MSI Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917) (SOCKET 0)    36 °C
Graphics
    Optix G24C (1920x1080@144Hz)
    3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (PNY)    61 °C
Storage
    465GB Western Digital WDC WDBNCE5000PNC-WRSN (SATA (SSD))    25 °C
Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

it's not just you man, i also have this problem. But it's only with Warframe, no other game does this and i even stress tested my pc on 3dmark for two hours because people keep saying its the "PSU" but it's obviously not..

11 hours ago, Sarafax said:

it's not just you man, i also have this problem. But it's only with Warframe, no other game does this and i even stress tested my pc on 3dmark for two hours because people keep saying its the "PSU" but it's obviously not..

I even checked the voltages on my PSU to make sure it was healthy, which it is. 

The reason I didn't originally post on the forums is because I knew everyone was just going to say "PSU PSU PSU" when I already knew for a fact it wasn't.

EDIT: A strange thing I've noticed about it restarting my computer is it will also change a few random in game settings every time it does, one times it changed my menu size, one time it changed my mod sorting order ect. Every time one or two random settings will be changed when I log back in.

Edited by Kuroteiryuu

At first I encountered this problem when trying for the first time Kuva Syphon missions now since the hot fix it happens whenever. I can Play any other game MWO, Fallout 4, Skyrim SE, Borderlands 2, Xcom 2, Civ 6, I can literally keep going I have alot of games. Only Warframe forces my computer to shut down no error message nothing just shuts down. I tryed re-installing the game no luck, I dont have razer or whatever it is at all on my computer, my nvidia overlay is not on. Yet the game as it is since the hot fix is unplayable for me.

*Edit*

I found my problem might be due to the psu acting up - I was sure it was not the problem due to the fact it is only a year old, But when I noticed the coolermaster was not making noise I clued in that must be the cause of my troubles. Thankfully with some hick workarounds I have been able to get the system working again, still is weird that it first acted up with warframe and not the other games but it does make sense.

Edited by PrismBlack
New info

9 hours ago, PrismBlack said:

At first I encountered this problem when trying for the first time Kuva Syphon missions now since the hot fix it happens whenever. I can Play any other game MWO, Fallout 4, Skyrim SE, Borderlands 2, Xcom 2, Civ 6, I can literally keep going I have alot of games. Only Warframe forces my computer to shut down no error message nothing just shuts down. I tryed re-installing the game no luck, I dont have razer or whatever it is at all on my computer, my nvidia overlay is not on. Yet the game as it is since the hot fix is unplayable for me.

*Edit*

I found my problem might be due to the psu acting up - I was sure it was not the problem due to the fact it is only a year old, But when I noticed the coolermaster was not making noise I clued in that must be the cause of my troubles. Thankfully with some hick workarounds I have been able to get the system working again, still is weird that it first acted up with warframe and not the other games but it does make sense.

But what is the probability that was all have the exact same problem with a psu?, where it is only Warframe that causes the reset, the likelihood is astronomical with just 2 of us, but 5 of us?.. We should be buying lottery tickets.

Edited by Sarafax

I fixed mine by first turning off the SLI. Then remembered I had overclocked my gpus and so I put it back to factory settings and renabled SLI and no problems so far. Still strange that Warframe was the only program to react in such a way.