Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Slots And Weapon Slots Idea

Jefftiffy

Maybe the Dev's can make craftable slots in a way while still keeping the feel of the game and the lore.

Now this would fit with the game perfectly right now. We can have craftable "Warframe Cryopods" and "Weapon Racks". I was thinking that these would be very similar to how Warframes are built where you need to gather the prints for each part and make the part and combine them all together with a main blueprint and possibly a rare resource (not sure about this part). These would have a "Mount ____" option once finished in the foundry. This way if trading comes into the game, you still have to make the Pods yourself.

Now as to finding the prints, I would think of either a special part of the Void where you can find these new parts (completion rewards) or mixing them into the current tables (highly unadvised due to some of the already rare other items) as well as even into some of the Endless Defense mission Rewards at 15 and further.

Another, idea I thought of is the possibility of a hard to reach room that can spawn in some normal missions that have a chance of spawning a "Damaged Cryopod" where you can occasionally find a piece of the Pod/blueprint.

This would cover about the only thing I see in this game that does effect gameplay but isn't available to people who don't buy Platinum.

Edited by Jefftiffy

I'm okay with slots as they are. 

I believe the main donations of the game comes from formas, slots and catalysts. If people start to obtain that a lot, DE will suffer.

DE needs to survive somehow to the free players be able to play.

Yep same here. I can get as many slots as i wanted cause im a founder but if they made it craftable it would be unfair to all platinum buyers and founders.

you just took this idea from another thread from what... 5 min ago?

even if you didnt (does not matter), its an old well talked about topic.

ill just copy paste a bit i said from the other post:

no.

lets be frank here. DE is not in the business to give out awesome free stuff. they give out what they do because there is a business model in place to make them profit. a fairly large part of that model is the money they make via plat for slots. take away their profit, we lose updates and fast. this does not excuse them and some of their more "derp" ways of getting plat out of its players (rush, im looking at you).

Two things...

1) The starting 50 platinum is enough to get you started on slots. 2 Weapon purchases and 1 Warframe slot [so a additional 4 weapons to hold and be able to have 3 warframes]. With that start, most people don't even complain about it because they either sell weapons that they find weaker than the others they have, and be able to have some craft-able weapons ready to make to try out some more.

2) They have talked about making it so that Mastery Ranking would increase your Slot usage in a livestream long time ago. However that idea everyone forgot so we just need the DE to remind everyone that the idea is still there and being worked on. Possibly for Update 10.

I'm okay with slots as they are. 

I believe the main donations of the game comes from formas, slots and catalysts. If people start to obtain that a lot, DE will suffer.

DE needs to survive somehow to the free players be able to play.

Yeah, i've only bought orokin catalysts/reactors and slots. I have never bought forma, because they appear somewhat often in alerts, or void missions.

It's a great idea that mastery rank could increase your weapon and warframe slot count. Maybe not every time you rank, but possibly every few mastery ranks. It would also be something to give those completely Free-to-Play players the initiative to keep playing after hours of gameplay.

The best way to do so, would be to have it a bit heavier on the weapon slot side. Since you will build new weapons much more often than you will build new warframes.

Mastery Rank 2 = 1 Weapon Slot
Mastery Rank 4 = 1 Weapon Slot

Mastery Rank 6 = 1 Warframe Slot

Mastery Rank 8 = 1 Weapon Slot

Mastery Rank 10 = 1 Warframe Slot

The time it takes to get to some of these mastery ranks more than enough speaks for itself when I say it won't affect those who are currently buying weapon and frame slots. These would be awarded so slowly, those who wish to pay for more slots, will, without a doubt, continue paying for more.

I also don't believe slots are a main percentage of DE's Warframe income. I see a lot of people running around with sentinels and weapons they sure as hell didn't farm.

Edited by KingKeif

Yeah, i've only bought orokin catalysts/reactors and slots. I have never bought forma, because they appear somewhat often in alerts, or void missions.

But the thing is as a noob do you really expect people to know about this? They have 50 Plat and go to spend it on things they shouldn't. I personally got a mod pack and a Orokin Reactor. I really should have gotten the slot but I didn't know and that hurt me.

This game isn't really forgiving for noobs. Period.

Just look at the low levels, if the noobs don't go for headshots they can't solo very easily. If they don't know the mechanics or late game, they get hurt by losing opportunities.

I honestly didn't fully understand the complete scope of the game until around 40 hours played. First 24 hours are relatively easy and straight forward. After that you learn how to play and by about 40 hours or so you know enough to be decent if not skilled at this game.

I know I made a stupid decision as a noob and take full blame for that, but I do want to see people actually be able to expand their Slots in some sort of way. This was just my idea. Just look at every other game. You get a set number of slots at a low rank and can eventually unlock more as you level up.