Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Builds

Beanst

Question

Hello Fellow Tenno,

I am currently farming for Ember components, and i have 2 questions on her:

1) What is the drop rate for her components form Ruk? Is there a set drop rate compared to like WoW?

2) Once she is finished, what is the best way to build her? THis is in reference to modding AND Weapon choices. TO my understanding she is great against Infested and comes up short on Corpus, so I figured her weapon should be something good against corpus. But thats all i know.

Please advise. :)

7 answers to this question

well, fellow tenno, i am an avid rhino user myself but i loved it back when i was an excalibur as well, i think that ember and excal. are on the same page, both being a more dps class than something like trinity/banshee(supporT) dph(loki/ash) or tank(rhino/frost). not only thatt, but excal is good with blades the only weakness to EVERY ENEMY IN THE GAME,(with right modz) however i learned it's best to reinforce what you're frame's already good at, and by doing that, you will passively get better at things you are weaker at, that is my advice , use it wisely comorade

btw this is an answer to #2

Edited by SupahEpicFace

Fireball is worthless. Overheat is essential. Fireblast is decent enough to have. World on Fire is damn amazing. Get a potato on it as soon as you can.

My build consists of Focus, Continuity, Constitution, Stretch, Flow, Streamline, Enemy Sense, and Energy Siphon. To get this build, I used 3 Forma (Bar Aura polarity and two V mod polarities), though I think 2 will work just fine, but you won't be able to swap out Enemy Sense for something that requires more points (like Master Thief or a really high Redirection).

Overheat is more or less essential for surviving high level enemies. The damage resistance it offers with Focus is insane. Because of this, you can forgo defensive mods and deal out nothing but damage.

The best way I see to mod an Ember is an Overheat, WoF build. Just Burninate everything.

As for weapons, it doesn't really matter. It depends on your playstyle.

This right here.

Fireblast is not so good.  The mob has to actually cross the ring of fire before taking damage, and standing inside the ring does nothing.  WoF is a better use of energy.