Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help A Needy Man, Maybe?

CalebQuincy

Question

So I recently acquired my Dual Cleavers to level up for mastery points.

Let's say I've not potato'd any of my weapons yet, and I am considering to make this my first 60-mod weaponry. Is it advisable to do so, given the fact that

- This melee weapon staggers on every strike,

- It has a high critical chance of 25% (along with critical damage of 300%), and

- Its charged attack speed is almost instantaneous?

Regarding the last point, I'm thinking of whether to do a normal-slashing build (Emphasis on consistent staggering) or a Charged Attack one (Focusing on DMG + Utility). I was leaning towards the former, but the fact that it has a low base damage turns me off, as I feel that boosting my damage on charged attacks (despite it having a ridiculously poor 55 damage) is much better off with the higher value. Of course having stated this, I'd like to note that I'll still prioritize building on crits first, no matter what.

Finally, how do you guys manage enemies above levels 50? Do you go to the extend of putting all mods with damages on your weaponry? Kinda curious since I see teammates shredding through them and I'm here taking my own sweet time in killing them one-by-one.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edited by Xilhouette

6 answers to this question

I recommend slashing build.

Fury + Pressure Point, and eventually those crit mods.

Stagger on every hit + Fury = stunlocking enemies

And with maxed Fury, Cleavers are as good mobility enchancer as Dual Zoren, you can easily perform Zorencopter with them.

Enemies after 50? Well, since almost only Armor parameter is scaling Armor Piercing or Armor Ignore is a must-have. Try to have AP on your every weapon.

I recommend slashing build.

Fury + Pressure Point, and eventually those crit mods.

Stagger on every hit + Fury = stunlocking enemies

And with maxed Fury, Cleavers are as good mobility enchancer as Dual Zoren, you can easily perform Zorencopter with them.

Enemies after 50? Well, since almost only Armor parameter is scaling Armor Piercing or Armor Ignore is a must-have. Try to have AP on your every weapon.

Dual Cleavers and Zorens are mainly used for utility, the famed Zoren Copter.

People normally use Armor Ignore weapons or Heavy Melee weapons if they desire to use melee to decimate their enemies.

Thanks you two!

I would seriously consider potatoing a gun before a melee weapon, since guns > melee. But that's just me.

By the way, AP damage and + base damage is the basic.

I see. I'm using an Ember atm, planning to hunt for Loki. Maybe that's why I prefer potato-ing melee before guns. Haha

Thanks nevertheless!

I would suggest you get a good primary and potato it first before doing any melee weapons 

get some kunai too they ignore armor which makes them great on higher levels where the armor is super high

I have a max Kunai in my arsenal. Maybe I should go potato it first. :v

Edited by Xilhouette